15 Minute Full Charge

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm curious what side effects will be found with these rapid charge accessories...I'd love to believe it's just a safe, fast option, but something tells me there's a downside of some sort.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious what side effects will be found with these rapid charge accessories...I'd love to believe it's just a safe, fast option, but something tells me there's a downside of some sort.

That's the first thing that came to my mind as well!

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Too much amperage too fast going into a lightning port can fry IC chips... that's a problem with poorly made 3rd party chargers/cables. Caveat emptor.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site

Science says this will probably not be good for your battery.

Plus, you can use 2amp charges with the iPhone anyway and it still takes more than 15 minutes.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
The iPad charger will charge the iPhone faster than the standard cable that came with the phone, so I'd use that if I needed a quicker charge. I would be very cautious if I used that case though, could cause some damage.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Exactly ....I was thinking the same thing. My guess is that it would shorten battery life in the long run.

Real Camera

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Any info on what it does to the battery in the long run? I mean ... I assume there is a reason why this kind of things are not coming yet in default

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I think Apple will develop rapid charging on their own just like the competition has done and I think we'll see it this year in the 's' series of devices. It certainly is a nice feature that enjoy daily.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Maybe it's me, but I don't have a problem with the time it currently takes to charge my iPhone because normally, I charge it overnight while I'm asleep.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Maybe it's me, but I don't have a problem with the time it currently takes to charge my iPhone because normally, I charge it overnight while I'm asleep.

I think it's more of a benefit to heavy (android?) users that may not be getting all-day and all-evening battery life. However, seems like it'd have to be super heavy use.