14 Pro (Max) Camera Lens

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Anyone using a camera lens cover? For those who aren’t, how has your lens held up? I’ve had one on since release but contemplate taking it off every now and then. Am I worrying too much? Anyone notice any scratches or anything?

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Anyone using a camera lens cover? For those who aren’t, how has your lens held up? I’ve had one on since release but contemplate taking it off every now and then. Am I worrying too much? Anyone notice any scratches or anything?

I've had the 14 Pro Max for about 6 weeks. I have not noticed anything with the lenses. And it has already taken some hard drops (one without the cover). For sure the bump is more pronounced than my 11 (though YT tech channels were positively drama queen over the bump). IMHO Apple's build and cover on the camera lenses are very durable. Outside of a very very unlucky hit to it, I think the lenses are fine as is. But I don't blame anyone who wants to go the extra mile for protection. I went the more expensive direction and for the very first time bought AppleCare+. BOL.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
My phones have a hard life and my 14 Pro Max with an Apple brand case is holding up to drops, scratches, getting washed, banged and bounced around with the adventure sports I do.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Love this camera lens protector:
fca4498dbd4d2f59df9ccb2604128621.jpg

WSKEN for iPhone 14 Pro/Pro Max

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B63QV84...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU3297306

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Op don’t waste your time. The chronograph camera layout is on point, no need to cover it up.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
From a technical standpoint, smart phone camera lenses are already covered by protective glass. The glass covering that Apple uses is more resistant to scratches then the back/front glass but is certainly not impervious from all scratches! However, that is one place I do NOT install any kind of protective cover. You should not as well because it will definitely affect your photos. You may not notice it right away just as you don't notice if the covering is dirty from a smudge. But if you're capturing in darker areas with pinpoint sources of light it will become immediately apparent that something is wrong. Any case will provide ample protection against objects from coming in contact with the lens glass and that is absolutely fine.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I had the 11 and 12, and now the 14. My wife as the 13. We’ve never used lens protection and probably never will. And this coming from a photographer who uses his 14 PM to take a lot of pictures.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I had the 11 and 12, and now the 14. My wife as the 13. We’ve never used lens protection and probably never will. And this coming from a photographer who uses his 14 PM to take a lot of pictures.

Agree. It's a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. ;)

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Oh hell no, no way that I’ll use any kind of lens cover for my iPhone. I don’t like the possibility that such a cover will cause lens flares, distortions or any other kind of artifacts in photos.
I like my lenses like I like my chocolate, pure. (It’s the Dutch phrase for dark chocolate)

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I just got my iPhone 14 pro max. Did really think of getting camera lenses cover for my phone or my previous phones. Sounds like a good idea but honestly been taking care of my phone pretty well with everyday use that I don’t even put a screen protector with my phones

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
For a few dollars it's worth it I used them on my 13 pro. Anything that keeps my device working and not having to send it in for repairs is worth every penny IMHO.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro