14" MBP issues with scrolling using the trackpad

maflynn

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
Hey, its been a while since I posted here, but I wanted to ask for some help.

I've owned this 14" MBP for a month or so, and its been great, but one thing I notice is that when I try to scroll in Safari or Chrome it seems that my two finger gesture doesn't take or it just scrolls very little

I have little problems with the mouse, but I don't always have a mouse with me.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
14" MBP issues with scrolling using the trackpad

I've owned this 14" MBP for a month or so, and its been great, but one thing I notice is that when I try to scroll in Safari or Chrome it seems that my two finger gesture doesn't take or it just scrolls very little

Is the problem limited to Safari and Chrome? In addition, what macOS is running on your MBP?

maflynn

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
Re: 14" MBP issues with scrolling using the trackpad

Is the problem limited to Safari and Chrome? In addition, what macOS is running on your MBP?

Yeah it seems to be, I just double checked scrolling through the Finder and email. As for version I'm on 12.5.1.

The MBP came with Monterey, I'm not sure of anything prior would be compatible.

Let me expound on the issue a bit further. The two finger gesture does work, but sometimes the first try doesn't take, or scrolls a little, then subsequent gestures works. I stop to read or do something and it may return (or it may not, its intermittent )

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Maflynn, I highly suggest opening a case with Apple Support. Only a month and a half since purchase means you are still in the beginning warranty window.
If it wasn’t only on browsers I’d say the trackpad HW itself is having an issue. Yet it still could be hardware related, possibly, or it is software. Sometimes issues like this become known to Support even though it is effecting a tiny fraction of a percent of MB owners. They may already have a defined fix or you’ll be helping to urge a fix.

Personally I like to use the Apple Support app but you can also start a case here:
https://support.apple.com/my-support

ervinjason

Oct 23, 2022
Visit site

So, how did you resolve it? I am facing something similar...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So, how did you resolve it? I am facing something similar...

I use both Safari and Chrome EVERY day during the week at work on my M1 MacBook Pro and I’ve yet to have any issues scrolling with them. Having said that, have you verified touchpad settings are correct?

ervinjason

Oct 23, 2022
Visit site
I use both Safari and Chrome EVERY day during the week at work on my M1 MacBook Pro and I’ve yet to have any issues scrolling with them. Having said that, have you verified touchpad settings are correct?

I reset Mac Pro and everything works fine. Still not sure what might have caused it to malfunction, but working for me now. Thanks!

Fravin

Jul 24, 2023
Visit site

Apple's trackpads are the best trackpads over there.

Try to reduce or improve the sensitivity of the trackpad under System Settings -> Acessibility -> Pointer Control -> Trackpad options -> Scroll Speed

1690212248178.png

Turning Inertia off could help with the first scrolling gesture not being detected.

Give it another try!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods