14 day return policy - problem

steven2014

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone

So here's the thing, I have space grey iPhone 6s Plus. I'm still within my 14 day exchange / return period and thinking of going for the gold model. Problem, finding a 6s plus in any colour in the UK is impossible. There are very limited stock, which I'm guessing is due to production problem?

Anyway. What's happens if my 14 days expires. Surely I should be able to change it still as this problem is at apples end for stock reason?

What's you thoughts?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I highly doubt you'll be able to after 14 days unless you make an arrangement with Apple. If it was me I'd just return it entirely if I had to so I could eventually get exactly what I wanted.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Your being able to swap the gray phone for a rose gold one just because you prefer the rose gold probably will come to a halt on the 14th day from your purchase date. And, it will likely cost you a "restocking fee" on top as well.

The only way you'll probably be able to swap after that is if something is wrong with your SG phone...and they'd just send you a replacement of the same color.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi there. I would say it doesn't hurt to try and good luck. Since you weren't forced to buy the space grey phone I don't think you will be able get out of it without a fee. But you don't know unless you try. Worst case, the space grey 6s Plus is a great looking phone!

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
I did the same thing that you are wanting to do. The Apple rep told me you can exchange as long as it's in the 14 day period. After that you are stuck.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I was told at the Apple Store that the return policy has no flexibility when dealing with a carrier contracted phone. The carrier has you under contract at that point. Whether on a payment plan through carrier or a contract discounted phone. The rep also told me that if you bought it from Apple for full price then they have a little bit more flexibility and could possibly return or exchange AFTER the 14 period.

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Different Apple devices -and probably has no relevance- but.. I was able to exchange a Mac Mini and iPad air for a Retina Macbook pro about 5 days after my return period. I was not in the country but I explained it to them and they ended up doing the exchange for me.

Lola Macdonald

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
I saw something on line to return it in a thirty day policy and i called the apple where i got it and they said i could do it and im on the 21st day i hope this helps

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen