13 vs 13 mini pixel density

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Why is the pixel density always higher on the mini models when compared to the regular iphone 13? Shouldn't it be the other way around if you're going to spend more money for the bigger phone? I always feel like I should opt for the mini model mainly because of this. Why pay more for the same phone but with worse resolution? Maybe I'm not understanding something. Does 16 extra pixels per inch even make a difference? I just noticed too that the pro max model has the lowest PPI of them all.

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Hard to believe no one here has any input on this. I guess I will get a mini then because it has the higher PPI. To me, that must mean it looks better than the other models.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hard to believe no one here has any input on this. I guess I will get a mini then because it has the higher PPI. To me, that must mean it looks better than the other models.

Many of us are still at work and don’t have the time to investigate this matter for you. Please be patient and someone will come along with an sweet for you when they can. Thanks.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Op your confusing resolution with ppi

The bigger screens have a higher resolution but a lower pixel density.

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
look at both screens in real life. You will find the screen on the 13 to be gorgeous, at least as good as the mini's. If you buy a mini just for the PPI technical data on paper, you might regret it. Buy the mini if you like the small size, not for a 'better' screen than the 13.
(I have both, so I think I know what I'm talking about).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brunnic