12 Pro Apple Leather Cases

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone! I just got my 12 Pro in gold yesterday & I’ve been considering getting an Apple leather case. I know it covers the square body all around which I’m happy about, but I’m curious how your case is wearing in as far as patina goes, as well as durability. Does it bulk the phone up (a lot)more or is it like the leather cases Apple has had for previous phones. I had a saddle brown case for my 11 Pro and loved it even though it was a little slick till it wore in a bit.

I’m looking into the saddle brown or the California poppy colors for the 12 Pro.

Let me know your opinions please! Thank you

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Just get one of these. Only $8,910. BUT WAIT...order now, and receive a matching wallpaper. You'll love the gold and diamonds.
e1fc672640563a34a498514188d3b7b8.jpg

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone! I just got my 12 Pro in gold yesterday & I’ve been considering getting an Apple leather case. I know it covers the square body all around which I’m happy about, but I’m curious how your case is wearing in as far as patina goes, as well as durability. Does it bulk the phone up (a lot)more or is it like the leather cases Apple has had for previous phones. I had a saddle brown case for my 11 Pro and loved it even though it was a little slick till it wore in a bit.

I’m looking into the saddle brown or the California poppy colors for the 12 Pro.

What!!! I thought you got the 11 pro recently?!? Haha, I am still holding strong on my 11 pro but have been so tempted with the 12 pro. Tax return time always tempts me!

The gold is so pretty! I’ve heard good things about the 12 leather cases, nice and slim. Enjoy your new phone, I’m definitely jealous

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
What!!! I thought you got the 11 pro recently?!? Haha, I am still holding strong on my 11 pro but have been so tempted with the 12 pro. Tax return time always tempts me!

The gold is so pretty! I’ve heard good things about the 12 leather cases, nice and slim. Enjoy your new phone, I’m definitely jealous

I did just buy the 11 Pro outright in December. Clearly I have a problem
I fell tempted to the gorgeous design of the 12 Pro square body and bought it too
((cue Brittany Spears oops I did it again))

Thank you, I love the design. I do still have my 11 Pro....I don’t know if I want to sell it or not

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I did just buy the 11 Pro outright in December. Clearly I have a problem
I fell tempted to the gorgeous design of the 12 Pro square body and bought it too
((cue Brittany Spears oops I did it again))

Thank you, I love the design. I do still have my 11 Pro....I don’t know if I want to sell it or not

It definitely is a beautiful phone the 12, but my 11 pro is more comfy to use for me. My sister has the regular 12 model and I found that the slightly larger screen combined with the squared edges made it a little cumbersome to hold/use for me. Curious to hear your thoughts after you have some time with the 12.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site

Do it! lol

I had the 12 Pro before I switched over to the S21 Ultra (big mistake) and I liked it. I have the 12 Pro Max now but I prefer the size of the 12 Pro. The battery life is better on the bigger model, though. What are your thoughts on the 12 mini? Think it'd be easier on the hands?

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Do it! lol

I had the 12 Pro before I switched over to the S21 Ultra (big mistake) and I liked it. I have the 12 Pro Max now but I prefer the size of the 12 Pro. The battery life is better on the bigger model, though. What are your thoughts on the 12 mini? Think it'd be easier on the hands?

I’ve thought about the mini, but don’t think I’d be content with it for a while. Plus the price is a bit high for a phone that small! I’m actually good with my 11 pro and trying my hardest to hold out for the “12s/13.” Just not enough I’d gain to warrant the upgrade this year. It’s my first year I haven’t upgraded which is crazy for me!

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I’ve thought about the mini, but don’t think I’d be content with it for a while. Plus the price is a bit high for a phone that small! I’m actually good with my 11 pro and trying my hardest to hold out for the “12s/13.” Just not enough I’d gain to warrant the upgrade this year. It’s my first year I haven’t upgraded which is crazy for me!

I agree about the price, but it has all the same specs as the 12, just smaller.

Good luck holding out!

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Just got my new Space Gray iPhone 12 Pro Max last night...and got a black Apple leather case for it. I’ve used this combo for my last few iPhones because it looks classy & business-like...since I’m in the business environment most of the day.

I love the fit & quality of the OEM Apple leather case...and although I’m quite sure the leather absorbs some of the oil & junk off of my hands from use, and develops a “patina”...with the black dye the stains are not visible. I’ve seen leather cases in lighter colors look really dirty and “used” after a short time...so I keep things dark.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Just got my new Space Gray iPhone 12 Pro Max last night...and got a black Apple leather case for it. I’ve used this combo for my last few iPhones because it looks classy & business-like...since I’m in the business environment most of the day.

I love the fit & quality of the OEM Apple leather case...and although I’m quite sure the leather absorbs some of the oil & junk off of my hands from use, and develops a “patina”...with the black dye the stains are not visible. I’ve seen leather cases in lighter colors look really dirty and “used” after a short time...so I keep things dark.

Congrats and thank you for your input! I love the black leather too BUT I love a good worn in patina’d leather case! I’d I was able to buy one naturally worn already I would

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
I have purchased many cases for my iPhones , however the Apple leather (black) I use 99 percent of the time .

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I like Apple's leather cases, but for the same price, you can pick up a Nomad leather case with MagSafe and 10 ft. drop protection. AFAIK, Apple's leather case doesn't offer any drop protection.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I like Apple's leather cases, but for the same price, you can pick up a Nomad leather case with MagSafe and 10 ft. drop

protection. AFAIK, Apple's leather case doesn't offer any drop protection.

You’re right, but I’ve dropped iPhones in the past that I’ve had an Apple Leather case on...and although the case bore the brunt of the impact...the phone was unharmed. Now, I’m talking about drops from 3-4 feet up...not from a housetop or something. It has limitations.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

My Baltic Blue Apple Leather case is holding up very well and I'm happy with my choice of an Apple leather case once again. I will probably purchase the Saddle Brown soon as I'm also a fan of the Patina look. Enjoy.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
My Baltic Blue Apple Leather case is holding up very well and I'm happy with my choice of an Apple leather case once again. I will probably purchase the Saddle Brown soon as I'm also a fan of the Patina look. Enjoy.

Thank you very much D! I’m glad to hear your leather case is holding up well and that you’re enjoying it
I also YouTube’d some videos on people that have the saddle brown case & how it’s worn in to get more feedback on that particular color