10 years on Android -> made the move to iPhone!

Nov 13, 2020
Visit site
Hi Everyone.

I've been an Android user for the last 10 years, tried all sorts of android phones but decided to make the switch after I was disappointed with my favourite android OEM (Google) making, imo, subpar devices for the last two years.

So I've decided to take the plunge and try the iPhone and iOS for the first time. Just got the iPhone 12 Pro Max in Pacific Blue today, set it up and getting used to the operations and OS and how it functions. So far, very very impressed!

I do have questions about the OS and functionality, so I'll ask that in the questions area of the forum.

But just dropped by to say hi.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to IMore and congratulations on getting your new iPhone. You will discover that many of us have used Android devices and some switch back and forth between iOS and Android. Anyway, we’re eager to assist you in answering whatever question you may have in regard to your iPhone, Apple or iOS. Just ask. In the meantime, have a great day.

rebretz000

Mar 20, 2017
Visit site
Welcome and congratulations. I made the move 2 years ago and for the most part couldn’t be happier. The Apple ecosystem is fantastic, way better than Android I found out.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi Everyone.

I've been an Android user for the last 10 years, tried all sorts of android phones but decided to make the switch after I was disappointed with my favourite android OEM (Google) making, imo, subpar devices for the last two years.

So I've decided to take the plunge and try the iPhone and iOS for the first time. Just got the iPhone 12 Pro Max in Pacific Blue today, set it up and getting used to the operations and OS and how it functions. So far, very very impressed!

I do have questions about the OS and functionality, so I'll ask that in the questions area of the forum.

Welcome to iMore and iOS!

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Hi Everyone.

Great story. My first Android device was the Nexus One. First ever mod was to change the led color of the ball.

For years I was an Android fanboy and my wife was an Apple fangirl. We’d go back and forth with “Can Apple do this?” or “Can Android do this?”.

A few years ago I woke one Saturday morning and told the wife I’d be back in a bit, that I was heading to the T-Mobile store to get an iPhone. No reason, just wanted to try it. (I think she may have actually fainted when she heard me say that). She said “wait for me, we’ll both get new phones”.

So here I am several years later with iPhone (and iPad, Apple Watch, Mac Mini, MacBook Pro, iMac, Apple TV, AirPods Pro) and loving it all. I don’t think I’ll ever go back to Android.

So September 2019 we upgraded (again) to 11 Pro Max. We’ll skip the 12 but may look at the next device.

Welcome to the club. Feel free to post all the questions you have. We have an awesome member base here and I’m sure there’s more than enough talent here to assist you.

Welcome to iMore.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iOS, seems to be more android users switching this year.

Enjoy your new iPhone.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Welcome, I made the move when the five S came out with the Touch ID. Never went back full time to Android.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox