I currently have the Unlimited and More plan. There have been a few times when data has been slowed due to network congestion and I miss having the personal hotspot feature.

Either I go for the 5 GB plan which is the same price I’m paying now and which has less data but I use 2.3/2.4 to 3 GB a month. I used to have the 5 GB plan a couple of years ago and I never got the message saying that I’d used 75% or 100% of my data. Or I pay $10 more a month and go for the Unlimited and More Premium which has all of these features but is more expensive.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    09-16-2018 12:49 PM
    I currently have the Unlimited and More plan. There have been a few times when data has been slowed due to network congestion and I miss having the personal hotspot feature.

Either I go for the 5 GB plan which is the same price I’m paying now and which has less data but I use 2.3/2.4 to 3 GB a month. I used to have the 5 GB plan a couple of years ago and I never got the message saying that I’d used 75% or 100% of my data. Or I pay $10 more a month and go for the Unlimited and More Premium which has all of these features but is more expensive.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Smartphones have come a long way, what we do over cellular data has changed significantly from a few years ago.
    While a few GBs would have been enough back then, for most people it won’t be enough nowadays.
    My monthly average over the past 6 months is roughly 22GB, while I have survived with under 6GB per month for many years until Unlimited became a thing.

My advice is to go with the 5GB option for now and inform about your options to eventually upgrade to a higher plan if that proves to be not enough.
    09-16-2018 12:56 PM
    Smartphones have come a long way, what we do over cellular data has changed significantly from a few years ago.
    While a few GBs would have been enough back then, for most people it won’t be enough nowadays.
    My monthly average over the past 6 months is roughly 22GB, while I have survived with under 6GB per month for many years until Unlimited became a thing.

My advice is to go with the 5GB option for now and inform about your options to eventually upgrade to a higher plan if that proves to be not enough.
    Thank you for the advice. Later today I will switch to the 5GB plan. It gets rollover data as well so I bet every month I’ll have 7,8,9, or 10 GB of total data available. I think I’ll treat the plan as an Unlimited plan because I use between 2.3 GB and 3 GB a month.
    Tartarus likes this.
    09-16-2018 01:02 PM
    Switched back to the Unlimited and More plan.
    10-05-2018 05:09 PM
    Switched back to the Unlimited and More plan.
    Didn’t work out for you?

I also use to get by with 5GB of data with help from WiFi. If you was also using WiFi I’m hoping you had WiFi Assist toggled off
    10-06-2018 04:06 PM
    Didn’t work out for you?

I also use to get by with 5GB of data with help from WiFi. If you was also using WiFi I’m hoping you had WiFi Assist toggled off
    No. I was worried about going over the 5 GB of data. I think I will switch to the Premium plan as that has the best of both (personal hotspot 15 GB, 1080p HD streaming, and unlimited data with no throttling after 22 GB).

I have WiFi assist on now that I have unlimited data. However I might change my settings to get better battery life and therefore I might turn it off.
    kataran and ladyc0524 like this.
    10-06-2018 04:10 PM
    I switched to the Premium plan a few days ago, but today AT&T announced new Mobile Share Plus plans. 3 GB for $60 a month and 9 GB for $70 a month. That’s $30 and $20 less a month than I’m paying now respectively.

I will most likely switch to the 9 GB plan in a few days. The reason I won’t switch to the 3 GB plan is because when I was on a 3 GB plan before I came dangerously close numerous times to using up all the data per month. The 9 GB plan I will treat as an Unlimited plan since I use maximum 2.4 GB a month.
    10-09-2018 04:52 PM