Unlimited and More vs 5GB vs Premium

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I currently have the Unlimited and More plan. There have been a few times when data has been slowed due to network congestion and I miss having the personal hotspot feature.

Either I go for the 5 GB plan which is the same price I’m paying now and which has less data but I use 2.3/2.4 to 3 GB a month. I used to have the 5 GB plan a couple of years ago and I never got the message saying that I’d used 75% or 100% of my data. Or I pay $10 more a month and go for the Unlimited and More Premium which has all of these features but is more expensive.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I currently have the Unlimited and More plan. There have been a few times when data has been slowed due to network congestion and I miss having the personal hotspot feature.

Either I go for the 5 GB plan which is the same price I’m paying now and which has less data but I use 2.3/2.4 to 3 GB a month. I used to have the 5 GB plan a couple of years ago and I never got the message saying that I’d used 75% or 100% of my data. Or I pay $10 more a month and go for the Unlimited and More Premium which has all of these features but is more expensive.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Smartphones have come a long way, what we do over cellular data has changed significantly from a few years ago.
While a few GBs would have been enough back then, for most people it won’t be enough nowadays.
My monthly average over the past 6 months is roughly 22GB, while I have survived with under 6GB per month for many years until Unlimited became a thing.

My advice is to go with the 5GB option for now and inform about your options to eventually upgrade to a higher plan if that proves to be not enough.

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Smartphones have come a long way, what we do over cellular data has changed significantly from a few years ago.
While a few GBs would have been enough back then, for most people it won’t be enough nowadays.
My monthly average over the past 6 months is roughly 22GB, while I have survived with under 6GB per month for many years until Unlimited became a thing.

My advice is to go with the 5GB option for now and inform about your options to eventually upgrade to a higher plan if that proves to be not enough.

Thank you for the advice. Later today I will switch to the 5GB plan. It gets rollover data as well so I bet every month I’ll have 7,8,9, or 10 GB of total data available. I think I’ll treat the plan as an Unlimited plan because I use between 2.3 GB and 3 GB a month.

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Didn’t work out for you?

I also use to get by with 5GB of data with help from WiFi. If you was also using WiFi I’m hoping you had WiFi Assist toggled off

No. I was worried about going over the 5 GB of data. I think I will switch to the Premium plan as that has the best of both (personal hotspot 15 GB, 1080p HD streaming, and unlimited data with no throttling after 22 GB).

I have WiFi assist on now that I have unlimited data. However I might change my settings to get better battery life and therefore I might turn it off.

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I switched to the Premium plan a few days ago, but today AT&T announced new Mobile Share Plus plans. 3 GB for $60 a month and 9 GB for $70 a month. That’s $30 and $20 less a month than I’m paying now respectively.

I will most likely switch to the 9 GB plan in a few days. The reason I won’t switch to the 3 GB plan is because when I was on a 3 GB plan before I came dangerously close numerous times to using up all the data per month. The 9 GB plan I will treat as an Unlimited plan since I use maximum 2.4 GB a month.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen