I was going to take ATT up on the offer of BOGO if you add a line. I had planed to buy a iPhone Xs and get an iPhone 8 and then pay of my Xs right away because i don't want monthly installments. I was told if i pay off the XS i wouldn't get the credits for the iPhone 8 because i would no longer have an installment plan.

Can anyone help me understand why i have to have a monthly installment plan to qualify for the BOGO. If i am adding a line why can't i just pay off my phone? The rep i spoke with said he didn't understand the reasoning either and couldn't explain why.

Thanks
    09-16-2018 12:19 PM
    Probably to keep you month to month on their service, vs paying off the device right away shutting down the line and picking a new carrier, thus they lose our on the fees since they don't make much on equipment.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-16-2018 05:05 PM
    Probably to keep you month to month on their service, vs paying off the device right away shutting down the line and picking a new carrier, thus they lose our on the fees since they don't make much on equipment.
    Ahh that makes sense. Thank you.
    09-16-2018 05:06 PM
    I was going to take ATT up on the offer of BOGO if you add a line. I had planed to buy a iPhone Xs and get an iPhone 8 and then pay of my Xs right away because i don't want monthly installments. I was told if i pay off the XS i wouldn't get the credits for the iPhone 8 because i would no longer have an installment plan.

Can anyone help me understand why i have to have a monthly installment plan to qualify for the BOGO. If i am adding a line why can't i just pay off my phone? The rep i spoke with said he didn't understand the reasoning either and couldn't explain why.

Thanks
    Because if you are paying monthly you get the monthly payment knocked off... Which means you basically stay with them. Think 2 year contract.
    10-03-2018 08:45 PM