ATT data connection has gone south.

xandros9

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday I received an iMessage four hours after it was sent, making me suspicious something was afoot.

Today, I found out my cellular data connection was completely useless despite reception (field test confirms signal is fine, I haven't gone to a new location) and LTE (or 3G or "4G") connectivity. I'm on a Mobile Share plan.

Safari would occasionally redirect to an ATT site and display
"AT&T Free Message: Your attempt to connect to data service was unsuccessful. Please try again later."
http://redirect.ac.sl.attcompute.com/cgi-bin/redirect.cgi
But more often than not it'll just timeout.

Wi-Fi works fine.

I've done everything I could think of and scoured the net with both Google and Bing. (airplane mode toggling, SIM removal, reboots, network resets, etc.) - short of erasing the phone but I fear its 100% an AT&T problem that I can do nothing about.

I've looked over various forums but I'm hoping there is something I missed that I could do.

I have a friend with an ATT 5s like me and it doesn't exhibit this behavior so it doesn't appear location based.

Ah well.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday I received an iMessage four hours after it was sent, making me suspicious something was afoot.

Today, I found out my cellular data connection was completely useless despite reception (field test confirms signal is fine, I haven't gone to a new location) and LTE (or 3G or "4G") connectivity. I'm on a Mobile Share plan.

Safari would occasionally redirect to an ATT site and display
"AT&T Free Message: Your attempt to connect to data service was unsuccessful. Please try again later."
http://redirect.ac.sl.attcompute.com/cgi-bin/redirect.cgi
But more often than not it'll just timeout.

Wi-Fi works fine.

I've done everything I could think of and scoured the net with both Google and Bing. (airplane mode toggling, SIM removal, reboots, network resets, etc.) - short of erasing the phone but I fear its 100% an AT&T problem that I can do nothing about.

I've looked over various forums but I'm hoping there is something I missed that I could do.

I have a friend with an ATT 5s like me and it doesn't exhibit this behavior so it doesn't appear location based.

Ah well.

def a data connection issue with ATT i would see them for a new sim

xandros9

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
the store couldn't immediately help me since I wasn't an authorized user of the line or whatever.

I called 611 and it says some customers in the "Northeast" have issues with data services so I think that may be me. (Northwest Virginia, but it says my area so I don't know...)
Guess I'll sit tight for now.

EDIT: Received a text indicating the issue has been resolved.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR