WiFi calling - must contact carrier?

JohnOCFII

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
When I attempted to turn on WiFi calling on my new 6s, I received the following message:

To allow Wi-Fi calling on this account, contact your carrier.

I have a grandfathered unlimited FamilyTalk account from when I got my first iPhone on AT&T in 2009.

As always, I'm concerned about contacting the carrier, as so often "things happen." I'm otherwise happy with my plan, and am hoping this isn't going to be a case of "you can't have that feature unless you upgrade to a more current plan."

Anyone else run up against this message?

Thanks,

John

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I have an old family share minute plan with unlimited data plan and wifi calling is working fine one my 6.

iMoreAppImg_20151011_225708.jpg

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
It is the model of 6s you're using. Are you using a T-Mobile model? I was and it didn't work for me. I swapped my 6s out for an ATT model and it works fine now. Someone else on the forum verified that when they called ATT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnOCFII

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
It is the model of 6s you're using. Are you using a T-Mobile model? I was and it didn't work for me. I swapped my 6s out for an ATT model and it works fine now. Someone else on the forum verified that when they called ATT.

Interesting. I got my iPhone 6s from AT&T, as Apple couldn't process my order for some reason, so I assume it is an AT&T iPhone 6s. The model is: MKQ92LL/A.

John

bama1fan

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I have AT&T WiFi calling working on my iPhone 6s. But I do have a friend that's having the same issues. We both have the 550 family share plan with unlimited data.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 6s 64GB using Tapatalk! ROLL TIDE!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW