I am torn between just waiting to buy the unlocked phone which I assume won't be available for preorder this weekend or taking an upgrade from another line because sometime in the last two weeks ATT changed my eligibility for "early upgrade" to April. I knew I should've screenshotted that.

Has anyone ever swapped an upgrade on their account? How did that work? Does the upgrade just swap with yours? So if they say mine isn't eligible til April, will that line just switch to April and mine be a new Upgrade?

You can't really sell Gazelle a phone that's still under contract so I guess I'll confirm I can't do an early upgrade on Saturday at 2am before I cancel my Gazelle sale.
    09-09-2015 04:12 PM
    You order the new phone with the line that is eligible, then when you get the new phone you use your SIM in it.
    ame likes this.
    09-09-2015 06:12 PM
    Okee dokee. Thanks!
    09-09-2015 07:02 PM
    I'm stealing my Wife's upgrade....LOL, just kidding, she's giving me her upgrade. Lucky for me she's not into tech like ME. I will be giving her my three month old mint condition 6 Plus which isn't to shabby of a iPhone...SMILE
    09-09-2015 07:07 PM
    I'm stealing my Wife's upgrade....LOL, just kidding, she's giving me her upgrade. Lucky for me she's not into tech like ME. I will be giving her my three month old mint condition 6 Plus which isn't to shabby of a iPhone...SMILE
    I get the new upgrade every year and give my one year old one to my husband. The caveat is that I have to complete the backup and setup of my old one with his stuff and that's gotten much easier over the years.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    09-09-2015 07:17 PM
    I am torn between just waiting to buy the unlocked phone which I assume won't be available for preorder this weekend or taking an upgrade from another line because sometime in the last two weeks ATT changed my eligibility for "early upgrade" to April. I knew I should've screenshotted that.

Has anyone ever swapped an upgrade on their account? How did that work? Does the upgrade just swap with yours? So if they say mine isn't eligible til April, will that line just switch to April and mine be a new Upgrade?

You can't really sell Gazelle a phone that's still under contract so I guess I'll confirm I can't do an early upgrade on Saturday at 2am before I cancel my Gazelle sale.
    You order the new phone with the line that is eligible, then when you get the new phone you use your SIM in it.
    Exactly. We do that dance every year when the new iPhone comes out. Papa (me) gets the new one, and the older devices get bumped down the line...
    09-09-2015 07:25 PM
    My husband isn't really interested in a new phone at all. In fact if he had his way he wouldn't have one at all. He wants nothing to do with being reachable and since some of you know what he does and who he works for, you will find the searing irony in that. But I guess if you think about it, it makes a little sense...I guess.

He's throwing a fit that I want to buy it at all, we need to buy him a new car and he is like "you're not really helping to save money, yknow."
    09-09-2015 09:07 PM