Switching from VZW to AT&T. Got the Verizon loyalty plan. Only 2gb unlimited text and talk. Have 2 smart phone lines and one ghost line pay 173. Went to the AT&T store and they quoted me for a 10 gb family share plan 2 phones for 180 a month. I also get 20% off my monthly bill. Haven't made the switch yet but going to best buy to do it

Tapped out on my iPhone 5
    02-18-2014 11:04 AM
    02-18-2014 11:09 AM
    That sounds like a great deal!
    02-18-2014 11:25 AM
    On my way to make the switch gonna get the gold 64 5S

Tapped out on my iPhone 5
    02-18-2014 12:14 PM
    Thanks for the tip.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    02-18-2014 02:04 PM
    Thanks for the tip and good luck.
    02-18-2014 04:02 PM
    Thanks for the heads up, good luck.
    02-18-2014 04:30 PM
    I am thinking about doing the same. I have 4 lines, 1 ghost line, 6GB and am paying $235 with Verizon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    02-22-2014 01:30 PM
    Why did you waste that reps time just to go to Best Buy!? Its a slap in the face to go to Best Buy after that rep spent his/her time with you
    02-22-2014 04:24 PM
    Why did you waste that reps time just to go to Best Buy!? Its a slap in the face to go to Best Buy after that rep spent his/her time with you
    I didn't waste anyone's job. I switched to AT&T. That's all that matters. It's a free country

Tapped out on my iPhone 5S
    02-22-2014 06:54 PM
    I work at a cellphone store and it's super common for people to take up all our day with questions only to buy the device/plan elsewhere. That and they buy them at these big chain places then come into the stores to yell at us over deals they missed, phone quality, etcetera. It's rude but it's why those places stay in business.
    02-22-2014 07:00 PM
    I didn't waste anyone's job. I switched to AT&T. That's all that matters. It's a free country

In sales, a lot of us are commission based. It's like tipping the table overs waitress instead of your own. I'm sorry but the bigger company winning doesn't always equate to the employee benefitting. Best Buy employees aren't even commission based, so they could care less if you buy from them. I'd rather get someone commission based because you'd know they care.
    02-22-2014 07:03 PM
    I've always bought my phones from Best Buy. Haven't paid for a phone for years cuz of the buy back program. The only reason I went to AT&T store was becuz I was switching from VZW. Sorry if I offended u sale people.

02-22-2014 07:59 PM
    I've always gone to the smaller stores even when Best Buy was giving $50 off. The last time I did the sales person pushed me to a plan that I think made them more of a commission. It just happens to cost me more. I may be going to Best Buy in the future.
    WildCatStud333 likes this.
    02-23-2014 01:54 AM
    . I'd rather get someone commission based because you'd know they care.
    I don't necessarily agree with this statement. I went into an AT&T store last weekend because I'm going to switch providers and they wouldn't stop pushing Android phones down my throat even though I told the guy I'm getting an iPhone 6 when it drops. He was incessant about it. If he "cared," then he would have listened to me the first time.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums app
    iRiidium likes this.
    02-23-2014 09:08 AM
    Such is life. The rep will live. How hard did the rep try to win his business? Did the rep work to offer a better deal?

Sent from my liberated iridium rMini LTE
    02-23-2014 09:37 AM
    I don't necessarily agree with this statement. I went into an AT&T store last weekend because I'm going to switch providers and they wouldn't stop pushing Android phones down my throat even though I told the guy I'm getting an iPhone 6 when it drops. He was incessant about it. If he "cared," then he would have listened to me the first time.

I agree when I was at AT&T the guy was like what phone u plan on getting I said the 5s. He said the Note 3 is a beast. The best phone out. Got the wheels turning but I've switched back n forth several times. I think the Note 3 is such a beautiful device but I know if I switched I'd switch back to Apple n less then a month. I'm just very satisfied with apple.

02-23-2014 12:38 PM
    Of course you'll always get the sales reps who only push certain things. Some of us do listen though. We're humans right?

However, it's difficult on the good ones who get treated like dirt. I can't even begin to tell you about how often someone yells at me for something I knew nothing about. Like for example a lady had bought the absolute cheapest 4G phone for my company right? She activated it at Best Buy in the $55 plan. However, in the stores we've got the $35 plan promotion. She finds out about it after Best Buy sends her to my store because they can't/won't show her how to Bluetooth her photos. After being called a "B***h" and other colorful words for not being able to refund her the plan difference, I've also already lost 3 sales.

There is good and bad on both sides of the coin. I just wish consumers would do a little research and treat us employees with a little kindness. I also wish that other sales people would do their research and be honest with consumers. Tact, Kindness, and consideration could really help our society.

I wasn't trying to start a fight, I'm just expressing my opinion too. =)
    Garz and iOS Gravity like this.
    02-23-2014 01:40 PM
    Of course you'll always get the sales reps who only push certain things. Some of us do listen though. We're humans right?

However, it's difficult on the good ones who get treated like dirt. I can't even begin to tell you about how often someone yells at me for something I knew nothing about. Like for example a lady had bought the absolute cheapest 4G phone for my company right? She activated it at Best Buy in the $55 plan. However, in the stores we've got the $35 plan promotion. She finds out about it after Best Buy sends her to my store because they can't/won't show her how to Bluetooth her photos. After being called a "B***h" and other colorful words for not being able to refund her the plan difference, I've also already lost 3 sales.

There is good and bad on both sides of the coin. I just wish consumers would do a little research and treat us employees with a little kindness. I also wish that other sales people would do their research and be honest with consumers. Tact, Kindness, and consideration could really help our society.

You are absolutely right.

Sent from my liberated iridium rMini LTE
    02-23-2014 02:16 PM

It's all good! I wasn't fighting with you at all. You're entitled to your opinion. I'm just saying what's happened to me in the past. Sadly, not every sales person is "on the level" such as yourself.

WildCatStud333 likes this.
    02-23-2014 05:29 PM