We just switched from a Family 720 plan, with 3 smartphones and one standard phone. Data plans included 2GB for my iPhone and 3GB for each the samsung galaxy for the wife and mom. 200 text message plan for two phones ($5/each). Made the swich to the mobile share plan that includes shared 10GB of data for 4 phones, unlimited talk and text for $160+taxes ($100 plus $15/phone). Were paying $180+takes (total around $195) for 720 shared minutes, the three data plans and two text message plans.. now we have more data, unlimited talk and unlimited text for $20 cheaper. We can add additional phones for $15/phone (will of course have to share the data)... The 15BG plan is $130 pluse $15/phone...

No changes to phone upgrade eligibility and no changes to existing contract. Seems like a good deal to me.... oh and the best part, each phone now includes Mobile Hot Spot!
    nikkisharif and LVMHgirl like this.
    02-03-2014 12:01 AM
    Glad you're saving some money...Congrats!!!
    02-03-2014 01:38 AM
    Had read about in morning
    Its really so interested and too useful plan for sharing between family. :thumbup:

Sent from Tapatalk 2
    02-03-2014 01:49 AM
    We just switched from a Family 720 plan, with 3 smartphones and one standard phone. Data plans included 2GB for my iPhone and 3GB for each the samsung galaxy for the wife and mom. 200 text message plan for two phones ($5/each). Made the swich to the mobile share plan that includes shared 10GB of data for 4 phones, unlimited talk and text for $160+taxes ($100 plus $15/phone). Were paying $180+takes (total around $195) for 720 shared minutes, the three data plans and two text message plans.. now we have more data, unlimited talk and unlimited text for $20 cheaper. We can add additional phones for $15/phone (will of course have to share the data)... The 15BG plan is $130 pluse $15/phone...

No changes to phone upgrade eligibility and no changes to existing contract. Seems like a good deal to me.... oh and the best part, each phone now includes Mobile Hot Spot!
    It does alter your upgrade eligibility. You now no longer qualify for phone subsidies(upgrade pricing). You are now forced to upgrade using Next. Read # 5 at the bottom of this article. http://about.att.com/newsroom/att_la...e_network.html
    02-03-2014 02:05 AM
    I'm on the 10gig plan I'm calling tomorrow see what I'll be able to save lol four phones 10 gig

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    02-03-2014 04:19 AM
    Next is fine I don't mind paying outright for the phone for a cheaper bill & no dang contract hate them

Arktos likes this.
    02-03-2014 04:20 AM
    It does alter your upgrade eligibility. You now no longer qualify for phone subsidies(upgrade pricing). You are now forced to upgrade using Next. Read # 5 at the bottom of this article. AT&T Launches Best-Ever Prices for Families on its Best-in-Class 4G LTE Network | AT&T
    Three of our phones are eligible for upgrades now and the 4th is eligible for an upgrade in May 2015..

I'm not sure what this means "Customers who choose to upgrade at the end of their current agreement are required to sign-up for NEXT, bring their own device or purchase a phone a full retail price in order to keep this plan. - See more at: http://about.att.com/newsroom/att_launches_best_ever_prices_for_families_on_its_ best_in_class_4g_lte_network.html#sthash.QKp9hJ86. dpuf"

When we switched last night to this 10GB plan, the AT&T rep did not mention anything about NEXT.. Time for a phone call to AT&T this morning to get clarification.
    02-03-2014 10:44 AM
    Three of our phones are eligible for upgrades now and the 4th is eligible for an upgrade in May 2015..

I'm not sure what this means "Customers who choose to upgrade at the end of their current agreement are required to sign-up for NEXT, bring their own device or purchase a phone a full retail price in order to keep this plan. - See more at: http://about.att.com/newsroom/att_launches_best_ever_prices_for_families_on_its_ best_in_class_4g_lte_network.html#sthash.QKp9hJ86. dpuf"

When we switched last night to this 10GB plan, the AT&T rep did not mention anything about NEXT.. Time for a phone call to AT&T this morning to get clarification.
    I probably means that when you upgrade, you must choose Next. Let us know what Att says. Only reason I didn't jump on it is I have 2 lines with full upgrades that I want to use for iPhone 6.
    02-03-2014 11:13 AM
    Well as it turns out, if I do want to upgrade, I have three options:

1. upgrade using the Next (basically pay monthly installments) (for phones that are eligible for early upgrade)
    2. pay full retail price
    3. subsidized price on new 2 year contract (for phones that are eligible).

Considering that my wife got a new S4 last year and gave her S3 to her mom, I have no real interest in upgrading, as I still love my jailbroke 4s...
    02-03-2014 06:24 PM
    I upgraded my plan today. Joined AT&T back on October 2013 (3 lines on a 10GB data plan) Today I switched to the 3 lines/10GB/$145 plan. Including my 18% discount I'm now gonna save $57 a month. Great score!!!!

...via iPhone5S from TapaTalk...
    marvar11 likes this.
    02-03-2014 10:05 PM
    I upgraded my plan today. Joined AT&T back on October 2013 (3 lines on a 10GB data plan) Today I switched to the 3 lines/10GB/$145 plan. Including my 18% discount I'm now gonna save $57 a month. Great score!!!!

plus the mobile hotspot, and unlimited talk/text... seems like a pretty good deal to me...
    02-03-2014 10:37 PM
    plus the mobile hotspot, and unlimited talk/text... seems like a pretty good deal to me...
    Exactly. And here in Miami AT&T LTE is everywhere. It's the best. This is coming from a guy who was with Sprint for 12 years

02-03-2014 10:41 PM
    Sounds like what their doing is giving you a discounted price on the plan to motivate customers to change over knowing that sooner or later everybody will have to upgrade and then WAMBAM they got you. Because it's not fair for both type customers to pay the same rate when one paid full price and the other isn't

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    02-05-2014 01:04 PM
    Hey sjperformance sounds like you may be an employee mentioning 18% discount. I was wondering about that just hadn't had a chance to go down and inquire at the store

02-05-2014 01:07 PM
    This is a much better deal for people that don't upgrade often. I've got friends who are still happy with their old 3Gs. All this time they've been paying a premium even though they not upgraded in years.

I'll wait and snag a used iPhone 6 on the local craigslist for my next "upgrade".
    02-05-2014 01:28 PM
    Hey sjperformance sounds like you may be an employee mentioning 18% discount. I was wondering about that just hadn't had a chance to go down and inquire at the store

AT&T and Verizon give discounts to a lot of different companies. I get a 22% discount through AT&T and I work for a large insurance company.

The discount is just on the service, not extras or equipment.
    02-07-2014 03:54 PM

Not an employee. Just a FIU grad with a student ID. That alone qualifies with for 18% off data charge only. Regardless it's $20 off plus the new plan discounted price. Saving a bunch per month

02-08-2014 09:24 PM
    I had 450 minutes for $40, $30 for 3 gigs of data, and $20 for texting. I was paying about $90 a month after fees and taxes. I have a 25% discount which applies to the largest part of the plan. Switched to the $100/10 gigs plan which actually is $75 and costed $15 to add the phone. So I'll be paying about $98 a month now for 10 gigs as opposed to $90 for 3 gigs. Pretty happy with that.
    02-09-2014 04:37 PM
    I switched our plan and NOWHERE is it mentioned that NEXT is our only option, and I confirmed that with multiple reps that you can still do subsidized upgrades. Mind you I was already on a mobile share plan, we just switched to a different mobile share option.
    02-18-2014 10:52 AM
    I switched our plan and NOWHERE is it mentioned that NEXT is our only option, and I confirmed that with multiple reps that you can still do subsidized upgrades. Mind you I was already on a mobile share plan, we just switched to a different mobile share option.
    Then you didn't read the link I posted above. Here it is again. Read # 5. AT&T Launches Best-Ever Prices for Families on its Best-in-Class 4G LTE Network | AT&T

i have confirmed it with a supervisor that you can't get device subsidy if you keep this plan.
    02-18-2014 12:29 PM
    Then you didn't read the link I posted above. Here it is again. Read # 5. AT&T Launches Best-Ever Prices for Families on its Best-in-Class 4G LTE Network | AT&T

i have confirmed it with a supervisor that you can't get device subsidy if you keep this plan.
    Yeah. You can still get a subsidy at the end of the contract when you're eligible for an upgrade. But it means you can't keep one of these new plans. That's what isn't an option. I started a new contract on December 15th 2013 and show two upgrade eligibilities. One is to choose an installment plan for an upgrade (NEXT) on 5/15/2014 all while keeping the mobile share plan, or can get a phone at the subsidized price on 12/15/2015, sans keeping the same mobile share plan.
    02-18-2014 02:00 PM
    You won't be able to keep this new mobile share plan if you upgrade with a subsidized price. Regardless of whatever other plan you had prior.
    02-18-2014 02:03 PM
    It does alter your upgrade eligibility. You now no longer qualify for phone subsidies(upgrade pricing). You are now forced to upgrade using Next. Read # 5 at the bottom of this article. http://about.att.com/newsroom/att_la...e_network.html
    Does this apply to existing customers or new customers only?😬

03-05-2014 09:26 PM
    You won't be able to keep this new mobile share plan if you upgrade with a subsidized price. Regardless of whatever other plan you had prior.
    That's good to know that NEXT is NOT the only option!😅

03-05-2014 09:27 PM

Ok...now I'm confused on what is and what isn't with the rules of these "special" mobile share plans. 😲

I read the "hidden" text under the plan listing but that doesn't really validate what the "true" options are when upgrading. 😕

03-05-2014 09:29 PM
33 12