I wonder if AT&T should offer rollover data plan to fight T Mobile uncarrier marketing

gameson

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I remember back then AT&T was the first one to offer rollover minute, and now since they are combatting departing customers to T Mobile, I wonder if they are going to offer rollover data plan for customers

advantage for rollover data plan
1. obviously if consumers are rolling over data, that means their data plan is more than what they need, so that means more revenue for AT&T on that delta
2. based on my experience in roll over minute, because of point 1 (more data supply than data consumption), then rollover data bank usually never used up to zero, hence it's just a marketing

what do you think?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Interesting concept, but I don’t see this ever happening. The service providers make too much money on data services... why give it away?

And how do you rollover "unlimited" data?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Or how about a "data bank" concept.... every month you'd pay for an allowance to be added to your data bank... when it reached a mutually agreed upon top cap you could not have to pay for data again until you run your bank down to a minimum balance...

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
To be honest, I don't think that AT&T has to fight back T-Mobile. Their latest "Uncarrier" promotion isn't much if a promotion at all. I tried them out briefly a few months ago and I didn't like it. People are drawn to the $0 down and unlimited data for $70. What they don't know is that you are paying a monthly fee for your phone on top of the $70 plus about $10-$11 in insurance every month. So if you get a high end phone you could be paying $100-$110 per month and that's not including taxes. The premium goes down $20 for the next line and another $20 for the line after that. But you are still paying a lot for T-Mobile service. I don't know if they do company discounts either. With their new plans, I would be paying around $340 per month for 4 phone lines and a tablet. I pay $360 to AT&T now for 10GB of data instead of unlimited. We have never gone over our cap so obviously we don't need unlimited. And I get a better network and a bigger phone selection.

Sent from my iPhone 5S. The "S" is for sexy.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73