Switching Back to AT&T

Caballera

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
So in mid October I switched from AT&T to T-Mobile. However I'm unhappy with the coverage of T-Mobile at my house as I get no service so I can't receive calls or text while at home. Since I work at home 70% of the time it's not acceptable. With AT&T I always had service, so I'll be switching back. When I switched to T-Mobile the wife and i got two iPhone 5S and were on the Jump program, so since I'm going back to AT&T I've paid off the EIP and my last bill, just need to unlock the SIM on the phones. I was thinking of going the no Contract route for AT&T since I'll be bring my phones with me, and will wait to get on a contract next year when the iPhone 6 is released. So I was wondering the following:

Can I go with the AT&T GoPhone service with the iPhone 5S (GoPhone SIM Card accessories from AT&T). And can I port a number to the GoPhone service. Curious if anyone knows for sure. Thank you.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
When I worked for AT&T business a few years back, you were not able to port numbers to a pre-paid plan but things may have changed. Bringing ur phones with you will keep you off contract. Just pick a plan for u and your wife and enjoy

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes, you can port a number in from at-Mobile to AT&T GoPhone prepaid service. I've done it twice in the last 6 months. You will need to provide your T-Mobile account number. The port could take up to 24 hours to complete but both of mine were done within about 2 hours. Also, yes you can use any iPhone on AT&T prepaid. My son and daughter each have their iPhone 4 and 4S one of AT&T's PP plans working great.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
When I worked for AT&T business a few years back, you were not able to port numbers to a pre-paid plan but things may have changed. Bringing ur phones with you will keep you off contract. Just pick a plan for u and your wife and enjoy

Yes, this has changed. You can port a number into AT&T's prepaid service.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Thank you all for the information. I saw today that AT&T is coming out with new plans on Sunday. AT&T's lower off-contract pricing and revamped Mobile Share plans launch next week
I'll have to check those out.

So far I've paid off the EIPs for both iPhones and requested to have the SIM unlock on both phones. Seems it can 24 - 48 hours. Hopefully that goes through smoothly.

I've had my unlock requests fulfilled by AT&T in the past and the 24 to 48 hour time frame sounds about right. I don't think you'll have any issues.

Sent from my iPad Air.

Mifzal Mufthi

Banned
Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
So in mid October I switched from AT&T to T-Mobile. However I'm unhappy with the coverage of T-Mobile at my house as I get no service so I can't receive calls or text while at home. Since I work at home 70% of the time it's not acceptable. With AT&T I always had service, so I'll be switching back. When I switched to T-Mobile the wife and i got two iPhone 5S and were on the Jump program, so since I'm going back to AT&T I've paid off the EIP and my last bill, just need to unlock the SIM on the phones. I was thinking of going the no Contract route for AT&T since I'll be bring my phones with me, and will wait to get on a contract next year when the iPhone 6 is released. So I was wondering the following:

Can I go with the AT&T GoPhone service with the iPhone 5S (GoPhone SIM Card accessories from AT&T). And can I port a number to the GoPhone service. Curious if anyone knows for sure. Thank you.

If you have poor signal, you can try a signal booster. It really works. If you are interested, let me know so that I can give you more informaiton

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2