can apple switch sims so I can have my i5 with AT&T instead of Sprint

Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I was with sprint for 9 years I had problems with my service and they wouldn't let me cancel my contract I canceled service and now I have AT&T Problem; I have a I5 with sprint and now I have a i4 with AT&T can apple switch sims so I can have my i5 with AT&T ?

vintagetonez

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I was with sprint for 9 years I had problems with my service and they wouldn't let me cancel my contract I canceled service and now I have AT&T Problem; I have a I5 with sprint and now I have a i4 with AT&T can apple switch sims so I can have my i5 with AT&T ?

No, sprint and AT&T are not compatible. You will have to sell your sprint phone to buy an AT&T version.

bxnextel86

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: I need to know

Wow I just got the 5 too . Apple wouldn't let me trade in the sprint 5 for a AT&T 5 ?

No. But if u didn't cancel with sprint. First get ur iphone unlocked. Bc u can use a sprint iPhone with AT&T. But u willnt get lte from AT&T. Why u left sprint. I pay for my first line 95 the second 15 and third 15. Plus the 10 each. So like 180 for three lines.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I need to know

Sprint is high and I don't have service everywhere and lte and they wouldn't let me cancel stating they have service in my area and they don't so I didn't pay my bill AT&T has coverage on my area and lte and I'm paying 59 a month so that's right up my alley

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site

You can try trading it on craigslist for someone who needs a sprint iPhone and has a AT&T one

bxnextel86

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site

Sprint is high and I don't have service everywhere and lte and they would let me cancel stating they have service in my area and they don't so I didn't pay my bill AT&T has coverage on my area and lte and I'm paying 59 a month so that's right up my alley

Then the only way is to go on Craigslist and look for people who unlock phone. U can use a sprint iPhone with AT&T but u cannot use there lte. But I think u can use there 3,5g

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

You're not going to be able to use your iPhone 5 on the AT&T network.

From what I understand, the "unlock" you will find for Sprint is to allow use on international networks, and even with an unlock, you will not be able to use your Sprint based iPhone 5 on the AT&T network (for anything, not just LTE).

Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

You're not going to be able to use your iPhone 5 on the AT&T network.

From what I understand, the "unlock" you will find for Sprint is to allow use on international networks, and even with an unlock, you will not be able to use your Sprint based iPhone 5 on the AT&T network (for anything, not just LTE).

So I have a good iPod touch 😩
What if I trade it in at AT&T would I get a AT&T iPhone 5 and pay the difference ?

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site

Best bet is to do like its already been suggested and unlock the phone, sell it online and use that $$ towards ur new i5.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

So I have a good iPod touch 
What if I trade it in at AT&T would I get a AT&T iPhone 5 and pay the difference ?

I don’t believe that AT&T does any trade ins... and most certainly not for non-AT&T equipment. Unlock it, sell it and use the cash towards an AT&T iPhone.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Sell the Sprint iPhone, buy the AT&T iPhone...it's pretty simple really. You won't get ANY value out of trading it in, regardless of where you do it.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site

Do u plan to cancel ur service altogether and not pay your bill? If so, swap the phone out now with another sprint phone u have and then sell it. ESN won't be affected then

bxnextel86

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site

Just get the iPhone unlocked. It going to work. Don't listen to them. It doesn't matter if ur iPhone has a bad esn. Bc AT&T will use SIM card not esn number. Just google it.

http://www.iphonefaq.org/archives/972190

It has been tested with a Verizon iPhone 5 on AT&T and it work. So a sprint iPhone will work on AT&T. Just get it unlocked

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2