Just get the iPhone unlocked. It going to work. Don't listen to them. It doesn't matter if ur iPhone has a bad esn. Bc AT&T will use SIM card not esn number. Just google it.

Can I use the Sprint / Verizon iPhone 5 (A1429) on AT&T's GSM network? | The iPhone FAQ

It has been tested with a Verizon iPhone 5 on AT&T and it work. So a sprint iPhone will work on AT&T. Just get it unlocked

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    Hey look! Conflicting information on that same website! Can I use the Sprint / Verizon iPhone 5 (A1429) on AT&T's LTE network? | The iPhone FAQ

But let's play devil's advocate here...what if you can get it to work with 3G...you're seriously going to use an iPhone 5 without LTE? That'd be like buying a Ferrari to plow snow.

But hey, what do I know..."ur" the genius here right? lol..."It going to work."
    08-22-2013 11:19 PM
    Hey look! Conflicting information on that same website! Can I use the Sprint / Verizon iPhone 5 (A1429) on AT&T's LTE network? | The iPhone FAQ

But let's play devil's advocate here...what if you can get it to work with 3G...you're seriously going to use an iPhone 5 without LTE? That'd be like buying a Ferrari to plow snow.

He didn't ask about about lte. He just asked if he can use a sprint iPhone on AT&T. And some people don't use lte or don't even have it yet. I got my sprint iPhone 5 in oct. and didn't have lte till march. So u telling me that I should have waited march bc like u said you're seriously going to use an iPhone 5 without LTE?

Last edited by Alli; 08-23-2013 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Removed abusive vulgarities
    08-23-2013 01:11 AM

And I told him it will not work with AT&T lte but still work AT&T 3G

08-23-2013 01:14 AM
    Glad I saw this. I was under the assumption that it would work the same unlocked as a Verizon
    iPhone 5 would (A1429)
    Sprint and Verizon are compatible because both use CDMA
    08-23-2013 01:26 AM
    Well I haven't payed the bill would that equal a bad esn
    Here's a crazy idea-- why don't you pay Sprint the money you owe them and then the ESN will be free and clear to sell the phone.
    Good OL MC likes this.
    08-23-2013 09:10 AM
    Here's a crazy idea-- why don't you pay Sprint the money you owe them and then the ESN will be free and clear to sell the phone.
    They are going to want the full amount and the termination fee too much money
    08-23-2013 10:10 AM
    They are going to want the full amount and the termination fee too much money
    Just go to the apple store and get a warranty swap. Say the home button keep on messing up. They will give u Another iPhone 5 with a new esn number. Then sell it.

08-23-2013 10:30 AM
    Just go to the apple store and get a warranty swap. Say the home button keep on messing up. They will give u Another iPhone 5 with a new esn number. Then sell it.

Great !! What's a good price to sell it for
    08-23-2013 10:33 AM
    Not going to happen. The ESN is associated a users account. Therefore if there is money owed on the account Sprint won't activate the replacement iPhone for the buyer until the account that it was on has been paid off.... If it were that simple, everyone would be doing this....
    08-23-2013 10:39 AM
    Not going to happen. The ESN is associated a users account. Therefore if there is money owed on the account Sprint won't activate the replacement iPhone for the buyer until the account that it was on has been paid off.... If it were that simple, everyone would be doing this....
    Wrong!!!!!!! When u get the swap u don't have to Activate the phone on the spot. And the only thing associated with account is the SIM card.
    http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/ip...problem-55975/

http://m.imore.com/thieves-apple-sto...stolen-iphones

08-23-2013 11:34 AM
    U should stop giving wrong information and next time google it. And for your information. My friend bought a iPhone 4S and he didn't know it was a bad esn bc of money owe to sprint. We took it to a apple store and the home button was not working. They swap it and I add it to my account.

08-23-2013 11:36 AM
    U should stop giving wrong information and next time google it. And for your information. My friend bought a iPhone 4S and he didn't know it was a bad esn bc of money owe to sprint. We took it to a apple store and the home button was not working. They swap it and I add it to my account.

I think most people still are thinking about the older 3G phones. Those phones esn could be locked to prevent activation on other accounts. With the LTE phones, the phone is linked by the lte SIM card. That's how it registers. However, that is for data. The voice still is the same and has an esn, so a carrier can still lock that esn.
    08-23-2013 01:35 PM
    You gamed the system Bully for you... I gather the OP's phone is in fine working order other than owing money to Sprint... so you're advocating misrepresenting that to Apple in order to obtain a device with a "clean" ESN... that's just wrong.
    Eileen89 and c_elliott83 like this.
    08-23-2013 01:52 PM
    You can try trading it on craigslist for someone who needs a sprint iPhone and has a AT&T one
    I agree, it's best if you sell it but make sure to unlock it first
    08-23-2013 02:13 PM
    Try it. My iPhone 5 verizon model A1429 works with AT&T just will not pull AT&T LTE.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    bxnextel86 and beeray like this.
    08-23-2013 02:38 PM
    You gamed the system Bully for you... I gather the OP's phone is in fine working order other than owing money to Sprint... so you're advocating misrepresenting that to Apple in order to obtain a device with a "clean" ESN... that's just wrong.
    Does it whatever. I am just speaking the truth. It shady. But if u want to clean your esn then that the only way.

08-23-2013 03:42 PM
    So I'm stuck with it ?
    If you haven't fullfilled your contract and did not pay your bill, you deserve to be stuck with it. No offense.
    kch50428 and Eileen89 like this.
    08-23-2013 03:58 PM
    Does it whatever. I am just speaking the truth. It shady. But if u want to clean your esn then that the only way.
    No, it's not the only way to a clean ESN... pay the bill.... the ESN would be clean for an honest resale. Sorry to go all Captain Obvious on you...
    08-23-2013 03:59 PM
    And exactly how do you think your going to get away without paying Sprint their money owed? They will send it to collections and eventually you will have to pay. You just can't ignore it and hope it goes away.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.
    08-23-2013 07:05 PM
    And exactly how do you think your going to get away without paying Sprint their money owed? They will send it to collections and eventually you will have to pay. You just can't ignore it and hope it goes away.

To be fair, collections doesn't really stop anyone from avoiding debt, lol
    08-23-2013 07:07 PM

That is true. It will never go away. It will only hurt u in the long run. My mom did a name change when she had Nextel to my name. So then a couple of years go by and this is no lie. She apply for a home loan to buy a coop and chase Didn't approve her loan because she had a outstanding balance of like 5 dollars to Nextel. Wow 5 dollars

08-23-2013 07:26 PM
    That is true. It will never go away. It will only hurt u in the long run. My mom did a name change when she had Nextel to my name. So then a couple of years go by and this is no lie. She apply for a home loan to buy a coop and chase Didn't approve her loan because she had a outstanding balance of like 5 dollars to Nextel. Wow 5 dollars

WTF !?!?!?!?!?!
    08-24-2013 07:55 PM
    Wow a lot of conflicting info in this thread. Last time I checked, which was last Friday, They activate the phone before you leave the store. At least thats what they did to me. The only way that you can get by with not activating it is, send it off and when they return it just don't activate it. Throw a dummy phone on the account. Or even though you owe a bill, you can still get a cheapo dummy phone, call in and throw it on the account to release the ip5, and there you go. I buy and sell phones and I keep dummies around for this reason. If the original account holder has a bill owed, Ill let them call in and do that so it releases the phone I'm buying. This would be a good logical way to get around your situation, besides paying the bill.

As for will the Sprint ip5 work on At&t? What I've gathered is if you want it fully unlocked (worldwide) you have to jailbreak also. Otherwise it will only unlock for international use. If you had verizon it would be a different story. They are globally unlocked. You can put a att sim in a vzw ip5 and give it a few and it will pick up att.
    09-11-2013 07:56 AM

Commit fraud. Got it.
    09-12-2013 12:22 PM

It's called taking responsibility for your own actions, something most people tend to avoid like the plague these days.

I had an ETF when I dumped Sprint even though it was their fault. I value my credit score and paid them off over the course of a few months.
    09-12-2013 12:23 PM
50 12