"Today, were announcing a 24-month upgrade policy across all of AT&Ts wireless products and services. This aligns device upgrade eligibility with our standard two-year wireless agreement and it applies to any customer whose agreement expires in March 2014 or later."
    06-09-2013 10:20 PM
    following in Verizon's footsteps... quelle surprise
    06-09-2013 10:33 PM
    "Today, we’re announcing a 24-month upgrade policy across all of AT&T’s wireless products and services. This aligns device upgrade eligibility with our standard two-year wireless agreement and it applies to any customer whose agreement expires in March 2014 or later."
    Meh. Nothing these money grubbing companies do any more surprises me...
    06-10-2013 01:29 AM
    ** Note to AT&T iPhone users** This new change does not affect iPhone users who are eligible for early iPhone upgrades. As far as I know, AT&T is the only wireless carrier that offers discounted iPhone upgrades at a reduced discount .... I Just logged into my AT&T OLAM and while my phone upgrade date was moved back, my early iPhone upgrade date has not changed. The early iPhone upgrade date takes $250 off of the full retail price of any iPhone.

This is what my OLAM shows as far as my iPhone upgrade date:

As a valued AT&T customer, you're eligible for a discounted iPhone upgrade at a reduced discount, along with a 2-year service commitment.
    06-10-2013 09:08 AM
    And... This won't change after that upgrade?
    06-10-2013 09:11 AM
    following in Verizon's footsteps... quelle surprise
    Not quite. See my post above, as AT&T still offers discounted prices off of the full retail price for iPhone users. This discount will allow me to sell my current iPhone and purchase the new iPhone with no out of pocket cost.
    06-10-2013 09:13 AM
    I will call AT&T today to find out for sure, John. But as I posted above, AT&T did move my regular phone upgrade status back by 4 months. If they were going to change it, I would imagine they would have removed my early iPhone upgrade at this time as well. I'll update this when I've had a chance to contact my Hospitals AT&T premier Rep.
    06-10-2013 09:18 AM
    I'm not surprised by this at all but I do think it sucks that they don't wait until after your next upgrade to make the change. If you were anticipating having an upgrade on a certain date it has now suddenly changed.
    06-11-2013 07:26 AM
    I'm not surprised by this at all but I do think it sucks that they don't wait until after your next upgrade to make the change. If you were anticipating having an upgrade on a certain date it has now suddenly changed.
    According the the press that I’ve read, AT THIS POINT, the change only affects upgrades due AFTER March 1, 2014... if your upgrade date is before that date, it won’t change for your next upgrade.
    06-11-2013 10:15 AM
    I agree they should have waited, but at least they didn't take away my early upgrade discount too.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk 2
    06-11-2013 09:46 PM
    After speaking with my premier rep. I found out that the regular phone upgrades are "full subsidy" upgrades and are not tied to the iPhone "partial" subsidy discounts that iPhone users receive, which is why AT&T didn't remove it from my account when they pushed my "Full" upgrade date back. He also said that if I upgrade to the next iPhone, I could still be eligible to receive another partial upgrade 6 months from then, which is when I got the one that I have on my account now.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk 2
    06-11-2013 09:54 PM