AT&T early up grade worth it?

Par_T

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
I have been thinking of upgrading to iPhone (from another os) for the past 2 months. Currently I'm eligible for an early upgrade for iPhone. Is it worth the extra $250 + $36 activation fee? I am up for full upgrade in July, but it's been hard to wait!

I was going to wait for iPhone 5s release, but now I'm reading that may be delayed until Sept. and I don't think I can wait that long.

Has anyone done the early upgrade on iPhone?

Thanks for your input.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I have been thinking of upgrading to iPhone (from another os) for the past 2 months. Currently I'm eligible for an early upgrade for iPhone. Is it worth the extra $250 + $36 activation fee? I am up for full upgrade in July, but it's been hard to wait!

I was going to wait for iPhone 5s release, but now I'm reading that may be delayed until Sept. and I don't think I can wait that long.

Thanks for your input.

I suppose it's up to you and your budget. If you have the money and don't want to wait, then I would do it--the iPhone 5 is a great device.

But, when the next one comes out this year, will you regret it and wish you had gotten the newest and latest? If so, then I would buckle down and wait. It would be cheaper, and you may even feel better about it.

Plus you could possibly trade in your old phone and save some either way.

Par_T

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
I am thinking of getting iPhone 5 with early upgrade. Tired of waiting. Wanting the camera and already missed several photo ops with my kids :(

My early upgrade is with AT&T, but want to keep my current plan and just extend it. Is it easier to do at AT&T store or would it be possible for Apple Store to do it without screwing up my plan (I'm on a family plan that is no longer available).

thanks for your advice.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
go ahead and upgrade but you'll probably regret it (if you're counting on the upgrade price)

i am in the same boat as you but i choose to wait

Par_T

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
go ahead and upgrade but you'll probably regret it (if you're counting on the upgrade price)

i am in the same boat as you but i choose to wait

Thanks for the info. I was aware of extra upgrade fees. Actually, was considering the other option: buy at full price and not extend my contract. :)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Thanks for your input.

If you can afford it, go for it. But in my opinion, it’s the worst time to do this... you pay all the extra fees and will soon have the SECOND newest iPhone, with the release of the 5S later this summer...

Par_T

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I think I will wait for my full upgrade. I will probably get iPhone 5 when I'm due for upgrade. I don't usually buy right at launch (usually wait until 2-3 months after), and don't want to wait for next launch to buy.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I say if you have an upgrade in July you should just wait.. For me I was using a 4 before and I did do an early upgrade and got myself a 5 now and loving it.. Think I am going I be sticking to this phone for a while or till I see what the 6 is going to be like but if you can't wait then I say go for it if you think it's worth it

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
To me an early upgrade is only worth it if the iPhone that you're getting has the features that best meet your needs. Only you can decide if spending the extra money is worth it or not.

Sent from my LTE iPad Mini using Tapatalk HD.

Par_T

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks everyone.

I had been talking with a rep at AT&T and she told me even though it says June 27 is my upgrade date, that upgrades are usually available the 1st of the month in which the upgrade is available. She was right! I had planned to wait until June 27, but on June 1, when I checked my upgrade status, it was for full upgrade discount.

So, I'm planning to go in this weekend and pick up my new iPhone 5 :) I know iPhone 5s is just around the corner, but I think the 5 has everything I really want from a phone right now.