I requested an unlock for my old, out of contract iPhone 4 back in February, and it was approved. However, I've tried multiple time to restore it and get the unlock, but it hasn't worked. I've followed the instructions everytime, but it hasn't worked. I'm at a loss.
    03-18-2013 02:34 PM
    I requested an unlock for my old, out of contract iPhone 4 back in February, and it was approved. However, I've tried multiple time to restore it and get the unlock, but it hasn't worked. I've followed the instructions everytime, but it hasn't worked. I'm at a loss.
    How do you know it isn't working? I ask bc it doesn't always give you a successful screen in iTunes. You need to use another SIM to verify.
    04-02-2013 11:50 AM
    How do you know it isn't working? I ask bc it doesn't always give you a successful screen in iTunes. You need to use another SIM to verify.
    Ah! I was unaware of that! I was under the assumption that the "successful unlock" screen in iTunes was the indicator, and that if I didn't see it, it wasn't unlocked.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    04-02-2013 12:38 PM
    Ah! I was unaware of that! I was under the assumption that the "successful unlock" screen in iTunes was the indicator, and that if I didn't see it, it wasn't unlocked.

Yeah, I have unlocked like 3 or 4 and only gotten the successful screen once I think. But if you follow the instructions and then try another carrier's SIM you should be fine. I know I had that problem with my 4S, I am pretty sure I did see the unlocked screen for my 5 though. You should be able to get a free tmobile SIM to test....
    04-02-2013 02:21 PM
    Yeah, I have unlocked like 3 or 4 and only gotten the successful screen once I think. But if you follow the instructions and then try another carrier's SIM you should be fine. I know I had that problem with my 4S, I am pretty sure I did see the unlocked screen for my 5 though. You should be able to get a free tmobile SIM to test....
    Thank you for the help!

04-03-2013 12:50 AM