At&t not throttling me ??

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm still on the old " unlimited" granfathered plan and I just reached 5gb, haven't received any text and my LTE speeds are the same. I'm on 5.5gb now this month. ( not that I'm complaining =).
Anyone getting throttle text messages after 5gb??

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Usually AT&T won't say anything if u go over 5gb once. Make it a monthly occurrence and they'll definitely let u know.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Usually AT&T won't say anything if u go over 5gb once. Make it a monthly occurrence and they'll definitely let u know.

That was the case before when the "limit" was 3gb, but I understand now they were doing it every single time you went over 5gb.. no more breaks

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Spoke too soon, got throttled at about 5.7 gb, no warning, good thing the phone doesn't really feel that slow, I'm getting 0.5 Mbps which is not that bad for what I do.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Spoke too soon, got throttled at about 5.7 gb, no warning, good thing the phone doesn't really feel that slow, I'm getting 0.5 Mbps which is not that bad for what I do.

Hey that's Sprints unlimited 3G speeds!!!! Lulz

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site

Two questions,
1)are you on a LTE plan
2)if yes then are you in an actual LTE area, as in you are being throttled while showing LTE

I ask bc last time I was throttled it was on 3G with the iPhone 4S and my speeds were 100kbps at best which is almost unusable. If they throttle to 500 Kbps I can live with that.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Two questions,
1)are you on a LTE plan
2)if yes then are you in an actual LTE area, as in you are being throttled while showing LTE

I ask bc last time I was throttled it was on 3G with the iPhone 4S and my speeds were 100kbps at best which is almost unusable. If they throttle to 500 Kbps I can live with that.

Yes to both, I'm on a LTE plan and the phone shows i'm on LTE when getting 0.5Mbps, I've been able to watch youtube videos at lower resolution, listen to Pandora and use Google maps without any issues with that speed...

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods