LTE is in the house!!!

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Woke up this morning to find the LTE symbol on my iPhone 5. So glad I decided to keep AT&T as my wireless carrier now that I'm getting speeds like this inside my house. Verizon is still only 1X in my house....

tadagava.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for rubbing it in!!!! I had it the last time I was in Washington DC a few weeks ago and it was magnificent. But poor old me with only HSPA in Virginia Beach.
Congrats!

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I know how you feel, Gvndeb, and hopefully you'll get LTE in your area soon. LTE was just 2 miles from my house for the longest time and I didn't think it would ever come. It seems like AT&T is rolling out their LTE network at a much faster pace now.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Not bad at all. I have yet to crack 20 Mbps on Verizon's LTE here in Houston. I am guessing now that a lot of iPhone users are hitting their LTE network, less chance of higher speeds. I think the most I have gotten is 19.

aggieastrosfan

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Not bad at all. I have yet to crack 20 Mbps on Verizon's LTE here in Houston. I am guessing now that a lot of iPhone users are hitting their LTE network, less chance of higher speeds. I think the most I have gotten is 19.

You're doing better than me. I've gotten better speeds in College Station (routinely get 15-17 up there) than in Houston. Never gotten over 11 anywhere in the Houston area. But I'll take 11 on my unlimited plan on my iPad over 20 on a limited phone plan any day, so not complaining too much!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure when AT&T LTE went live in Latrobe PA. But LTE on AT&T's network is there now and their speeds were pretty good since the last trip when all I got was HSPA+ speeds.
aqa2egur.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I have to travel 30 miles to get sprint LTE can't wait till I wake up to LTE it will feel like x-mass Morning

Sent from my iPhone 5

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
We got LTE a month or two ago. Was really looking forward to it and excited at first, then realized... I'm almost always on wifi or doing things that don't require a super fast connection. It hasn't changed my life like I thought it would. :p

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
We got LTE a month or two ago. Was really looking forward to it and excited at first, then realized... I'm almost always on wifi or doing things that don't require a super fast connection. It hasn't changed my life like I thought it would. :p

True, not a life changer, but it does make it easier to get stuff done when AT&T's LTE speeds are faster than my WiFi connection. :)

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Well LTE was turned on where I live and my service now sucks. I had a great signal on 4G but now on LTE I barely have and bars and my phone regularly drops to Edge! I could just as we'll be on Sprint or T-Mo and save myself some money.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Well LTE was turned on where I live and my service now sucks. I had a great signal on 4G but now on LTE I barely have and bars and my phone regularly drops to Edge! I could just as we'll be on Sprint or T-Mo and save myself some money.

It sounds to me like the tower that your device is picking up on is not working properly. You should report this to AT&T's technical support dept so they can trouble shoot this issue. I had to do this before and it did work. The following week after I reported having an issue with one of their towers my LTE speeds were blazing fast again.

Grabber5.0

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I have to travel 30 miles to get sprint LTE can't wait till I wake up to LTE it will feel like x-mass Morning

Sent from my iPhone 5

Curious what city you live in. It is not as fast as these numbers most of the time, but it is a huge jump from EVDO.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
One thing I admire about AT&T and Verizon is that their LTE is always booming! Maybe if T-Mobile would strengthen their towers signals I would save battery. Lol

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I just started getting Sprint LTE in the house last night. The speed seems very good. Turned off wifi no problems in downloading apps or surfing the net.
They threw some kind of switch last night normally LTE wouldn't kick in until I was 6 blocks away from home.

#Naked Tuesday

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73