So att announced today that with the new upgraded features in IOS6 is facetime over 3G.

Now in order to do that you need to change to their everything shared data plans.

Crazy what they make us do to get the latest and greatest. Here's the article.

http://m.intomobile.com/2012/08/17/a...nnel%3Dbrowser

Sent from my Bold using Tapatalk
    08-17-2012 08:18 PM
    AT&T limits Apple FaceTime in iOS 6
    Boy Genius calls it a "**** move"
    08-17-2012 09:32 PM
    It was reported a while back that AT&T was going to do something like that. To be honest, it doesn't seem like such a big deal to me. Moving to the everything shared plan has been great for me at Verizon. Now I don't have to pay extra for using the hotspot feature.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    08-17-2012 09:36 PM
    yeah its a good thing for some people but with my 3 smartphones I'd pay more for less data.

glad it is good for you but i think if you pay for data then you dont pay per device. its like double dipping imo
    08-17-2012 11:17 PM
    yeah its a good thing for some people but with my 3 smartphones I'd pay more for less data.

glad it is good for you but i think if you pay for data then you dont pay per device. its like double dipping imo
    But you also have to take in account that you have unlimited calls and messages. So the way that I look at it, you have replaced the $39.99 base price for 450 voice minutes with the phone cost, but now you get unlimited calls and text messages added. As for data. I can now pay $70 for data on three devices when in the past, it would cost me $30 per device. Plus, hotspot was extra, now that is included. This is assuming that the shared family plan for AT&T is the same as Verizon.

08-18-2012 10:03 AM
    i believe it is the same as verizon. i already have unlimited texts so thats not a biggie and who still makes phone calls, haha

either way im glad it will work out for you but after looking into it i dont think it will benefit me. the tethering i have a china telcom os on my blackberry 9900 so i can tether now thanks to it being on os 7.1.

not an iphone user so i have a blackberry 9900 and a playbook. with the bridge feature you really dont need tethering to surf the web on the playbook. if i were to get an ipad then id have to turn on my hotspot in the options.
    08-18-2012 12:00 PM
    Yes I'm officially done with AT&T. I get out of the Army in two weeks and I wasn't going to use my orders to cancel my plan with At&t but now I am FOR SURE. They are robbing customers blind it's ridiculous. They make you pay for every little thing.
    08-22-2012 01:35 PM
    Yes I'm officially done with AT&T. I get out of the Army in two weeks and I wasn't going to use my orders to cancel my plan with At&t but now I am FOR SURE. They are robbing customers blind it's ridiculous. They make you pay for every little thing.
    Where are you going to go? Seems like all the carriers nickel and dime you.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    BLiNK likes this.
    08-22-2012 01:39 PM
    so very true. i have had 3 friends now ditch AT&T and go to VZW out of spite and ended up paying more for less..

i guess they really showed them
    trtmazda3 likes this.
    08-22-2012 01:45 PM

It would cost me a extra $80 a month to switch to shared data with the same data I have now. Would be a stupid move for me.
    08-22-2012 03:35 PM
    The grass isn't any greener anywhere else. Vzn is more expensive at what I looked at and Sprints data is almost useless.
    08-22-2012 03:37 PM
    I'll take almost useless and unlimited with LTE on the horizon then AT&T BS any day of my life.
    08-22-2012 03:38 PM

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    Sprint hands down LTE around the corner and they are remaining unlimited for the new iPhone it's an easy choice for me.
    08-22-2012 03:40 PM
    Sprint hands down LTE around the corner and they are remaining unlimited for the new iPhone it's an easy choice for me.
    If Sprint's LTE service is as spotty and crappy as their CDMA 3G service is, good luck with that.
    kch50428, Garz and Fausty82 like this.
    08-22-2012 04:20 PM
    If Sprint's LTE service is as spotty and crappy as their CDMA 3G service is, good luck with that.
    That's the thing sprint isn't spotty in the Washington DC area I live in as well as the Fayetteville nc area I live in. So I don't need luck. All it takes is a little research. Now where you live maybe they are, but I'm not you.
    08-22-2012 04:44 PM
    I am considering jumping ship to Verizon after 5 years with good ol' American Telephone and Telegraph. Not because I am unhappy with their policies and service level, but more because my company pays for verizon phone service. With their LTE available where I live and travel to, I can use simultaneous voice and data. However with AT&T I am able to get a new iPhone each year, every year........and I don't want to lose that. Hmmm......
    08-22-2012 05:44 PM
    Thanks for your service...
    08-22-2012 06:11 PM
    Thanks for your service...
    Thank you Scott. And I appreciate your support for our military. It means a lot.
    08-22-2012 06:38 PM
    That's the thing sprint isn't spotty in the Washington DC area I live in as well as the Fayetteville nc area I live in. So I don't need luck. All it takes is a little research. Now where you live maybe they are, but I'm not you.
    I may live in the Corn Patch on Hee Haw, but I work in Memphis and I dropped calls with Sprint every time I tried to use my phone. I couldn't even get 1x service inside my office.

Lots of people aren't happy with Sprint's spotty coverage. Their plans are super cheap, but you get what you pay for.
    Eileen89 and Fausty82 like this.
    08-23-2012 09:22 AM
    However with AT&T I am able to get a new iPhone each year, every year........and I don't want to lose that. Hmmm......
    You should be able to get a new iPhone with Verizon every year as will if you want to.
    08-23-2012 09:59 AM
    AT&T always like to limit their pipes. Sometimes I miss the days of Cingular.
    08-23-2012 10:10 AM
    But you also have to take in account that you have unlimited calls and messages. So the way that I look at it, you have replaced the $39.99 base price for 450 voice minutes with the phone cost, but now you get unlimited calls and text messages added. As for data. I can now pay $70 for data on three devices when in the past, it would cost me $30 per device. Plus, hotspot was extra, now that is included. This is assuming that the shared family plan for AT&T is the same as Verizon.

I already have unlimited texting on my family plan... and virtually unlimited talk minutes - 1600/month plus unlimited mobile-to-any-mobile numbers, A-List of 10 frequently called numbers and over 12,000 rollover minutes. (Reducing my plan minutes would cost me most of my rollover bank as well as losing the A-List feature)...

What gets me with the family data plan is that you have to pay for the data package AS WELL AS a per-device fee monthly... bump the plan charge a few bucks and drop the per-device charge (a la family text plan) and I'll consider family shared data... but even with 5 smartphones, I'd be paying more each month for less data (3 of 5 are unlimited data)...

Otherwise, no thanks. I can live without FaceTime over 3G... (or jailbreak and use one of the 3G apps).
    08-23-2012 10:11 AM
    I may live in the Corn Patch on Hee Haw, but I work in Memphis and I dropped calls with Sprint every time I tried to use my phone. I couldn't even get 1x service inside my office.

Lots of people aren't happy with Sprint's spotty coverage. Their plans are super cheap, but you get what you pay for.
    Seems like a fault of yours. Carriers give out charts of there service areas. I personally have always asked for one when switching carriers. I know my daily commutes and spots I frequent. That is a problem you could have solved before even purchasing Sprint service. Also when in known bad coverage areas Sprint along with AT&T (not sure about Verizon) give you microcells which boost service in your home or office for free. Research can solve a lot of problems you're complaining about.
    "Those who fail to plan plan to fail"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    08-23-2012 10:22 AM
    AT&T always like to limit their pipes. Sometimes I miss the days of Cingular.
    AT&T IS Cingular... it's their management and their network... Cingular bought the old AT&T and rolled them into Cingular and then renamed the company back to AT&T. This IS the company that was "Cingular".
    08-23-2012 10:24 AM
    You should be able to get a new iPhone with Verizon every year as will if you want to.
    Technically if you pay outright, you can get a new phone every week with Verizon.

Seems like a fault of yours. Carriers give out charts of there service areas. I personally have always asked for one when switching carriers. I know my daily commutes and spots I frequent. That is a problem you could have solved before even purchasing Sprint service. Also when in known bad coverage areas Sprint along with AT&T (not sure about Verizon) give you microcells which boost service in your home or office for free. Research can solve a lot of problems you're complaining about.
    "Those who fail to plan plan to fail"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    All the research in the world doesn't help if what you're looking at is dead wrong.

If you'll look at the Sprint coverage area for Memphis and the surrounding areas, you'll see that everything is allegedly covered. There are no dead spots on the map.

It was still showing in the coverage area where I bought my house. Ha. Yeah right. Over half of the phone calls I ever got went straight to voicemail. If I was doing anything on my phone - YouTube, Internet, Emails - it went to voice mail. People just quit calling me and texted me instead asking me to call them because my service was so poor that I'd say 1 out of every 6 phone calls would actually go through.

It's not a plan to fail thing, it's a you get what you pay for with their cheap service. Yeah Verizon costs more but I've yet to find a dead spot - even in the Corn Patch which is about as remote as you can get. My closest neighbor is over half a mile away. And even better - if I'm streaming something on my phone like when I'm in the barn mucking stalls and I bring my iHome out, calls come through. Never did on Sprint.

As for the microcells, I'm sure they work, but you need to route them through your Internet which I don't have at home. I cant justify forking over $80 a month to Time Warner for Internet only which is what they were charging me every month until I told them to shove their modem up their a**.

And to keep this on track since it is the AT&T forum, the ex has AT&T and gets okay service at my house.
    Last edited by NobodyListenstoLaura; 08-23-2012 at 11:51 AM. Reason: bad grammar
    Fausty82 likes this.
    08-23-2012 11:47 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD