Att only allowing facetime over 3/4G on shared everything plans only

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
But you also have to take in account that you have unlimited calls and messages. So the way that I look at it, you have replaced the $39.99 base price for 450 voice minutes with the phone cost, but now you get unlimited calls and text messages added. As for data. I can now pay $70 for data on three devices when in the past, it would cost me $30 per device. Plus, hotspot was extra, now that is included. This is assuming that the shared family plan for AT&T is the same as Verizon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I already have unlimited texting on my family plan... and virtually unlimited talk minutes - 1600/month plus unlimited mobile-to-any-mobile numbers, A-List of 10 frequently called numbers and over 12,000 rollover minutes. (Reducing my plan minutes would cost me most of my rollover bank as well as losing the A-List feature)...

What gets me with the family data plan is that you have to pay for the data package AS WELL AS a per-device fee monthly... bump the plan charge a few bucks and drop the per-device charge (a la family text plan) and I'll consider family shared data... but even with 5 smartphones, I'd be paying more each month for less data (3 of 5 are unlimited data)...

Otherwise, no thanks. I can live without FaceTime over 3G... (or jailbreak and use one of the 3G apps).

phonejunky

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
I may live in the Corn Patch on Hee Haw, but I work in Memphis and I dropped calls with Sprint every time I tried to use my phone. I couldn't even get 1x service inside my office.

Lots of people aren't happy with Sprint's spotty coverage. Their plans are super cheap, but you get what you pay for.

Seems like a fault of yours. Carriers give out charts of there service areas. I personally have always asked for one when switching carriers. I know my daily commutes and spots I frequent. That is a problem you could have solved before even purchasing Sprint service. Also when in known bad coverage areas Sprint along with AT&T (not sure about Verizon) give you microcells which boost service in your home or office for free. Research can solve a lot of problems you're complaining about.
"Those who fail to plan plan to fail"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
AT&T always like to limit their pipes. Sometimes I miss the days of Cingular.

AT&T IS Cingular... it's their management and their network... Cingular bought the old AT&T and rolled them into Cingular and then renamed the company back to AT&T. This IS the company that was "Cingular".

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
You should be able to get a new iPhone with Verizon every year as will if you want to.

Technically if you pay outright, you can get a new phone every week with Verizon.

Seems like a fault of yours. Carriers give out charts of there service areas. I personally have always asked for one when switching carriers. I know my daily commutes and spots I frequent. That is a problem you could have solved before even purchasing Sprint service. Also when in known bad coverage areas Sprint along with AT&T (not sure about Verizon) give you microcells which boost service in your home or office for free. Research can solve a lot of problems you're complaining about.
"Those who fail to plan plan to fail"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All the research in the world doesn't help if what you're looking at is dead wrong.

If you'll look at the Sprint coverage area for Memphis and the surrounding areas, you'll see that everything is allegedly covered. There are no dead spots on the map.

It was still showing in the coverage area where I bought my house. Ha. Yeah right. Over half of the phone calls I ever got went straight to voicemail. If I was doing anything on my phone - YouTube, Internet, Emails - it went to voice mail. People just quit calling me and texted me instead asking me to call them because my service was so poor that I'd say 1 out of every 6 phone calls would actually go through.

It's not a plan to fail thing, it's a you get what you pay for with their cheap service. Yeah Verizon costs more but I've yet to find a dead spot - even in the Corn Patch which is about as remote as you can get. My closest neighbor is over half a mile away. And even better - if I'm streaming something on my phone like when I'm in the barn mucking stalls and I bring my iHome out, calls come through. Never did on Sprint.

As for the microcells, I'm sure they work, but you need to route them through your Internet which I don't have at home. I cant justify forking over $80 a month to Time Warner for Internet only which is what they were charging me every month until I told them to shove their modem up their a**.

And to keep this on track since it is the AT&T forum, the ex has AT&T and gets okay service at my house. :)

Last edited:

ecr80

May 21, 2012
Visit site
AT&T IS Cingular... it's their management and their network... Cingular bought the old AT&T and rolled them into Cingular and then renamed the company back to AT&T. This IS the company that was "Cingular".

I should rephrase then, i meant that "i miss the days when the company was named Cingular"

nite732

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Well I switched to the share data plan. I have five iPhones and 3 iPads so it saves me money. Plus 3 of my phones are used for work so we talk to a lot of landline phones so the unlimited calls is a plus and two teenagers with texting. I like the share data at only 10 dollars for iPads that saves me 60 bucks alone.

johndhynes

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I already use FaceTime over cellular. I think they just don't want people complaining how much it sucks sometimes. I don't need shared data, I'm not giving up unlimited.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR