AT&T SECRETLY THROTTLING THEIR SMARTPHONE CUSTOMERS (VIDEO)

AT&T has made it no secret they are short on spectrum. In response to their spectrum shortage AT&T has made a number of changes. They’ve changed their data plan offerings and have even instituted the throttling of data speeds on unlimited customers once they hit a certain point of data usage. However, there is one change AT&T made that they didn’t tell you about. AT&T is now throttling all smartphone customer’s data speeds during phone calls. It doesn’t matter what rate plan you are on, when you are on a phone call, your data speeds will be throttled by the network. When on a call AT&T slows your data down to approximately 800k-1meg on the download, and a virtually unusable 20-24k on the upload.

LINK http://thesmartphonechamp.com/att-se...stomers-video/

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.
    Last edited by Irish Rose; 03-02-2012 at 08:23 AM.
    03-02-2012 08:15 AM
    ^ After my own in call testing and using data my upload speeds are definitely throttled.....

Speed test before call

Speed test during a call (notice slow upload speeds)

Reverse test done shows same slowed upload speeds

03-02-2012 08:38 AM
    Based upon those speeds, it doesn't look like you are suffering. Is it really a big deal that you can't open a webpage a handful of seconds faster? Are you really concerned that you can't download something less than a handful of seconds faster while you are on the call? If you don't like it, leave. Don't want to pay the ETF? Too bad. That's your problem.

There are people in some areas that don't even get those speeds while not on a call.
    03-02-2012 09:28 AM
    Based upon those speeds, it doesn't look like you are suffering. Is it really a big deal that you can't open a webpage a handful of seconds faster? Are you really concerned that you can't download something less than a handful of seconds faster while you are on the call? If you don't like it, leave. Don't want to pay the ETF? Too bad. That's your problem.

There are people in some areas that don't even get those speeds while not on a call.
    Look I don't know what bug you got up your *** this morning, but I DON'T recall my post stating that I was suffering as a result of this. I posted this to show that the story was correct. I'm sick and tired of posting a story related to AT&T and having butt kissers like yourself come in here saying "don't like it leave". Guess what? I am NOT under a contract so not worried about ETF.... In the future if you don't like a thread that I posted you can just leave....

03-02-2012 09:44 AM
    Look I don't know what bug you got up your *** this morning, but I DON'T recall my post stating that I was suffering as a result of this. I posted this to show that the story was correct. I'm sick and tired of posting a story related to AT&T and having butt kissers like yourself come in here saying "don't like it leave". Guess what? I am NOT under a contract so not worried about ETF.... In the future if you don't like a thread that I posted you can just leave....
    The guy probably works for ATT and just reflects their attitude which on throttling is pi$$ poor.
    musicfor18 and Eileen89 like this.
    03-02-2012 10:15 AM
    The guy probably works for ATT and just reflects their attitude which on throttling is pi$$ poor.
    Well said.

03-02-2012 10:21 AM
    I actually work for a homebuilder. Try again.
    03-02-2012 10:28 AM
    I actually work for a homebuilder. Try again.
    Just changed your sig to "throttling is okay", because that's all you post in any thread anyway.
    Eileen89 likes this.
    03-02-2012 10:37 AM
    Just changed your sig to "throttling is okay", because that's all you post in any thread anyway.
    Yeah, that is exactly what he posted in my previous throttling thread as well.

03-02-2012 11:08 AM
    Verizon throttles unlimited users. T-mobile does too, depending on their plan. Sprint is already "throttled" because their network is garbage, so it's slow anyways. Those are the facts. Plain and simple. AT&T is now doing it. Granted their limit is lower, but at least now it's a clear limit instead of guessing what the top 5% is.
    03-02-2012 12:29 PM
    I'm getting 2 mbps on the upload side currently with 7-8 down.

Oops just noticed this is in call data... I'll try again.
    03-02-2012 12:33 PM
    Verizon throttles unlimited users. T-mobile does too, depending on their plan. Sprint is already "throttled" because their network is garbage, so it's slow anyways. Those are the facts. Plain and simple. AT&T is now doing it. Granted their limit is lower, but at least now it's a clear limit instead of guessing what the top 5% is.
    Never been throttled and I'm on Verizon 15 gig used maybe im lucky

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    03-02-2012 01:37 PM
    Yeah, that is exactly what he posted in my previous throttling thread as well.

Remind me not to buy a home from him either .
    03-02-2012 02:13 PM
    Remind me not to buy a home from him either .
    I don't work in sales. Those clowns do their own thing.
    03-02-2012 02:18 PM
    Never been throttled and I'm on Verizon 15 gig used maybe im lucky

Verizon's policy is based upon your tower. If that tower is congested, they'll throttle you for that area. Chances are you were throttled, but since maybe you didn't use that tower at that one time, you never noticed.
    03-02-2012 02:24 PM
    With how much we pay for cell phones monthly there should be no throttling period in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    03-02-2012 02:37 PM
    Verizon's policy is based upon your tower. If that tower is congested, they'll throttle you for that area. Chances are you were throttled, but since maybe you didn't use that tower at that one time, you never noticed.
    Ya maybe but if it didn't affect what I use my phone for then that's y I didn't notice lol

03-02-2012 04:19 PM
    My 3G data during a phone call has always been bad (throttled). Really, really slow.
    03-06-2012 08:57 PM
    My 3G data during a phone call has always been bad (throttled). Really, really slow.
    Yeah it is ridiculously slow, especially the upload. The upload during a call becomes so slow it's virtually nonexistent. Also, the pings become so high that even though you have a 1 meg download speed (not that 1meg is fast), it crawls painfully slow. What makes it worse is that it has nothing to do with your usage or your plan, they do it to everyone. AT&T really does need to be held accountable for it.
    07-14-2012 01:51 AM
    I thought this was just how the network worked. I thought 3G was a multi-channel signal, and when you're connected to a voice call, you only have one channel for data. I believe I read something about it dropping to essentially an EDGE connection, but I don't know where/when I read that.
    07-14-2012 07:01 PM
    it's amazing how posts can go from on-topic to off-topic so fast.

The point of this thread to was substantiate the claims of the article.. and the OP showed this by posting real data..

yet some people I guess just like hearing themselves talk all the time..
    07-30-2012 06:56 PM
    I was on the phone earlier, and browsing on Safari at the same time. Safari was so ridiculously slow, and this thread gave me the answer as to why. Screw you, AT&T.
    08-01-2012 11:43 PM
    I was on the phone earlier, and browsing on Safari at the same time. Safari was so ridiculously slow, and this thread gave me the answer as to why. Screw you, AT&T.
    No need to be mad at AT&T. At least with them you can call and use data at the same time. It's not that bad though, as I was able to look something up while on a call the other day and my data wasn't slowed to anything less than EDGE speeds which I've gotten used to whenever I'm using my T-Mobile SIM in my 4S.

Sent from my iPad LTE using Tapatalk HD.
    08-02-2012 08:30 AM
    Yeah I'm just happy I can send emails and browse while on a call.

Coming from sprint this is a much loved Feature.

Sent from my Bold using Tapatalk
    08-17-2012 08:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD