One of my relatives are going to Vietnam very soon and wants to know AT&T's roaming charges in Vietnam.

If it's really expensive, where could my relative buy an AT&T sim card that works with an iPhone 3Gs?
    11-26-2011 11:47 PM
    They will be very expensive for roaming data, depending on usage. Could easily top $5k a month. If his phone is not SIM locked, he can buy a local prepaid SIM card. If his phone is SIM locked, I would recommend he pick up a cheap local phone with a prepaid SIM and use it for local texts and calls - then use his iPhone on wifi connections...

AT&T is not cheap for international roaming. He also needs to contact them and enable roaming before he leaves.
    hpcomputergeek likes this.
    11-27-2011 12:06 AM
    They will be very expensive for roaming data, depending on usage. Could easily top $5k a month. If his phone is not SIM locked, he can buy a local prepaid SIM card. If his phone is SIM locked, I would recommend he pick up a cheap local phone with a prepaid SIM and use it for local texts and calls - then use his iPhone on wifi connections...

AT&T is not cheap for international roaming. He also needs to contact them and enable roaming before he leaves.
    Thanks for the info.

Would the SIM card have to have special network frequency so the Sim would work with the iPhone?

Also, I would be able to unlock his iPhone for him with Ultrasn0w but I'm not sure if it will work with a Vietnamese pre paid sim card.
    11-27-2011 08:50 AM
    Call AT&T maybe? I'm sure they could tell you the exact rate....
    11-27-2011 01:47 PM
    Call AT&T maybe? I'm sure they could tell you the exact rate....
    My relative did call ATT and bought a roaming plan. He's leaving today to Vietnam. Thanks everyone for your info!
    11-28-2011 08:28 AM
    Hi, If you want best international sim card, I'm recommending you to use holidayphone prepaid sim cards. Because it is very cheap and best in all aspect of services. pay as you go
    09-27-2012 08:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD