How much is the activation fee?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
That's all there is to it. No other hidden costs. Of course you have your normal monthly plan as well. But that's it. One time $36 activation fee.

Jimbos Jumbos

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
Not really "one time" unless you plan on using your phone for a lifetime. They get you for $36 everytime you buy a phone. I am actually surprised that congress hasnt had hearings on this yet. It is a required hidden fee.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Not really "one time" unless you plan on using your phone for a lifetime. They get you for $36 everytime you buy a phone. I am actually surprised that congress hasnt had hearings on this yet. It is a required hidden fee.

The activation fee is not a "hidden fee". It is listed on the terms and agreement that you sign when you upgrade. I have yet to pay it, though. I always call AT&T and have them remove the fee once I see it on my billing statement. While this isn't something they have to do, I find that if you are nice when you call them, they are more than willing to remove the fee.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
The activation fee is not a "hidden fee". It is listed on the terms and agreement that you sign when you upgrade. I have yet to pay it, though. I always call AT&T and have them remove the fee once I see it on my billing statement. While this isn't something they have to do, I find that if you are nice when you call them, they are more than willing to remove the fee.

With my Foundation Account, I’m not supposed to even see an activation charge. I’ve only had one hit my bill since Cingular acquired AT&T and changed the name of the company... a call to Customer Care took care of that one... IATT

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
On Sprint they wave the activation fee if you have a credit union bank account so I upgraded two lines six months ago at 36 dollars a line activation fee I decided to do the leg work and go open an Account I rather have paid myself then pay them

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro