I finally got fed up with limited data and an expensive (even overpriced) network so today I pulled the plug and ordered five TMo SIM cards. I’m getting their ONE Amplified program through my employer which, on the surface, seems pretty awesome and I’m getting a $500 gift card for switching. I’m looking forward to unlimited data and saving money every month. I’m just hoping the actual service is on par with Verizon.
    Have you left Verizon for T-Mobile? How has your experience been?
    nikkisharif and mumfoau like this.
    07-14-2018 08:06 PM
    I finally got fed up with limited data and an expensive (even overpriced) network so today I pulled the plug and ordered five TMo SIM cards. I’m getting their ONE Amplified program through my employer which, on the surface, seems pretty awesome and I’m getting a $500 gift card for switching. I’m looking forward to unlimited data and saving money every month. I’m just hoping the actual service is on par with Verizon.
    Have you left Verizon for T-Mobile? How has your experience been?
    I hope this works out for you!! What is the Amplified program?
    07-14-2018 08:40 PM
    I’ve been on every network except Sprint. Currently on T-Mobile. With the T-Mobile/Sprint merger likely happening the network will see another boost and T-Mobile is always making their network better. For me, I have a Cricket SIM in another phone for work because there are a couple places that T-Mobile doesn’t have service that AT&T does and if either of those fail, my work tablet is on Verizon and I can use it as a hotspot. For the most part though, T-Mobile has been great for me, no regrets. Just don’t forget to download the T-Mobile Tuesday’s app and check it every Tuesday for what freebies/discounts you get that week. A quarter off per tank of gas at Shell is pretty common.
    07-14-2018 08:42 PM
    I hope this works out for you!! What is the Amplified program?
    It’s rather secretive for some reason and needs to be purchased through an employee discount program. This is from my employer’s discount web site:
    07-14-2018 08:43 PM
    I’ve been on every network except Sprint. Currently on T-Mobile. With the T-Mobile/Sprint merger likely happening the network will see another boost and T-Mobile is always making their network better. For me, I have a Cricket SIM in another phone for work because there are a couple places that T-Mobile doesn’t have service that AT&T does and if either of those fail, my work tablet is on Verizon and I can use it as a hotspot. For the most part though, T-Mobile has been great for me, no regrets. Just don’t forget to download the T-Mobile Tuesday’s app and check it every Tuesday for what freebies/discounts you get that week. A quarter off per tank of gas at Shell is pretty common.
    Thanks for the tip, buddy.
    07-14-2018 08:44 PM
    It’s rather secretive for some reason and needs to be purchased through an employee discount program. This is from my employer’s discount web site:
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...f99afc7fc3.png
    Wow..that’s pretty nice!!!
    07-14-2018 08:50 PM
    Wow..that’s pretty nice!!!
    I thought so too. It was a big deciding factor for me.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    07-14-2018 09:00 PM
    I too got tired of Verizons prices and got a work provided ATT device so I ditched Verizon and switched to TMobile. I notice Tmo lacks service in some places Verizon would’ve had it BUT TMobile speeds are overall better. Definitely a better choice for me when I compared cost. If you live in a bigger city I think you’ll really enjoy it. TMobile is really shaking up the wireless industry
    akutch34 and Rob Phillips like this.
    07-14-2018 11:09 PM
    I too got tired of Verizons prices and got a work provided ATT device so I ditched Verizon and switched to TMobile. I notice Tmo lacks service in some places Verizon would’ve had it BUT TMobile speeds are overall better. Definitely a better choice for me when I compared cost. If you live in a bigger city I think you’ll really enjoy it. TMobile is really shaking up the wireless industry
    Thanks. I’m in the metropolitan Detroit area so I’m expecting decent service. I actually have a Mint SIM card in my iPad Pro that uses T-Mobile’s network and I’ve also noticed that the data speeds I’m getting are better than what I get through Verizon. The two travel areas I’m concerned about are South Carolina and Florida but I’ve done my research and TMo seems to do well in those areas.
    blaine07 likes this.
    07-15-2018 05:09 AM
    Thanks. I’m in the metropolitan Detroit area so I’m expecting decent service. I actually have a Mint SIM card in my iPad Pro that uses T-Mobile’s network and I’ve also noticed that the data speeds I’m getting are better than what I get through Verizon. The two travel areas I’m concerned about are South Carolina and Florida but I’ve done my research and TMo seems to do well in those areas.
    Im in Troy and have had T-Mo through my company for a while now and havent had any issues. My service is usually better than my families At&t service. The only time I had a problem was up in Mio while camping. I had service but it wasnt very fast. At&t and sprint were the same there though so no difference. North of M59 I get insane speeds. Usually about 100mbps. When I travel north on 75 I keep connection until just before Mio for about a 2 mile stretch. After Mio it comes back and stays connected.

As for Florida, I go to Orlando and Tampa/St Pete/Clearwater regularly and havent had any problems at all. Ill be back in Clearwater in a few weeks so I can run you some speed tests.

Havent been back to south carolina in 6 or so years so I cant comment on there.
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    07-15-2018 07:24 AM
    Im in Troy and have had T-Mo through my company for a while now and havent had any issues. My service is usually better than my families At&t service. The only time I had a problem was up in Mio while camping. I had service but it wasnt very fast. At&t and sprint were the same there though so no difference. North of M59 I get insane speeds. Usually about 100mbps. When I travel north on 75 I keep connection until just before Mio for about a 2 mile stretch. After Mio it comes back and stays connected.

As for Florida, I go to Orlando and Tampa/St Pete/Clearwater regularly and havent had any problems at all. Ill be back in Clearwater in a few weeks so I can run you some speed tests.

Havent been back to south carolina in 6 or so years so I cant comment on there.
    Good stuff. Thank you! I work in Rochester Hills and I’ve gotten really good speeds on my iPad Pro that uses T-Mobile. I live in Clinton Township off of Metro Pkwy though so I’m expecting slower but still decent speeds at home.
    07-15-2018 08:41 AM
    Good stuff. Thank you! I work in Rochester Hills and I’ve gotten really good speeds on my iPad Pro that uses T-Mobile. I live in Clinton Township off of Metro Pkwy though so I’m expecting slower but still decent speeds at home.
    Im in clinton twp a decent amount and cant remember a time I had any issues. You should be good to go pretty much anywhere you go in the area.
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    07-15-2018 08:43 AM
    I’m in the process of moving from at&t to T-Mobile after your recommendation.
    blaine07 and Rob Phillips like this.
    07-15-2018 10:21 AM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...f99afc7fc3.png
    That actually looks better than theT-Mobile ONE Military plan my cousin has as far as features.
    blaine07 likes this.
    07-15-2018 10:25 AM
    I’m in the process of moving from at&t to T-Mobile after your recommendation.
    Nice! Let me know how it goes.

That actually looks better than theT-Mobile ONE Military plan my cousin has as far as features.
    Yeah it’s pretty awesome if you qualify for it, especially unlimited HD streaming.
    07-15-2018 10:30 AM
    Tmo’s network is just expanding at a good rate. I feel like sooner or later, TMO coverage will surpass Verizon. Acquisition of Sprint will just help speed that process up that much quicker. I mainly got it so I had a avenue to keep my personal number I’ve had for years and was pleasantly surprised! :-). TMobile is DEFINITELY the best bang for the buck, hands down.
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    07-15-2018 10:33 AM
    Nice! Let me know how it goes.

Yeah it’s pretty awesome if you qualify for it, especially unlimited HD streaming.
    Will do sir!
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    07-15-2018 10:41 AM
    Tmo’s network is just expanding at a good rate. I feel like sooner or later, TMO coverage will surpass Verizon. Acquisition of Sprint will just help speed that process up that much quicker. I mainly got it so I had a avenue to keep my personal number I’ve had for years and was pleasantly surprised! :-). TMobile is DEFINITELY the best bang for the buck, hands down.
    I agree and I wouldn’t be surprised to see T-Mobile surpass at&t and Verizon in coverage.
    Rob Phillips and blaine07 like this.
    07-15-2018 10:42 AM
    Upstate SC here. We dumped Big Red several years ago for Tmobile and still have no regrets about doing so. We're on the One plan, unlimited everything on 4 lines for $140/mo with auto pay. IMHO, VZW still has the best coverage area but their speeds are horrible. Foe where we go, Tmobile has excellent coverage and we're saving a lot of money......AND free Netflix.
    Rob Phillips and aximtreo like this.
    07-15-2018 06:02 PM
    Upstate SC here. We dumped Big Red several years ago for Tmobile and still have no regrets about doing so. We're on the One plan, unlimited everything on 4 lines for $140/mo with auto pay. IMHO, VZW still has the best coverage area but their speeds are horrible. Foe where we go, Tmobile has excellent coverage and we're saving a lot of money......AND free Netflix.
    Awesome. I just need TMo to work in a highrise condo in Myrtle Beach and I’ll be good to go.
    07-15-2018 06:09 PM
    Awesome. I just need TMo to work in a highrise condo in Myrtle Beach and I’ll be good to go.
    Well they were working on their 600MHz band that was supposed to penetrate walls and buildings better. Not sure what's happening with that now with the merger.
    07-15-2018 06:26 PM
    I switched from AT&T to TMo earlier this year. I went from paying just over $100 for two lines with 3GB of data to an all in price of $60 for unlimited data. It’s a plan that’s only available if you’re over 55. The network speeds are better than AT&T, but the coverage is not as good. My wife was on an annual business trip in the north central part of FL a few months ago. Previously, the AT&T coverage was fine there. This year, staying at the same hotel, she had to walk outside to get a workable TMo cell signal. Other than that, things are great.
    07-15-2018 07:03 PM
    I've been with T-Mobile for almost 2 years now. Came from att. Paying less, getting more. Generally speaking it's pretty good stuff. Billing is a bit of a train wreck and support can be iffy, but my family can burn up a ton of data with nobody complaining so....
    07-15-2018 07:30 PM
    Well they were working on their 600MHz band that was supposed to penetrate walls and buildings better. Not sure what's happening with that now with the merger.
    Still working on it, but currently I think only the Galaxy S9 can use it. Phones need band 71 to access it. So hopefully the new iPhones have it.
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    07-15-2018 10:57 PM
    I left Verizon for T-Mobile last year and switched back to Verizon. Why you ask? Because the cost of unlimited on T-Mobile cost the same amount as it does on Verizon so I figured I might as well be on the network that works out in the sticks.

T-Mo will be good in a few years when the 600MHz spectrum is up and running. But until then, I'll stay on Verizon.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    07-15-2018 11:05 PM
44 12