Just switched to T-Mobile from Verizon

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I finally got fed up with limited data and an expensive (even overpriced) network so today I pulled the plug and ordered five TMo SIM cards. I’m getting their ONE Amplified program through my employer which, on the surface, seems pretty awesome and I’m getting a $500 gift card for switching. I’m looking forward to unlimited data and saving money every month. I’m just hoping the actual service is on par with Verizon.
Have you left Verizon for T-Mobile? How has your experience been?

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I finally got fed up with limited data and an expensive (even overpriced) network so today I pulled the plug and ordered five TMo SIM cards. I’m getting their ONE Amplified program through my employer which, on the surface, seems pretty awesome and I’m getting a $500 gift card for switching. I’m looking forward to unlimited data and saving money every month. I’m just hoping the actual service is on par with Verizon.
Have you left Verizon for T-Mobile? How has your experience been?

I hope this works out for you!! What is the Amplified program?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I’ve been on every network except Sprint. Currently on T-Mobile. With the T-Mobile/Sprint merger likely happening the network will see another boost and T-Mobile is always making their network better. For me, I have a Cricket SIM in another phone for work because there are a couple places that T-Mobile doesn’t have service that AT&T does and if either of those fail, my work tablet is on Verizon and I can use it as a hotspot. For the most part though, T-Mobile has been great for me, no regrets. Just don’t forget to download the T-Mobile Tuesday’s app and check it every Tuesday for what freebies/discounts you get that week. A quarter off per tank of gas at Shell is pretty common.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I hope this works out for you!! What is the Amplified program?

It’s rather secretive for some reason and needs to be purchased through an employee discount program. This is from my employer’s discount web site:
b321abce851401c64298d6f99afc7fc3.png

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I’ve been on every network except Sprint. Currently on T-Mobile. With the T-Mobile/Sprint merger likely happening the network will see another boost and T-Mobile is always making their network better. For me, I have a Cricket SIM in another phone for work because there are a couple places that T-Mobile doesn’t have service that AT&T does and if either of those fail, my work tablet is on Verizon and I can use it as a hotspot. For the most part though, T-Mobile has been great for me, no regrets. Just don’t forget to download the T-Mobile Tuesday’s app and check it every Tuesday for what freebies/discounts you get that week. A quarter off per tank of gas at Shell is pretty common.

Thanks for the tip, buddy.

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
I too got tired of Verizons prices and got a work provided ATT device so I ditched Verizon and switched to TMobile. I notice Tmo lacks service in some places Verizon would’ve had it BUT TMobile speeds are overall better. Definitely a better choice for me when I compared cost. If you live in a bigger city I think you’ll really enjoy it. TMobile is really shaking up the wireless industry

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I too got tired of Verizons prices and got a work provided ATT device so I ditched Verizon and switched to TMobile. I notice Tmo lacks service in some places Verizon would’ve had it BUT TMobile speeds are overall better. Definitely a better choice for me when I compared cost. If you live in a bigger city I think you’ll really enjoy it. TMobile is really shaking up the wireless industry

Thanks. I’m in the metropolitan Detroit area so I’m expecting decent service. I actually have a Mint SIM card in my iPad Pro that uses T-Mobile’s network and I’ve also noticed that the data speeds I’m getting are better than what I get through Verizon. The two travel areas I’m concerned about are South Carolina and Florida but I’ve done my research and TMo seems to do well in those areas.

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
Thanks. I’m in the metropolitan Detroit area so I’m expecting decent service. I actually have a Mint SIM card in my iPad Pro that uses T-Mobile’s network and I’ve also noticed that the data speeds I’m getting are better than what I get through Verizon. The two travel areas I’m concerned about are South Carolina and Florida but I’ve done my research and TMo seems to do well in those areas.

Im in Troy and have had T-Mo through my company for a while now and havent had any issues. My service is usually better than my families At&t service. The only time I had a problem was up in Mio while camping. I had service but it wasnt very fast. At&t and sprint were the same there though so no difference. North of M59 I get insane speeds. Usually about 100mbps. When I travel north on 75 I keep connection until just before Mio for about a 2 mile stretch. After Mio it comes back and stays connected.

As for Florida, I go to Orlando and Tampa/St Pete/Clearwater regularly and havent had any problems at all. Ill be back in Clearwater in a few weeks so I can run you some speed tests.

Havent been back to south carolina in 6 or so years so I cant comment on there.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Im in Troy and have had T-Mo through my company for a while now and havent had any issues. My service is usually better than my families At&t service. The only time I had a problem was up in Mio while camping. I had service but it wasnt very fast. At&t and sprint were the same there though so no difference. North of M59 I get insane speeds. Usually about 100mbps. When I travel north on 75 I keep connection until just before Mio for about a 2 mile stretch. After Mio it comes back and stays connected.

As for Florida, I go to Orlando and Tampa/St Pete/Clearwater regularly and havent had any problems at all. Ill be back in Clearwater in a few weeks so I can run you some speed tests.

Havent been back to south carolina in 6 or so years so I cant comment on there.

Good stuff. Thank you! I work in Rochester Hills and I’ve gotten really good speeds on my iPad Pro that uses T-Mobile. I live in Clinton Township off of Metro Pkwy though so I’m expecting slower but still decent speeds at home.

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
Good stuff. Thank you! I work in Rochester Hills and I’ve gotten really good speeds on my iPad Pro that uses T-Mobile. I live in Clinton Township off of Metro Pkwy though so I’m expecting slower but still decent speeds at home.

Im in clinton twp a decent amount and cant remember a time I had any issues. You should be good to go pretty much anywhere you go in the area.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site

I’m in the process of moving from at&t to T-Mobile after your recommendation.

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Tmo’s network is just expanding at a good rate. I feel like sooner or later, TMO coverage will surpass Verizon. Acquisition of Sprint will just help speed that process up that much quicker. I mainly got it so I had a avenue to keep my personal number I’ve had for years and was pleasantly surprised! :). TMobile is DEFINITELY the best bang for the buck, hands down.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Tmo’s network is just expanding at a good rate. I feel like sooner or later, TMO coverage will surpass Verizon. Acquisition of Sprint will just help speed that process up that much quicker. I mainly got it so I had a avenue to keep my personal number I’ve had for years and was pleasantly surprised! :). TMobile is DEFINITELY the best bang for the buck, hands down.

I agree and I wouldn’t be surprised to see T-Mobile surpass at&t and Verizon in coverage.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Upstate SC here. We dumped Big Red several years ago for Tmobile and still have no regrets about doing so. We're on the One plan, unlimited everything on 4 lines for $140/mo with auto pay. IMHO, VZW still has the best coverage area but their speeds are horrible. Foe where we go, Tmobile has excellent coverage and we're saving a lot of money......AND free Netflix.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Upstate SC here. We dumped Big Red several years ago for Tmobile and still have no regrets about doing so. We're on the One plan, unlimited everything on 4 lines for $140/mo with auto pay. IMHO, VZW still has the best coverage area but their speeds are horrible. Foe where we go, Tmobile has excellent coverage and we're saving a lot of money......AND free Netflix.

Awesome. I just need TMo to work in a highrise condo in Myrtle Beach and I’ll be good to go.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711