T-mobile insurance Apple Care included

muckle_dabuckle

Apr 28, 2017
Visit site
Has anyone had T-mobile add the complimentary Apple Care to their premium handset protection? One of the final reasons I made the switch from Android was the supposed complimentary Apple Care added on to handset protection insurance at no additional cost. I checked today and it appears I don't have it listed on T-mobile or Apples Web site. I contacted T-mobile and they made it sound like you don't get it if you have the grandfathered original Jump. Can't say I saw that in the fine print anywhere and the clerk even mentioned it when I bought it.

Has anyone else had this experience?

Last edited:

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
It's possible you missed out on this promotion, BUT T-Mobile Customer Support can probably get it sorted. Try them first, then worstcase take your case to the CEO, he helps people personally! He has helped me personally. His staff handles it, but I'm told he DOES actually read the emails! Anyways you just email john DOT legere AT t-mobile DOT com.

muckle_dabuckle

Apr 28, 2017
Visit site
Yeah, John Legere is really active on Twitter but that would be my last resort. I don't think it's an actual promotion but permanently part of their insurance coverage now. What they told me through chat makes no sense. I'm not sure why it would matter what Jump I'm enrolled in. I'm already paying $12 a month for premium handset protection. They even have a chart on their Web site showing Apple Care included with my insurance. I'll try calling them and if that doesn't work...CEO time.

appolusionist

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
I saw that AppleCare was available with the $12 PHP for new devices purchased in March 2017. I had recently upgraded my iPad and was already paying $12, but they said that it did not include the AppleCare services, but it was added because I asked within 14 days of my purchase and will do the same thing on my next phone.

muckle_dabuckle

Apr 28, 2017
Visit site
I saw that AppleCare was available with the $12 PHP for new devices purchased in March 2017. I had recently upgraded my iPad and was already paying $12, but they said that it did not include the AppleCare services, but it was added because I asked within 14 days of my purchase and will do the same thing on my next phone.

Thanks. The press release mentions nothing about having to ask or that you have to be on a specific Jump plan. Implies if you buy a iPhone or iPad (maybe some fine print on which models) and you have the $12 insurance it's automatically included from the announcement in March forward (and purchases made 60 days prior to the announcement).

Just feel like T-mobile possibly trying to weasel their way out because people are actually taking them up on the offer.

https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news-and-blogs/premium-device-protection.htm

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Hints from Uncle PK. When you call Customer Service, be polite but firm. Remind them of how loyal of a customer you are, and about how much you LOVE the T-Mobile service, but explain that this issue has you very frustrated. Say something along the lines that you know that they can help you, because you've heard how good T-Mobile customer service is, OR better yet how you've had good experience's in the past. The secret sauce is you want to win the rep on to your side and for her or him to fight FOR you. Polite but firm is key! Do NOT shout, do NOT lose your patience (try anyways). They really can help you. I'm always getting special deals from companies. :)

muckle_dabuckle

Apr 28, 2017
Visit site
Hints from Uncle PK. When you call Customer Service, be polite but firm. Remind them of how loyal of a customer you are, and about how much you LOVE the T-Mobile service, but explain that this issue has you very frustrated. Say something along the lines that you know that they can help you, because you've heard how good T-Mobile customer service is, OR better yet how you've had good experience's in the past. The secret sauce is you want to win the rep on to your side and for her or him to fight FOR you. Polite but firm is key! Do NOT shout, do NOT lose your patience (try anyways). They really can help you. I'm always getting special deals from companies. :)

Good points. I'm never mean to customer service but I don't have the type of personality to fight. Here is me:

Me: "We were overcharged $30 this month."

Customer Service: "There is nothing we can do about it."

Me: "OK. Thanks."

And then I never do business with that company again. Lol. Maybe a slight exaggeration but not by much. That is why my wife usually handles stuff like this because she works in customer service.

I'll give T-mobile a call later and see what they say. The woman I talked with in chat said I was covered by Apple Care but then messaged me again over an hour later saying just kidding.

Seems like T-mobile is making this too complicated when it seems so simple. Just add Apple Care to Apple products that are insured through T-mobile. If that is too expensive than don't even offer it and make random exclusions that customer service has to dig to even find out about.

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Ok, if she's NOT already add your wife as an Account Manager on your T-Mobile account, THEN have HER make the call. ;) Easy peasy! lol You can add her from the Profile page here...

https://my.t-mobile.com/profile.html

Go to her line, go to Line Settings, and set it for Full Access.

muckle_dabuckle

Apr 28, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I will do that. Hopefully my wife doesn't require payment for helping me out. If I have to go to a chick flick for this I'd rather not have Apple Care.

Edit: I gave my wife full account access on our profile. That was easy. Thank you!

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I will do that. Hopefully my wife doesn't require payment for helping me out. If I have to go to a chick flick for this I'd rather not have Apple Care.

Edit: I gave my wife full account access on our profile. That was easy. Thank you!

No worries! I had to do it on my family account also. So I made my brother and my Dad full account managers and yet I STILL have to do all the "fixing" when anything goes wrong lol! Everytime I go to dinner at the folks, I just wait for my dad to hit me with what he needs me to fix. "Son, my cable bill just went up, could you call them and get me free HBO and half the price?" "Yea yea Dad, I'll do my best!" lol

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR