Specifically for iPhone and Pixel users (iPhone SE, 6s, 6s Plus, 7, 7 Plus, Pixel, Pixel XL), where the phone will work just fine on either carrier, you can make the switch to T-Mobile and bring your phone with its existing phone number. Better yet, if you owe money on the device or a set of devices, regardless of how much you owe, T-Mobile will pay it completely off for you via a digital prepaid MasterCard. The only kicker is, you have to sign-up for a $15/month device protection plan, which is actually an industry first when it comes to a carrier willing to insure a used device.

Furthermore, if you have a family or a lineup of devices you want to hook up with LTE connectivity, T-Mobile is offering four T-Mobile ONE voice plans for the price of three, which is a yearly saving of up $240. So, not only are you switching to T-Mobile with its unlimited plan and paying off your iPhone or Pixel devices, but you’re also getting a free line of service if you sign-up for at least two ONE plans.

For all customers, T-Mobile also announced that it is upping its prioritization threshold to 32GB, instead of 30GB. That’s 10GB higher than Verizon’s current threshold on its unlimited plan.

If you aren’t on Verizon and have Sprint or AT&T, don’t worry, T-Mobile has an offer for you, too. As announced, with Carrier Freedom, starting on May 31 for a limited time, T-Mobile will pay off your phone or early termination fee (ETF) when you finance a new device through T-Mobile. On top of that, again for a limited time, there is no trade-in required at all.

For anyone who wants to make the switch, all of this kicks off on May 31. However, the 4 for 3 T-Mobile ONE offer starts tomorrow, May 25. That is open to everyone, not just those making a switch
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    05-25-2017 06:42 AM
    Amazing offer! We got another offer when we switched over which was similar but different, they also gave us free Hulu for a year! And so far for the last 2 years they have given us (everyone) free MLB.tv account. Besides switching over my family and my primary line 2 years ago, I had a 2nd line of T-Mobile much longer.

I had the famous 30 dollar a month plan. (sometimes known as the "walmart plan" but I got it right from T-Mobile) I used to compare service all the time and yes Verizon got more bars in more places, BUT as time went on T-Mobile got better and better. Consistently faster in places where they both got good signal, AND closing the gap on those places where Verizon had signal and they did not.

I have NO regrets switching over, and my bank account appreciates it greatly! lol
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    05-25-2017 07:49 AM
    No thanks. I'm satisfied with Verizon.
    beeray and Jude526 like this.
    05-25-2017 07:55 AM
    I can't figure out what's in it for TMOBILE if you don't sign a contract or you got do is let them pay your phone off test drive TMOBILE and there Service doesn't work. You can go back to Verizon or whoever plus your phone will be paid off
    05-25-2017 08:19 AM
    I can't figure out what's in it for TMOBILE if you don't sign a contract or you got do is let them pay your phone off test drive TMOBILE and there Service doesn't work. You can go back to Verizon or whoever plus your phone will be paid off
    I bet the fine print says you owe T-Mobile the balance of your phone. I'm assuming T-Mobile will pay off the phone to the other carriers then add that amount as the device payment plan on your new T-Mobile plan. I may be wrong though.
    05-25-2017 08:49 AM
    They never give us presents so there has to be strings attached
    felloffthetruck and MB64 like this.
    05-25-2017 09:34 AM
    Specifically for iPhone and Pixel users (iPhone SE, 6s, 6s Plus, 7, 7 Plus, Pixel, Pixel XL), where the phone will work just fine on either carrier, you can make the switch to T-Mobile and bring your phone with its existing phone number. Better yet, if you owe money on the device or a set of devices, regardless of how much you owe, T-Mobile will pay it completely off for you via a digital prepaid MasterCard. The only kicker is, you have to sign-up for a $15/month device protection plan, which is actually an industry first when it comes to a carrier willing to insure a used device.
    For what it's worth, this isn't new. For example, Sprint will insure a used device. I don't know if they advertise that but I have done it.

That is a cool offer though. Paying off a used device and allowing you to use that on their network without requiring a phone purchase. That's pretty sweet.
    05-25-2017 09:42 AM
    Most people never use their insurance. The money carriers make on that is nuts. You more than likely won't file a claim nor will they replace your device because for the most part, these phones are very well made. That is where they are making their money. Forcing you to get the insurance which you probably won't use.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    05-25-2017 09:43 AM
    If they throw in a new car than we have a deal.
    TwitchyPuppy and MB64 like this.
    05-25-2017 11:31 AM
    What is in it for T-Mobile is that they get people to try out their network, and likely stay. They'll see lower prices on T-Mobile (particularly without a device payment added to the bill). It will be even cheaper this weekend as T-Mobile is offering an "add 2 lines for the price of 1" deal. As I understand it, this means for someone switching they'll be able to get 3 lines for $100 -- likely much less than what they paid on Verizon.
    05-25-2017 12:45 PM
    What is in it for T-Mobile is that they get people to try out their network, and likely stay. They'll see lower prices on T-Mobile (particularly without a device payment added to the bill). It will be even cheaper this weekend as T-Mobile is offering an "add 2 lines for the price of 1" deal. As I understand it, this means for someone switching they'll be able to get 3 lines for $100 -- likely much less than what they paid on Verizon.
    Actually it isn't exactly like that. You can't add two lines to 1 single line to make 3 (at least not if you want the 3rd one to be free). You have to have at least 2 lines and then you can add 2 more with one of them being free.

And, starting tomorrow for a limited time, customers with at least two T-Mobile ONE voice lines can get two additional lines of service for the price of one via bill credit.

Source: https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news-a...of-the-red.htm
    Still a good deal either way. It depends how many lines someone needs to see if it will be cheaper. My line is currently $38 (taxes and all) on VZW due to how my plan works out. YMMV -- Pretty much the story for any carrier plan.
    pkcable likes this.
    05-25-2017 01:22 PM
    Amazing offer! We got another offer when we switched over which was similar but different, they also gave us free Hulu for a year! And so far for the last 2 years they have given us (everyone) free MLB.tv account. Besides switching over my family and my primary line 2 years ago, I had a 2nd line of T-Mobile much longer.

I had the famous 30 dollar a month plan. (sometimes known as the "walmart plan" but I got it right from T-Mobile) I used to compare service all the time and yes Verizon got more bars in more places, BUT as time went on T-Mobile got better and better. Consistently faster in places where they both got good signal, AND closing the gap on those places where Verizon had signal and they did not.

I have NO regrets switching over, and my bank account appreciates it greatly! lol
    Opposite happened for me. Tried Tmobile for almost a week and I went totally backwards in service. I really wanted it to work because it's would be about 70-80 savings for my 11 lines. Didn't know there were 2 T-Mobile unlimited plans. The regular Tmobile one and Tmobile one plus which is equivalent to the att unlimited plus plan. Which price wise it would be close to the same. At least in my area Verizon and Att win.
    05-25-2017 02:48 PM
    Opposite happened for me. Tried Tmobile for almost a week and I went totally backwards in service. I really wanted it to work because it's would be about 70-80 savings for my 11 lines. Didn't know there were 2 T-Mobile unlimited plans. The regular Tmobile one and Tmobile one plus which is equivalent to the att unlimited plus plan. Which price wise it would be close to the same. At least in my area Verizon and Att win.
    For a good while (now over I believe) T-Mobile was running a promo that allowed us to get One Plus for free (at One price). I don't think you can get it anymore BUT if you have it, get to keep it.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    05-25-2017 03:11 PM
    Ohh that would of been nice because it's similar to the unlimited + plan I'm used too. The HD streaming and 10gb of LTE hotspot is nice
    05-25-2017 03:28 PM
    Ohh that would of been nice because it's similar to the unlimited + plan I'm used too. The HD streaming and 10gb of LTE hotspot is nice
    And I got back from Europe about a week BEFORE we switched. It would have doubled my free data speed in Europe! Ah well!
    05-25-2017 03:50 PM
    Haha maybe in time Tmobile will work better for me. For now att and Verizon still have better coverage in my area.
    05-25-2017 03:51 PM
    Tried Tmobile about a year ago before moving to Cricket. Coverage was horrible both where I live and work. Left for Cricket in less than a week.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4
    05-25-2017 04:09 PM
    It might be an great idea for people who may be trying to rid themselves of Verizon, and where T-mobile coverage is excellent.
    05-25-2017 04:26 PM
    There has to be some strings attached to this no phone company will fully pay off your phone just to switch to them, they may help yo switch but most come at an upfront cost to you
    05-26-2017 11:00 AM
    Actually it isn't exactly like that. You can't add two lines to 1 single line to make 3 (at least not if you want the 3rd one to be free). You have to have at least 2 lines and then you can add 2 more with one of them being free.

Still a good deal either way. It depends how many lines someone needs to see if it will be cheaper. My line is currently $38 (taxes and all) on VZW due to how my plan works out. YMMV -- Pretty much the story for any carrier plan.
    Thanks for the info and, as you point out, still a good deal. I guess it would work out to 4 lines for $140. It apparently also works with tablet lines; I'm tempted to add two tablet lines for $20 -- just not sure what I'd do with the second line.
    05-26-2017 11:29 AM
    Well, T-mobile Uk was crud. when it was owned by ****** Telekom, I hope the US version is better.
    05-26-2017 03:03 PM
    Tmo One Plus use to be an add on. Then they gave it for free. Are they now charging again for it? It had been free for quite awhile.
    05-26-2017 04:18 PM
    Tmo One Plus use to be an add on. Then they gave it for free. Are they now charging again for it? It had been free for quite awhile.
    05-26-2017 04:24 PM
    Not when I tried there service last week. It was a 5 dollar add on per line
    05-26-2017 04:54 PM
    One Plus was always an add-on. Originally it was $25/line, in December it dropped to $15, and recently it dropped to $5/month. For a few months (Feb-Apr?) they had a "T-Mobile Plus Promo" that was free, but it did not include everything that T-Mobile Plus had -- it is missing the visual voicemail, the unlimited GoGo in-flight WiFi, and Name ID. When they ended the One Plus Promo, they dropped the price to $5/month per line.

As I understand this new promo, if cannot be on the One Plus Promo -- if you add the new lines your lines will have the One Plus Promo removed, though you can then add the $5 One Plus Promo. Additionally, it appears if you got the 2 lines for $100 promo, you are not eligible for the free line. This 2 lines for the price of 1 promo appears, at least in part, to move people off the One Plus Promo.
    05-26-2017 07:09 PM
38 12