T-Mobile Will Pay Off Your iPhone if You Leave Verizon. What do you think?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Tmo One Plus use to be an add on. Then they gave it for free. Are they now charging again for it? It had been free for quite awhile.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Ohh that would of been nice because it's similar to the unlimited + plan I'm used too. The HD streaming and 10gb of LTE hotspot is nice

Tmo One Plus use to be an add on. Then they gave it for free. Are they now charging again for it? It had been free for quite awhile.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

One Plus was always an add-on. Originally it was $25/line, in December it dropped to $15, and recently it dropped to $5/month. For a few months (Feb-Apr?) they had a "T-Mobile Plus Promo" that was free, but it did not include everything that T-Mobile Plus had -- it is missing the visual voicemail, the unlimited GoGo in-flight WiFi, and Name ID. When they ended the One Plus Promo, they dropped the price to $5/month per line.

As I understand this new promo, if cannot be on the One Plus Promo -- if you add the new lines your lines will have the One Plus Promo removed, though you can then add the $5 One Plus Promo. Additionally, it appears if you got the 2 lines for $100 promo, you are not eligible for the free line. This 2 lines for the price of 1 promo appears, at least in part, to move people off the One Plus Promo.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Not when I tried there service last week. It was a 5 dollar add on per line

It appears it was a feb through April promo. I have it on mine for free. I guess you were just a month too late. I had no idea they didn't offer it for free anymore.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah when I tried it the Buisness rep made it sound like the T-Mobile one plan was the "only plan" but once I stared researching plans on T-Mobile I seen they had a Tmobile one plus plan that offers HD streaming not 480 and 10 gb of LTE hotspot very similar to Att's. So if I opted for the better Tmobile plan it would be very similar to what I'm paying for the unlimited + plan on att.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Haha maybe in time Tmobile will work better for me. For now att and Verizon still have better coverage in my area.

Yeah TMo and Sprint are both terrible in Metro Detroit. They'd have to do way more than pay off my phone to get me to switch!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Sounds GOOD. Thanks, but no thanks, Verizon has the BEST coverage in my area of travels. I'm willing to pay a little extra for a peace of mind knowing that when I pick up my devices they work like I want them to.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Sounds GOOD. Thanks, but no thanks, Verizon has the BEST coverage in my area of travels. I'm willing to pay a little extra for a peace of mind knowing that when I pick up my devices they work like I want them to.

+1

If I were THAT price sensitive my home wouldn't be loaded up with Apple stuff. Sometimes it's worth paying a little extra.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
+1

If I were THAT price sensitive my home wouldn't be loaded up with Apple stuff. Sometimes it's worth paying a little extra.

Totally agree. Without great coverage its not a deal.
I get great coverage where I live, work, and travel with AT&T. I did switch to Cricket a couple years ago and get the same coverage but save $50 a month. That was a no brainer.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I get great coverage. And excellent speed with T-Mobile.
e8fd1caa745fb72d735185b529d904dc.png

4957bfd1f69bd7a7f975155fa07f4f43.png

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
It appears it was a feb through April promo. I have it on mine for free. I guess you were just a month too late. I had no idea they didn't offer it for free anymore.

Those of us who got it free get to keep it free. ;)

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Those of us who got it free get to keep it free. ;)
Yeah until you want to make a change to your account, then you lose it. Or they come out with something new and you want to add that feature. T-Mobile as good as they are in many ways, are very good to get you off those grandfathered things. And they typically don't tell you before you make the change. You find out after and then it's too late to go back. So be careful.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Yeah until you want to make a change to your account, then you lose it. Or they come out with something new and you want to add that feature. T-Mobile as good as they are in many ways, are very good to get you off those grandfathered things. And they typically don't tell you before you make the change. You find out after and then it's too late to go back. So be careful.

Oh yea I hear ya! I waited a long time to change to T-Mobile One. In fact it was the promo that got me to change. ;)