T-Mobile Will Pay Off Your iPhone if You Leave Verizon. What do you think?

stsullivan

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
Specifically for iPhone and Pixel users (iPhone SE, 6s, 6s Plus, 7, 7 Plus, Pixel, Pixel XL), where the phone will work just fine on either carrier, you can make the switch to T-Mobile and bring your phone with its existing phone number. Better yet, if you owe money on the device or a set of devices, regardless of how much you owe, T-Mobile will pay it completely off for you via a digital prepaid MasterCard. The only kicker is, you have to sign-up for a $15/month device protection plan, which is actually an industry first when it comes to a carrier willing to insure a used device.

Furthermore, if you have a family or a lineup of devices you want to hook up with LTE connectivity, T-Mobile is offering four T-Mobile ONE voice plans for the price of three, which is a yearly saving of up $240. So, not only are you switching to T-Mobile with its unlimited plan and paying off your iPhone or Pixel devices, but you’re also getting a free line of service if you sign-up for at least two ONE plans.

For all customers, T-Mobile also announced that it is upping its prioritization threshold to 32GB, instead of 30GB. That’s 10GB higher than Verizon’s current threshold on its unlimited plan.

If you aren’t on Verizon and have Sprint or AT&T, don’t worry, T-Mobile has an offer for you, too. As announced, with Carrier Freedom, starting on May 31 for a limited time, T-Mobile will pay off your phone or early termination fee (ETF) when you finance a new device through T-Mobile. On top of that, again for a limited time, there is no trade-in required at all.

For anyone who wants to make the switch, all of this kicks off on May 31. However, the 4 for 3 T-Mobile ONE offer starts tomorrow, May 25. That is open to everyone, not just those making a switch

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Amazing offer! We got another offer when we switched over which was similar but different, they also gave us free Hulu for a year! And so far for the last 2 years they have given us (everyone) free MLB.tv account. Besides switching over my family and my primary line 2 years ago, I had a 2nd line of T-Mobile much longer.

I had the famous 30 dollar a month plan. (sometimes known as the "walmart plan" but I got it right from T-Mobile) I used to compare service all the time and yes Verizon got more bars in more places, BUT as time went on T-Mobile got better and better. Consistently faster in places where they both got good signal, AND closing the gap on those places where Verizon had signal and they did not.

I have NO regrets switching over, and my bank account appreciates it greatly! lol

stsullivan

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
I can't figure out what's in it for TMOBILE if you don't sign a contract or you got do is let them pay your phone off test drive TMOBILE and there Service doesn't work. You can go back to Verizon or whoever plus your phone will be paid off

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I can't figure out what's in it for TMOBILE if you don't sign a contract or you got do is let them pay your phone off test drive TMOBILE and there Service doesn't work. You can go back to Verizon or whoever plus your phone will be paid off

I bet the fine print says you owe T-Mobile the balance of your phone. I'm assuming T-Mobile will pay off the phone to the other carriers then add that amount as the device payment plan on your new T-Mobile plan. I may be wrong though.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Specifically for iPhone and Pixel users (iPhone SE, 6s, 6s Plus, 7, 7 Plus, Pixel, Pixel XL), where the phone will work just fine on either carrier, you can make the switch to T-Mobile and bring your phone with its existing phone number. Better yet, if you owe money on the device or a set of devices, regardless of how much you owe, T-Mobile will pay it completely off for you via a digital prepaid MasterCard. The only kicker is, you have to sign-up for a $15/month device protection plan, which is actually an industry first when it comes to a carrier willing to insure a used device.

For what it's worth, this isn't new. For example, Sprint will insure a used device. I don't know if they advertise that but I have done it.

That is a cool offer though. Paying off a used device and allowing you to use that on their network without requiring a phone purchase. That's pretty sweet.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

Most people never use their insurance. The money carriers make on that is nuts. You more than likely won't file a claim nor will they replace your device because for the most part, these phones are very well made. That is where they are making their money. Forcing you to get the insurance which you probably won't use.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

What is in it for T-Mobile is that they get people to try out their network, and likely stay. They'll see lower prices on T-Mobile (particularly without a device payment added to the bill). It will be even cheaper this weekend as T-Mobile is offering an "add 2 lines for the price of 1" deal. As I understand it, this means for someone switching they'll be able to get 3 lines for $100 -- likely much less than what they paid on Verizon.

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
What is in it for T-Mobile is that they get people to try out their network, and likely stay. They'll see lower prices on T-Mobile (particularly without a device payment added to the bill). It will be even cheaper this weekend as T-Mobile is offering an "add 2 lines for the price of 1" deal. As I understand it, this means for someone switching they'll be able to get 3 lines for $100 -- likely much less than what they paid on Verizon.

Actually it isn't exactly like that. You can't add two lines to 1 single line to make 3 (at least not if you want the 3rd one to be free). You have to have at least 2 lines and then you can add 2 more with one of them being free.

And, starting tomorrow for a limited time, customers with at least two T-Mobile ONE voice lines can get two additional lines of service for the price of one via bill credit.

Source: https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news-and-blogs/get-out-of-the-red.htm

Still a good deal either way. It depends how many lines someone needs to see if it will be cheaper. My line is currently $38 (taxes and all) on VZW due to how my plan works out. YMMV -- Pretty much the story for any carrier plan.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Amazing offer! We got another offer when we switched over which was similar but different, they also gave us free Hulu for a year! And so far for the last 2 years they have given us (everyone) free MLB.tv account. Besides switching over my family and my primary line 2 years ago, I had a 2nd line of T-Mobile much longer.

I had the famous 30 dollar a month plan. (sometimes known as the "walmart plan" but I got it right from T-Mobile) I used to compare service all the time and yes Verizon got more bars in more places, BUT as time went on T-Mobile got better and better. Consistently faster in places where they both got good signal, AND closing the gap on those places where Verizon had signal and they did not.

I have NO regrets switching over, and my bank account appreciates it greatly! lol

Opposite happened for me. Tried Tmobile for almost a week and I went totally backwards in service. I really wanted it to work because it's would be about 70-80 savings for my 11 lines. Didn't know there were 2 T-Mobile unlimited plans. The regular Tmobile one and Tmobile one plus which is equivalent to the att unlimited plus plan. Which price wise it would be close to the same. At least in my area Verizon and Att win.

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Opposite happened for me. Tried Tmobile for almost a week and I went totally backwards in service. I really wanted it to work because it's would be about 70-80 savings for my 11 lines. Didn't know there were 2 T-Mobile unlimited plans. The regular Tmobile one and Tmobile one plus which is equivalent to the att unlimited plus plan. Which price wise it would be close to the same. At least in my area Verizon and Att win.

For a good while (now over I believe) T-Mobile was running a promo that allowed us to get One Plus for free (at One price). I don't think you can get it anymore BUT if you have it, get to keep it.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Ohh that would of been nice because it's similar to the unlimited + plan I'm used too. The HD streaming and 10gb of LTE hotspot is nice

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Ohh that would of been nice because it's similar to the unlimited + plan I'm used too. The HD streaming and 10gb of LTE hotspot is nice

And I got back from Europe about a week BEFORE we switched. It would have doubled my free data speed in Europe! Ah well!

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Tried Tmobile about a year ago before moving to Cricket. Coverage was horrible both where I live and work. Left for Cricket in less than a week.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It might be an great idea for people who may be trying to rid themselves of Verizon, and where T-mobile coverage is excellent.

LillyISabelle

Apr 1, 2017
Visit site
There has to be some strings attached to this no phone company will fully pay off your phone just to switch to them, they may help yo switch but most come at an upfront cost to you

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Actually it isn't exactly like that. You can't add two lines to 1 single line to make 3 (at least not if you want the 3rd one to be free). You have to have at least 2 lines and then you can add 2 more with one of them being free.

Still a good deal either way. It depends how many lines someone needs to see if it will be cheaper. My line is currently $38 (taxes and all) on VZW due to how my plan works out. YMMV -- Pretty much the story for any carrier plan.

Thanks for the info and, as you point out, still a good deal. I guess it would work out to 4 lines for $140. It apparently also works with tablet lines; I'm tempted to add two tablet lines for $20 -- just not sure what I'd do with the second line.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen