Thinking of switching from Verizon to T Mobile - What are your experiences?

tech_fan

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I am thinking of transferring my service from Verizon to T Mobile. T Mobile's attractive pricing is making me think of switching compounded with their lack of interest in retaining me as a customer. I have spent 2 hours with them to reduce their price but they do not seem interested. They offered me their "last and final" which is really not a huge change over my current plan. All my lines are out of contract so, I am free to go anywhere without penalty.

Also, do you know any app which compares the speeds to all the carriers? I would love to go around my town testing the speeds to see what the difference might be?

Thanks

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It's been a few years since I was last on T-mobile's network, however, the general consensus is that it's network is fast and reliable. On top of that, they've spent a great deal of money to make the network and its pricing plan attractive to the point of creating what appears to be a growing customer base. If it were me, I wouldn't hesitate to go back to T-mobile if I were looking to change carriers, especially if the coverage in my area is favorable.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I have had no issues on T-Mobile, except at some airports. T-Mobile has greatly improved their network over the last few years and currently improving it again to get signal inside more buildings, airports, and other areas. People have been seeing increased speeds as well. In a good area that hasn't been improved yet I usually see around 30-50mbps down, and in not so great areas I still see 15-30mbps down on 2-3 bars of LTE.

Anastayja1

Trusted Member
Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
I made the switch from Verizon to T-Mobile and coverage for me has been great. Like Just_Me_D said T-Mobile has done a great job over the years to make their network better. I can easily say that I get coverage with T-Mobile in places where I got nothing at all with Verizon. Also, the pricing really can't be beat. Their all in with taxes included is another good perk.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I've been on Tmobile for a few years with no regrets. Paying about $60 month less with Tmobile than Verizon and the exact same coverage for my location. Getting ready to switch to the One plan with taxes included and will be saving another $25 per month.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I haven't used t-mobile in years. I switched from T-Mo to AT&T because of poor reception, at the time. I just recently switched from AT&T to Verizon for the same reason.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
My personal experience with T-Mobile are saturated lines and a ton of dropped calls. We travel a lot and have been all over the US either via car or plane and there wasn't really anywhere that we experienced crystal clear phone calls on either of the phones I owned while using their service. Getting service in big cities where we would travel for music concerts, Graceland, Universal Studios etc. was typically a bust for reception.

My X- Husband used T-Mobile for quite a few years up until recently. We speak on the phone frequently, and the call reception was extremely poor. He lives just outside of Seattle, so there's tons of towers in his location. I think his girlfriend is still using them, and I can never hear her clearly either.

The happiest I've been is with Straight Talk on the AT&T network. I always have a great connection everywhere we travel, crystal clear phone calls, and I cannot remember the last time a call was dropped. Unlimited Texts, Unlimited Calls, 5MB of data for $45 a month. We've been with them now for roughly 2 years. Couldn't be happier.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I've had a great experience with T-Mobile. The network has improved greatly over the 5 or so years I have been with them. I started out with just 1 of my 2 lines on T-Mobile and the other on Verizon. At that point the main difference was that Verizon would have signal even in the most remote locations where no one else had signal. My T-Mobile phone would have no signal. My then girlfriend's AT&T phone would have no signal, BUT my Verizon phone would have 1 bar and I would be able to make a call. HOWEVER T-Mobile has improved greatly in that department. And when you DO get a good signal it's generally much faster than Verizon. As of 2 years ago I'm all T-Mobile, no regrets! My call quality is good, and I don't have much of an issue with dropped calls.

Kilwillie

May 4, 2017
Visit site
I left T-Mobile for AT&T right when they were starting their LTE rollout, so I don't know how well they work today. However, I know at least two people that have T-Mo in the apartment complex where I live and they both have to use signal boosters to get reception in their apartments, so it must still be weak around here!

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
T-Mobile is great. I've been a customer since early 2002 and have never considered switching (although I probably would have if AT&T had succeeded in buying T-Mo back in 2011!). I can't speak personally about going from Verizon to T-Mobile, but my boyfriend switched from Verizon to T-Mobile in early 2015 and joined my plan, which has four lines for the two of us, my mom and my best friend. It's been great. He does complain of weak Wi-Fi connection some places, but I think that's because of the iPhone SE he has (I've noticed since getting an SE myself that the Wi-Fi conks out quite a bit - could that be why it has such great battery life??). I live in the NYC area, so my speeds might be a lot better than other people's, but when I did a SpeedTest on my new iPhone 7 recently, I got 62.34 Mbps down and 24.07 Mbps up, and on my 6s just two days ago, I got 51.06 down and 27.18 up. No idea what the speeds would be on Verizon, though.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods