Won't "Digits" be bad/terrible for iMessage?

bobbob1016

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
It will either break iMessage, or splinter everyone's calls/messages between their iPhone and their "Digits" (for non-iOS contacts). I can't see how that's a good thing. Is there any word on how this will work with iOS? Do you guys/gals think Apple will "open" iMessage to Digits? Steve Jobs did mention he wanted Facetime/iMessage to be open standards, but was stopped by patent trolls. Maybe this could be an escape from that?

I'm also highly concerned with the privacy aspects of "Digits" though. If you can get them on any device, that implies they're in the open on TMobile's servers. They show flip-phones accessing it. A flip-phone couldn't decrypt my messages... How is this 21st century?

Edit: It could be decent for accessing your number outside Apple's walled garden (as in devices that don't do handoff), but that's about it...

bobbob1016

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Right, but my point is/was, I don't see how it could. If I give you my "digits" to text, you can't turn on iMessage for that number unless Apple works with TMo for that.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2