Hello all,

I bought an iPhone 5S on release day last year in the U.S., and I got the T-Mobile model as it was the only one unlocked. The phone came with a T-Mobile SIM card inside which I suppose is blank as I never activated it.

I am currently in Qatar, and planning to travel to Egypt for maybe a month or two and was considering the T-Mobile Simple Choice plan to get unlimited data. I know the data speeds are limited to 128 Kbps but I saw a few posts online claiming that few roaming carriers didn't really limit the speeds so I decided I would give it a try for a month and see how it works.

Regardless of the speed, it still will be better than having a local SIM there as they have three poor carriers that cover different places, so you got to have them all if you plan on doing something a simple as a call, or FaceTime.

So I got 2 questions:
    1. Can I activate my T-Mobile Nano SIM online using their website for my iPhone 6 Plus, or I will need to be under their actual coverage in the U.S. at least once for my SIM card to complete activation. If it would activate normally, can I subscribe to the daily plan to make sure it's activated then migrate to a Simple Choice plan the next day?

2. If I go for the prepaid (no credit check) Simple Choice plan, as I don't have a social security number, or a U.S. Credit card, will I be able to enjoy the roaming benefits, or it will only work for local US coverage only.

Thanks in advance.
    04-20-2015 10:11 AM
    Perhaps the T-Mobile support forums might get you a quicker answer... http://support.t-mobile.com/
    04-20-2015 02:25 PM
    Perhaps the T-Mobile support forums might get you a quicker answer... http://support.t-mobile.com/
    Yeah, I figured this out, but what was faster that I go through the process and see how it will work.

I am now activated on T-Mobile, and already roaming. Got an issue though, the FaceTime app disappeared and no longer an option in settings not sure why.

I am currently in Qatar, local SIMs here all support FaceTime, and I also tried my Egyptian local SIM and it has FaceTime enabled, so not sure what the issue could be.
    04-20-2015 02:27 PM
    Hey could u please help me aslo how to activate my t- mobile sim card too im in india and going to usa in this month i am planning to activate this sim itself can u please tel me the procedure
    07-14-2015 10:42 AM
    Please let me know, how you activated the T-Mobile SIM from abroad.
    08-17-2015 03:14 AM