Have a T-Mobile question? Ask an RSM!

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone!

Some of you may remember me when I had a similar thread over on the Verizon sub-forum, back when I was a Verizon RSM. Well, fast forward a year and a half, and I am now an RSM @ T-Mobile!

Actually, I've been here since January 2014, but I kept forgetting to start a new one of these. With that being said, if anyone has any questions that relate to T-Mobile and its services/products, please don't hesitate to ask. I lurk around these forums on a daily basis, so I will get to all questions in a fairly timely manner. I know the ins and outs of T-Mobile, so ask away!

I am also on Twitter, and actively helping people on there as well. My Twitter handle is @jetlifeual, and I am on there on a constant basis. Also, I'm located in Northern NJ (my store is on the edge of Paterson and Hawthorne on Route 20) so feel free to stop by if any of you are local.

With that being said........let the questions rain! :cool:

Last edited:

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone!

Some of you may remember me when I had a similar thread over on the Verizon sub-forum, back when I was a Verizon RSM. Well, fast forward a year and a half, and I am now an RSM @ T-Mobile!

Actually, I've been here since January 2014, but I kept forgetting to start a new one of these. With that being said, if anyone has any questions that related to T-Mobile and its services/products, please don't hesitate to ask. I lurk around these forums on a daily basis, so I will get to all questions in a fairly timely manner. I know the ins and outs of T-Mobile, so ask away!

I am also on Twitter, and actively helping people on there as well. My Twitter handle is @jetlifeual, and I am on there on a constant basis. Also, I'm located in Northern NJ (my store is on the edge of Paterson and Hawthorn on Route 20) so feel free to stop by if any of you are local.

With that being said........let the questions rain! :cool:

Awesome!!!! I'm sure there are many questions coming your way!!!

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Neurodave,

Weird question for you. If I use the JUMP! program to upgrade, how many installment plans can I have running? I found out that I can do two phones at once on accident. I purchased an iPhone 6 Cyber Monday, then called customer service to find out where to send my 5s. I was offered the option to keep both and continue to pay on them!

So my curiosity has me asking... How many phones can I be paying on at one time?!?

It's an odd request but thank you in advance for answering.

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
It depends on the max $ amount they are willing to give your account for EIP. I have seen customers with 3-4 phones on EIP on ONE single phone line. I just had a JUMP! customer come in yesterday to do a JUMP with one of my reps from a Note 4 to an iPhone 6 Plus. She also had 2 other phones on there, one which she lost (and was cheap, so she didn't bother going through insurance) and another was for someone else.

P.S. The max I have seen in terms of EIP has been in the mid-$4000 range. Keep in mind, those amounts vary by account, and amount of lines. A very good credit account with 10 active lines would NOT be able to EIP on all lines with such a low EIP limit, so I'm sure they're able to get much higher amounts.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
It depends on the max $ amount they are willing to give your account for EIP. I have seen customers with 3-4 phones on EIP on ONE single phone line. I just had a JUMP! customer come in yesterday to do a JUMP with one of my reps from a Note 4 to an iPhone 6 Plus. She also had 2 other phones on there, one which she lost (and was cheap, so she didn't bother going through insurance) and another was for someone else.

P.S. The max I have seen in terms of EIP has been in the mid-$4000 range. Keep in mind, those amounts vary by account, and amount of lines. A very good credit account with 10 active lines would NOT be able to EIP on all lines with such a low EIP limit, so I'm sure they're able to get much higher amounts.

The EIP amount range, is that factoring in the total amount of the phones? Say for example you'd only qualified by putting half down? Then would your limit be including the full price of the device or just the balance still owed on it?

Also, you can use JUMP! again anytime if you pay off a device right? Like how I paid off the 5s and now am only paying on the iPhone 6. I hadn't owned either device more than 3 months though. Am I eligible?

Thanks again for this, I'm being curious as I know I'll end up with 2 installments again eventually...

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
The EIP range is the same for well-qualified and the half down customers. Say, for example, you had to put half the price of an iPhone 6 down. While you already paid roughly $330 for the phone, the remaining EIP amount would be roughly $400 (excluding the other $300+ dollars you still owe on said iPhone), since the limit of each device that can be purchased is $750. However, in those "half down" scenarios, the MAXIMUM EIP for that one line is more than likely going to be $750 +/-. So the most devices they could have is about 2, maybe 3 if the phone is cheap enough.

For better credit customers, those limits grow substantially, so you can have as many EIP plans on one line as your limit allows. Again, all varies by credit rating, and also customer tenure and payment habits (paying on time, no suspensions, etc).

BUT, even a well qualified customer will have to leave something down if the device passes the $750 price tag. If you wanted an iPhone 6 Plus in 64GB, you'd have to leave $100 down, plus the taxes. Again, it's all about not passing that $750 EIP limit at one single time.

And yes, you can use JUMP! as long as you reach that 1/2 of the price of the phone payment requirement. The older JUMP! however requires that you waited 6 months before being eligible.

will cotto

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Ok I have an iPhone 6 plus and I would like to use the jump plan to get the 128 gig would I have to still pay a down payment on the next phone

rdubmu

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Ok I have an iPhone 6 plus and I would like to use the jump plan to get the 128 gig would I have to still pay a down payment on the next phone

Yes you would. It would be $199 if you qualify for the best pricing, plus any sales tax if you have any... And around $30 per month for the device itself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I have a quick question. What is the best way for people to save money on their monthly plans? I am currently paying $210/mo for three lines. One of which is a basic line and only has 1gb of free data. The other two each are paying for data, an EIP, and jump. I am just wondering if there are any ways to save a few dollars a month on my bill. I used to have a monthly discount, and since they removed that my bill has gone up about $15/mo which makes me a little sad that T-Mobile decided to eliminate that.

rdubmu

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I have a quick question. What is the best way for people to save money on their monthly plans? I am currently paying $210/mo for three lines. One of which is a basic line and only has 1gb of free data. The other two each are paying for data, an EIP, and jump. I am just wondering if there are any ways to save a few dollars a month on my bill. I used to have a monthly discount, and since they removed that my bill has gone up about $15/mo which makes me a little sad that T-Mobile decided to eliminate that.

Looks like you have some EIP payments on your account? Best way to reduce this is to pay full price for your phone(s)

John Flud

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I got a question. this thread looks like its a few months old but if you're still around and see this, I'd like an answer.

I just switched to T-mobile because its cheaper than AT&T. I now have unlimited LTE, and thankfully reception is good where I live and work which covers most of my needs just fine. its worth the savings on my bill if I have to deal with poor network access sometimes since its solid where I am most of the time, home and work. the wifi calling feature helps too.

however through research I've learned that T-mobile has recently acquired band 12: 700mhz from verizon and is now deploying this which will allow wider LTE coverage and it will go through buildings better.

I have an iphone 6 plus, which doesn't support this band. is t-moble improving the network, not just with band 12, but with the bands too, the ones currently supported by the iphone 6 plus, so that I too will see improvements of coverage (not just in speed but in access in more areas) as time progresses, or will I have to upgrade to the newer iphone (which hopefully will have band 12 support) to really see the new and improved network coverage?

John Flud

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
oh and one more. I got the unlimited everything plan, but it does have a limited hotspot of 5 gigs. what happens if I exceed that? will it slow down just for hotspotting or for everything, or would I see a fee?

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
T-Mobile is implementing a few upgrades on the network which are boosting speeds throughout. Yes, band 12 compatible devices will generally see stronger signal, coverage and speeds in the areas that support it. But overall, everyone will see a speed upgrade. In my area, speeds went from about 20-30Mbps to as high as 85Mbps in some spots. I'm sure that will hold you in the meantime as I'm sure that beginning with the iPhone 6s band 12 support will be built right in.

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
There are no charges for going over 5GB, however the reports have been conflicting. Some customers have ultimately been cut on their hotspot access until the month renews, others have been throttled. I have it understood that it just stops working all together, but either way you won't see a fee of any sort. It'll either stop working, or work slowly. And IIRC, they are boosting that 5GB to 7GB, so that should be pretty good for MOST users.

EricandSuebee

May 31, 2013
Visit site
So I currently have AT&T and I want to try out T-Mobile's service, does your company offer any type of test drive service where I could go down and "sign out" a smartphone for a couple days and see how the service, signal etc.. is? If it's as good as I hear I want to switch to the Jump on demand plan.

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Yes, we offer a 14 day trial period. We will even pay to switch you back to your old carrier if you don't like us. You can sign up online for it or in-store. If you do it online, you generally receive the phone next day...

Quantom Slayer

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
Hello I'm planning on switching to T-Mobile but first I will buy my own GSM phone, (the find 7) I want to know if it will work on the T-mobile bands or not. Find 7 supported bands/networks are (GSM, WCDMA (HSUPA, HSDPA), FDD-LTE, GSM: 850/900/1800/1900MHz, WCDMA: 850/900/1900/2100MHz, FDD-LTE: 1800 /2100 /2600MHz.)

Audizine

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi
I am currently under contract with Verizon. I'm not on the EDGE program.
I'm thinking about switching to T-mobile. I have two lines (me and wife) and the $100/mo for 10GB each sounds good. Sometimes I go over 10GB but that's fine, since they have no overage charge and also data stash.
My question is... Since I am under contract, and T-mobile will reimburse me for the ETF, do I have to trade in my iPhones? Even tho I am not on the EDGE program?
If I don't have to trade it in... Can I bring my Verizon iPhones to T-mobile? I plan on bringing one over (iPhone 6) and get a new one (iPhone 6S) Is this possible?
Thanks!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods