To my understanding, tmobile is the only US carrier that allows wifi calling to date. I was thinking of switching from AT&T to tmobile just to have this feature. Problem is, I've had tmobile in the past and the service was horrible. Really bad reception in my area, but that was with a different phone. I'm trying that new "test drive" thing tmobile is doing right now, but I'm still a little skeptical.

I would really like this feature but it is worth the shoddy service ? Do you think the other carriers will offer this, now that iOS 8 will have it ?
    06-23-2014 04:16 PM
    It's possible that other carriers will offer it, but that remains to be seen. T-mobile has come a long way and may indeed be a good fit for you nowadays. How is the "test drive" working out for you, thus far?
    06-23-2014 05:04 PM
    I think that if T-Mobile has great coverage in your area, it is totally worth it. One of the few carriers that offer unlimited unthrottled data, and it's blazing fast. I think Test Drive will help with your decision, and you might find that you don't need WiFi calling if your coverage is good.
    06-23-2014 05:05 PM
    If T-Mobile has good coverage where you live, work, and play it's a great value for the money!

As for wifi calling, I don't think that's available on the iPhones though. Not that I've seen.

Eventually they'll be moving to VoLTE.

Sent from another beautiful blue using Tapatalk Pro.
    06-23-2014 06:13 PM
    If T-Mobile has good coverage where you live, work, and play it's a great value for the money!

As for wifi calling, I don't think that's available on the iPhones though. Not that I've seen.

Eventually they'll be moving to VoLTE.

It was announced at WWDC that iOS 8 will have WiFi calling enabled for T-Mobile.
    06-23-2014 06:56 PM
    It was announced at WWDC that iOS 8 will have WiFi calling enabled for T-Mobile.
    But do the older devices have the hardware or only the iPhone 6 will?

06-23-2014 07:10 PM
    But do the older devices have the hardware or only the iPhone 6 will?

Not announced afaik. But I think it is probably software only so hopefully older devices will get it.
    06-23-2014 07:15 PM
    you get your test drive phone yet? i am wholly unimpressed. i keep switching from edge to 4g to lte. every time i notice i am on lte and i try to do a speed test... it immediately switched back to 4g. grr.

i wish my att moto x was unlocked. so i could slap the tmo sim in it and try the wifi calling. i might even be able to lock in on lte then.
    06-24-2014 06:56 PM
    you get your test drive phone yet? i am wholly unimpressed. i keep switching from edge to 4g to lte. every time i notice i am on lte and i try to do a speed test... it immediately switched back to 4g. grr.

i wish my att moto x was unlocked. so i could slap the tmo sim in it and try the wifi calling. i might even be able to lock in on lte then.
    You could install iOS 8 beta. Although I'm not sure they've enabled wifi calling in it yet. I think that maybe you should backup and restore your 5S and see if that fixes it. If it doesn't, I'd be inclined to think its a tmob problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    honkey haze likes this.
    06-24-2014 07:11 PM
    HD voice is already enabled, that paired with wifi calling when iOS 8 is released will be awesome. I really like t-mobile overall in my area. I've had every carrier lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-27-2014 05:55 PM