Is T-mobile worth it? Will other carriers off Wi-Fi calling?

Danny Olivo

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
To my understanding, tmobile is the only US carrier that allows wifi calling to date. I was thinking of switching from AT&T to tmobile just to have this feature. Problem is, I've had tmobile in the past and the service was horrible. Really bad reception in my area, but that was with a different phone. I'm trying that new "test drive" thing tmobile is doing right now, but I'm still a little skeptical.

I would really like this feature but it is worth the shoddy service ? Do you think the other carriers will offer this, now that iOS 8 will have it ?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It's possible that other carriers will offer it, but that remains to be seen. T-mobile has come a long way and may indeed be a good fit for you nowadays. How is the "test drive" working out for you, thus far?

iHackPro

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I think that if T-Mobile has great coverage in your area, it is totally worth it. One of the few carriers that offer unlimited unthrottled data, and it's blazing fast. I think Test Drive will help with your decision, and you might find that you don't need WiFi calling if your coverage is good.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
If T-Mobile has good coverage where you live, work, and play it's a great value for the money!

As for wifi calling, I don't think that's available on the iPhones though. Not that I've seen.

Eventually they'll be moving to VoLTE.

Sent from another beautiful blue using Tapatalk Pro.

iHackPro

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
If T-Mobile has good coverage where you live, work, and play it's a great value for the money!

As for wifi calling, I don't think that's available on the iPhones though. Not that I've seen.

Eventually they'll be moving to VoLTE.

Sent from another beautiful blue using Tapatalk Pro.

It was announced at WWDC that iOS 8 will have WiFi calling enabled for T-Mobile.

honkey haze

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
you get your test drive phone yet? i am wholly unimpressed. i keep switching from edge to 4g to lte. every time i notice i am on lte and i try to do a speed test... it immediately switched back to 4g. grr.

i wish my att moto x was unlocked. so i could slap the tmo sim in it and try the wifi calling. i might even be able to lock in on lte then.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
you get your test drive phone yet? i am wholly unimpressed. i keep switching from edge to 4g to lte. every time i notice i am on lte and i try to do a speed test... it immediately switched back to 4g. grr.

i wish my att moto x was unlocked. so i could slap the tmo sim in it and try the wifi calling. i might even be able to lock in on lte then.

You could install iOS 8 beta. Although I'm not sure they've enabled wifi calling in it yet. I think that maybe you should backup and restore your 5S and see if that fixes it. If it doesn't, I'd be inclined to think its a tmob problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shanicenicolle

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
HD voice is already enabled, that paired with wifi calling when iOS 8 is released will be awesome. I really like t-mobile overall in my area. I've had every carrier lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2