Hi Guys,

So I'm looking into something because I've really had quite a bad experience with AT&T while I've been here for almost 4 years. I initially went to AT&T because I was waiting for the iPhone to come out at Verizon (I loved Verizon btw) and I was impatient and switched over to AT&T instead. I've had a lot of reception issues with AT&T and just overall unhappy. I was looking into switching over to T-Mobile and have them pay for my cancellation fee and I'll just pay for a phone in monthly installments.

This is my question....I currently have 3 phones on my AT&T line (I let my friend add 2 lines to mine). I want to cancel all three lines and go to T-mobile but with only one line. Will T-mobile pay for the cancellation for all 3 lines if I am just getting 1 line for T-mobile?

Anyone who has done this before please let me know!!!!
    06-05-2014 03:41 PM
    Hi Guys,

So I'm looking into something because I've really had quite a bad experience with AT&T while I've been here for almost 4 years. I initially went to AT&T because I was waiting for the iPhone to come out at Verizon (I loved Verizon btw) and I was impatient and switched over to AT&T instead. I've had a lot of reception issues with AT&T and just overall unhappy. I was looking into switching over to T-Mobile and have them pay for my cancellation fee and I'll just pay for a phone in monthly installments.

This is my question....I currently have 3 phones on my AT&T line (I let my friend add 2 lines to mine). I want to cancel all three lines and go to T-mobile but with only one line. Will T-mobile pay for the cancellation for all 3 lines if I am just getting 1 line for T-mobile?

Anyone who has done this before please let me know!!!!
    That would be incredibly doubtful. Why would they pay that without getting the benefit of all 3 lines?

The bottom line would be: ASK THEM.
    06-05-2014 03:59 PM
    Nope. They will only pay for one line.
    06-05-2014 04:02 PM
    Moved to T-Mobile section.
    06-05-2014 04:15 PM
    They are not going to pay the ETF for three lines when you're only going to activate 1 on their network. Also, have you told the friend that you plan on canceling the lines he or she is using?
    06-05-2014 04:31 PM
    Why not leave and let the friend pay for the 2 remaining lines?
    06-05-2014 07:05 PM
    They'll only pay for one
    06-05-2014 09:51 PM
    They won't pay for ETF for three lines when you're only activating one line.
    06-05-2014 09:54 PM
    They will only pay for the one line since you are only opening one line with them. In order for them to pay the ETF, you have to open a line of service and trade in your device from the other carrier.

You could do a change of responsibility for your friend's lines meaning he would take over payments with AT&T and the account would be put into his name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    serglb likes this.
    06-06-2014 12:59 PM