Switch From AT&T to T-Mobile? ETF?

sparker04

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys,

So I'm looking into something because I've really had quite a bad experience with AT&T while I've been here for almost 4 years. I initially went to AT&T because I was waiting for the iPhone to come out at Verizon (I loved Verizon btw) and I was impatient and switched over to AT&T instead. I've had a lot of reception issues with AT&T and just overall unhappy. I was looking into switching over to T-Mobile and have them pay for my cancellation fee and I'll just pay for a phone in monthly installments.

This is my question....I currently have 3 phones on my AT&T line (I let my friend add 2 lines to mine). I want to cancel all three lines and go to T-mobile but with only one line. Will T-mobile pay for the cancellation for all 3 lines if I am just getting 1 line for T-mobile?

Anyone who has done this before please let me know!!!!

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guys,

So I'm looking into something because I've really had quite a bad experience with AT&T while I've been here for almost 4 years. I initially went to AT&T because I was waiting for the iPhone to come out at Verizon (I loved Verizon btw) and I was impatient and switched over to AT&T instead. I've had a lot of reception issues with AT&T and just overall unhappy. I was looking into switching over to T-Mobile and have them pay for my cancellation fee and I'll just pay for a phone in monthly installments.

This is my question....I currently have 3 phones on my AT&T line (I let my friend add 2 lines to mine). I want to cancel all three lines and go to T-mobile but with only one line. Will T-mobile pay for the cancellation for all 3 lines if I am just getting 1 line for T-mobile?

Anyone who has done this before please let me know!!!!

That would be incredibly doubtful. Why would they pay that without getting the benefit of all 3 lines?

The bottom line would be: ASK THEM.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
They are not going to pay the ETF for three lines when you're only going to activate 1 on their network. Also, have you told the friend that you plan on canceling the lines he or she is using?

vjh425

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
They will only pay for the one line since you are only opening one line with them. In order for them to pay the ETF, you have to open a line of service and trade in your device from the other carrier.

You could do a change of responsibility for your friend's lines meaning he would take over payments with AT&T and the account would be put into his name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal