I am planning to jump ship from Verizon in the coming days, and it looks like T-Mobile may be my most economic bet. I have also toyed with the idea of getting one of those new Shared plans that AT&T recently introduced for non-contract customers, but their pricing is a bit higher than T-Mobile.

My only concern with T-Mobile is their coverage. I have heard a 50/50 split of good and bad and I'm not sure if they will be reliable enough for me.

Anyone have some personal experiences they can share?
    01-24-2014 03:55 PM
    I used to have it and the coverage in NYC was pretty good.
    01-24-2014 04:21 PM
    Depends also on how much you plan to travel, and where -- can drop to 2G along interstates away from major urban centres.

But in the city, it's great.
    01-29-2014 05:16 PM
    Check coverage maps...T-Mobile's are pretty accurate, but check Sensorly.
    01-29-2014 07:25 PM
    I am planning to jump ship from Verizon in the coming days, and it looks like T-Mobile may be my most economic bet. I have also toyed with the idea of getting one of those new Shared plans that AT&T recently introduced for non-contract customers, but their pricing is a bit higher than T-Mobile.

My only concern with T-Mobile is their coverage. I have heard a 50/50 split of good and bad and I'm not sure if they will be reliable enough for me.

Anyone have some personal experiences they can share?
    The service for New York is amazing. I use roughly 15gb a month and haven't had any issues with the service or customer care personally. I joined as soon as they announced the no contracts. What I like from them compared to Verizon is they unlocked my phones no questions asked soon as I paid them off. The bill is consistent. I haven't really noticed any dead spots. After the merger of metro, I don't know if they started to refarm the acquired spectrum but I've been gradually getting increased service in places I haven't had. Jersey is usually consistent. And Connecticut idk

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    02-12-2014 11:56 PM