Free T-Mobile LTE data on my iPad Air!

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I am now using T-Mobiles new 200MB free promotional data plan on my AT&T iPad Air and surprisingly their LTE speeds are pretty darn good in my are of Bucks County, PA. This new promotional plan of T-Mobiles is great considering I won't use more than 200MB of data every month anyway. :)

terybysy.jpg

Sent from my iPad Air.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Congrats! It's awesome that apple only released one wifi + cellular model for the US, gives us the consumer options. That's also the thing I like most about T-Mobile, having flexibility. I have only been with them a few months but so far so great.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Congrats! It's awesome that apple only released one wifi + cellular model for the US, gives us the consumer options. That's also the thing I like most about T-Mobile, having flexibility. I have only been with them a few months but so far so great.
I would love to be able to use T-Mobile with my iPhone service too. Unfortunately as you can see from my thread, I still can't do this yet due to network related issues. http://forums.imore.com/t-mobile/271184-t-mobile-still-spotty-bucks-county-pa.html#post2138115

jagfan2

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm also using it on my vzn iPad mini retina that was delivered yesterday. TMO has very good cell service in most areas of FL. I know 200MB is not much but it will do in a pinch. It is the same amount I have on my iPhone 5 and I've never gone over. I have a prepaid TMO hotspot that we use in the RV. Buy data only when we need it.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I am now using T-Mobiles new 200MB free promotional data plan on my AT&T iPad Air and surprisingly their LTE speeds are pretty darn good in my are of Bucks County, PA. This new promotional plan of T-Mobiles is great considering I won't use more than 200MB of data every month anyway. :)

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/17/terybysy.jpg

Sent from my iPad Air.

How do I sign up for just the free data ?

kona314

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I use this on my Verizon iPad (3rd generation), and although I can't get LTE (only HSPA+), I still love the plan. It's the perfect amount for me!

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
How do I sign up for just the free data ?

Go to T-Mobiles website and purchase the Nano SIM card for $10 shipped. Once you get it turn WiFi off and cellular on, then open Safari. You should then see a box pop up telling you to sign up for a data plan. Just follow the instructions and you'll get the 200MB free data plan.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Go to T-Mobiles website and purchase the Nano SIM card for $10 shipped. Once you get it turn WiFi off and cellular on, then open Safari. You should then see a box pop up telling you to sign up for a data plan. Just follow the instructions and you'll get the 200MB free data plan.

Does it run credit and everything like a new customer ?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Does it run credit and everything like a new customer ?

Not at all. Actually they don't even ask for your credit card info or address. The only info it asked me for was my name and home phone number. Then I picked a password and the data plan. Shortly after hitting submit I received an email from T-Mobile about my plan, along with my iPad number and PIN number.....

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Not at all. Actually they don't even ask for your credit card info or address. The only info it asked me for was my name and home phone number. Then I picked a password and the data plan. Shortly after hitting submit I received an email from T-Mobile about my plan, along with my iPad number and PIN number.....

The air is a micro sim ? Correct ?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Just got my tmobile sim worked like a charm ! Free data for life I'll take that lol
And signal is 5 bars at my house .. At about 15 down

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Just got my tmobile sim worked like a charm ! Free data for life I'll take that lol
And signal is 5 bars at my house .. At about 15 down

Hey glad you got this to work. Not sure if you know this or not, but you can order another free SIM card from my link above and set up another 200 MB of free data on your iPad Air. This will give you 400 MB of free data. When you use up the 200 MB of data for the month on one Sim simply pop in the second sim and you're good to go with another 200 MB for the month. Haven't set my second sim up yet as I still have data left over, but will when I run out, lol.

Sent from my iPad Air.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Hey glad you got this to work. Not sure if you know this or not, but you can order another free SIM card from my link above and set up another 200 MB of free data on your iPad Air. This will give you 400 MB of free data. When you use up the 200 MB of data for the month on one Sim simply pop in the second sim and you're good to go with another 200 MB for the month. Haven't set my second sim up yet as I still have data left over, but will when I run out, lol.

Sent from my iPad Air.

It wasn't free when I got my first one I paid 10 bucks but I just ordered 2 more for free lol
So 600 mb lol

Only thing I can see it if i use my name and address again to set up new sims
And if they are registered to the same device it might not work but for free I'm willing to try lol

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
T-Mobiles LTE on my iPad Air!

It wasn't free when I got my first one I paid 10 bucks but I just ordered 2 more for free lol
So 600 mb lol

Only thing I can see it if i use my name and address again to set up new sims
And if they are registered to the same device it might not work but for free I'm willing to try lol

From what I have read on other forums, there doesn't seem to be issues for anyone that is doing this. As I said, though, I haven't tried it myself yet. 600 MB free sounds awesome! Lol :D

Sent from my iPad Air.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
From what I have read on other forums about this, there doesn't seem to be issues for anyone that is doing this. Has I said, though, I haven't tried it myself yet. 600 MB free sounds awesome! Lol :D

Sent from my iPad Air.

For free ill even get a little SIM card carry case haha