Bad T-Mobile Reception in Milwaukee WI

Ulairi

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
My husband and I moved from San Francisco to Milwaukee and we switched to T-Mobile and my iPhone 5 is getting really bad reception. Is there away to boost it or anything? T-Mobile says that we are in a strong coverage area. I'm going to the store today to see what they say. Thanks!

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
My husband and I moved from San Francisco to Milwaukee and we switched to T-Mobile and my iPhone 5 is getting really bad reception. Is there away to boost it or anything? T-Mobile says that we are in a strong coverage area. I'm going to the store today to see what they say. Thanks!
T-Mobile coverage is relatively poor in WI. It seems to be limited to the more populated urban areas. Other than having them check to see if the towers are functioning in your area, there isn't too much you can do.

Good luck.

Sent From My iPhone 5 Using Tapatalk

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Are you still within your 14 day trial period? If so, you may have to leave and find a carrier that gets better reception in that area. T-Mobile used to give out Cell Boosters to help with in house reception. However, as of June 2013 T-Mobile stopped giving these out indefinitely. I would call T-Mobiles cancellation dept. and see what if anything they can do to help you.

Ulairi

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
iPhone 5 signal strength isn't as strong as the S4?

Last night I was in the T-Mobile store trying to get away for my phone to get some service in my apartment. We have T-Mobile and according to their website we are a strong signal area but anywhere near my apartment I get no service or very little service. The guy at T-Mobile gave us new SIM cards and said if this doesn't work we should switch to the S4 because it would work. That doesn't sound right to me but we do need phones. I don't want to switch off Apple because Siri works with Chinese and everything I do is already tied into the phone. Is there a way to get a booster?

Ever since we moved from California to Wisconsin all technology has sucked for us.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: iPhone 5 signal strength isn't as strong as the S4?

I've never owned an S4 so I don't know about the signal strength of it. As for your iPhone, do you have a case on it? If so, how is the signal without the case? Also, are you still able to receive phone calls while at your apartment? If so, I wouldn't be too concerned, especially if you're simply going by the device's signal strength meter.

Ulairi

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site

we cannot receive calls. we get the no service warning. we don't care about using the mobile network for downloads because we have wifi but we would like calls. can i set up wifi calling on the iphone?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Oh okay. Well, you can definitely used the FaceTime app for Wi-Fi video calling, but the recipient must also have an Apple device with FaceTime enabled. ooVoo is another service that is similar. Google Voice may be of some assistance to you. You can learn about it via the following link. Google Voice - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Last night I was in the T-Mobile store trying to get away for my phone to get some service in my apartment. We have T-Mobile and according to their website we are a strong signal area but anywhere near my apartment I get no service or very little service. The guy at T-Mobile gave us new SIM cards and said if this doesn't work we should switch to the S4 because it would work. That doesn't sound right to me but we do need phones. I don't want to switch off Apple because Siri works with Chinese and everything I do is already tied into the phone. Is there a way to get a booster?

Ever since we moved from California to Wisconsin all technology has sucked for us.

Hi, I merged your new thread with this one. Please try to keep your T-Mobile reception related issues in one thread as it will make it easier for other members to help you as well as prevent duplicate responses.... As I said above, T-Mobile no longer gives out cell boosters. As far as the GS4 VS the iPhone signal, at work I have coworkers that use both the iPhone and either the GS3 or GS4. Those of us with the iPhone 4S and the 5 get better service. There are times that those with the Galaxy phones have to move closer to the windows or doors to get their messages to go through. From what I have read and experienced through my own use of, Samsungs are not the best when it comes to reception.... You may just have to try another service provider....

Last edited:

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I agree with what IR said above. My co-workers with S3 and S4 do not get any better reception than the ones with iPhone 4S or 5.

My brief experience with the GSM Galaxy has been the same even though I am in a strong AT&T area.

I do have a TM prepay SIM and have poor reception with it. However, I don't recall having no reception at all in urban areas such as Milwaukee.

If the new SIM doesn't work, I agree that you need to look into a different provider.

Good luck.

Sent From My iPhone 5 Using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77