T-Mobile to AT&T or Verizon

TomK1965

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

New to the forum and looking for some answers/advice. After being a long time Verizon customer I decided to switch to T-Mobile this past May 5th. Even though my reception and LTE coverage in Philadelphia is generally good, unfortunately in my apartment I have "No Service". Sometimes I can get 1 bar by standing by my bedroom window, and if I go outside I may get 2 bars. I've been talking with T-Mobile tech support, and after several attempts to correct the problem, I was told the problem their signal is unable to penetrate my brick walls. With Verizon I had always had two or three bars. Even though I do not blame T-Mobile, I will have to find another carrier since my mobile phone is my contact point for my employer, friends, family, etc., and it has really become a problem.

I paid for my iPhone 5 in full and have met the 40 day requirement to unlock the phone. My question is it possible to switch over to AT&T using the same phone I purchased from T-Mobile? I know Verizon uses a different network, but is possible to go to Verizon? Sorry, I am not a tech person and I never did this before, so I am not sure how all this works. Any advice would be appreciated too.

Thanks.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Verizon will not activate a device that was not specifically OEMed for them... if TMobile unlocks it, you should be able to use it with AT&T.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
With your question being answered, I'd like to welcome to iMore. Thank you for choosing to be a part of this community and we're glad to have you and hope that you will become an active & happy member. In the meantime, please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the Community Rules & Guidelines. Thanks again for joining and again, welcome to iMore...:)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711