Are you still into Super Mario Run?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Are you still into Super Mario Run now that the game launch has come and gone? Have you beat the game yet? Are there enough challenges to keep you interested?

I have to admit, while I did beat the game rather quick, there are so many challenges (collecting all the coins!) and rallies to keep me entertained. I was a bit upset at first that there weren't any more levels... but it seems as time goes on I'm feeling the game is more robust than many are giving it credit for.

I'm still hopeful more levels WILL come in an update, but still, I play the game daily and have no regrets about my purchase.

You?

G323q569

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I still thoroughly enjoy it. I probably play it almost daily. Not usually all that long - sometimes like 30 minutes - but I still think it's fun. I like Toad Rally, once I figured it out and the dynamics of it more though. So I am usually playing it. Although I will still try and collect all the pink/purple/black coins too.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I still thoroughly enjoy it. I probably play it almost daily. Not usually all that long - sometimes like 30 minutes - but I still think it's fun. I like Toad Rally, once I figured it out and the dynamics of it more though. So I am usually playing it. Although I will still try and collect all the pink/purple/black coins too.

Agreed. I'm finding a lot of challenges and fun things to do to keep me entertained. I'm surprised there isn't more love for the game long term.

G323q569

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Right! I think people thought it was going to be some giant extravagant game - which it sort of is if they'd give it the chance.
But I also think people are so used to updates for games, whether they be for phones or consoles that the thought was carried over to Mario Run.

duckduckgoose

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Still playing daily since launch trying to collect all the coins. It's a really good game, but just wish you could go in both directions to collect stuff you missed!

iPhone1033

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
I collected all the colored coins (pink, purple and black) last week. Ever since then I don't play it anymore. It was a challenge to collect them all. Now that I have them in don't know what to do

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I was recently gifted an iTunes gift card and used part of it on this game. I've beaten the entire game. Collected all the black coins on the first 4 worlds. I have lost motivation to continue that grind for the last two worlds. (I've collected all the pink coins in those worlds and a few purple coins)

I've got around 1100 Toads in Toad Rally as well.

That being said, I'm not sure about the long term for this game. It took me about 2 weeks to be where I am now. Once I've collected all the coins (assuming I'm dedicated enough to continue) I'm not sure if I'll keep playing. Toad Rally is fun but I will have little incentive to continue playing that. I've also got over 30k coins and I haven't found a real reason to spend them. I'm not as interested in decorating my kingdom so it seems like a waste.

Currently my goal is to unlock Luigi as I've got all the other characters. Once I've unlocked him and collected the remaining black coins I'll see where my interest lies.

mrcordell74

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site
I'm still into it myself and hope more levels will come but from what I read, Nintendo doesn't have plans to add more levels bummer well until then play again.

Greek Geek

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Agreed. I'm finding a lot of challenges and fun things to do to keep me entertained. I'm surprised there isn't more love for the game long term.

Totally love this game! I know what you mean that once we've done everything this will probably get played less, but will last just about right until the Nintendo Switch comes out in March. (where I think alot of people will be shifting their focus by that point). But who knows, maybe Nintendo will surprise us and create more iPhone games on iOS in the future aswell. Would love it if they bring out a Zelda game for it!

Greek Geek

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Nope , I'm done with this game?????? It needs more levels and then I know everyone will be back on board.

Yeah, would definitely welcome more levels being added on. (even if it's bonus add on content)./ Have you collected all the extra levels given in the colored pipes?

(I've unlocked the pink pipe bonus level, but still have lots to collect through the kingdom builder before I can unlock the other colored pipes, so will keep playing it until I've done that. But once I've done those, I'll pretty much have ran out of stuff. So will most likely stop playing it too after that point unless any more surprise add-ons turn up. (They've added some updates this morning that give it an easy mode, so it does seem like they're tweaking it still to some extent, but no new levels as of yet).

One tweak I wish they would have done though is the ability to play it in an offline mode and just do the online data sync when you're near a WiFi connection, rather than just not being able to play it at all. (not that this is all that relevant now)

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
It's a good game but I feel like it's popularity will die down a bit in the coming days.

As with all games that have huge popularity. It does wear off quite quickly. Especially if nothing gets added like new levels. I'm still really excited for it to come to Android. :D It will give the game new life and i think a lot more people will start to play. Might even excite IOS users who have been playing for a little while. Hopefully with the Android release comes new levels.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
YES - I hope for new levels, that'd be amazing.

Surprisingly for me, I'm STILL playing the game. Probably helps that I've always been a huge Nintendo fan... but I've found the coin challenges and rally formats really keep me engaged. That is, I suppose, until I make out my toad tally (9999) and capture all the coins. At which point I'll probably put down the game.

duckduckgoose

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Still playing as well. Purchased on the first day, got all the pink coins about half of the purple and 30 or so black coins. Been mostly playing Rally lately though. I really kick butt on the ship levels in Rally, which is where you can get every color toad when you win.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
YES - I hope for new levels, that'd be amazing.

Surprisingly for me, I'm STILL playing the game. Probably helps that I've always been a huge Nintendo fan... but I've found the coin challenges and rally formats really keep me engaged. That is, I suppose, until I make out my toad tally (9999) and capture all the coins. At which point I'll probably put down the game.
3 weeks later, you still playing, @James Falconer ? A bit ago I was wondering if anyone was and came to this thread. I had completely forgotten about it, while my son and I are still playing Pokémon Go with the latest Pokémon characters released.

duckduckgoose

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
3 weeks later, you still playing, @James Falconer ? A bit ago I was wondering if anyone was and came to this thread. I had completely forgotten about it, while my son and I are still playing Pokémon Go with the latest Pokémon characters released.

Not James, but I'm still playing although not nearly as much. I maxed out my toads at 9999, finished all the pink coins, most of the purple and some of the black coins. All the spaces in my kingdom are full, and I've gotten almost every available thing you can buy. But I've hit a wall and can't seem to finish any more which has frustrated me to no end. Rally is the only thing that seems like fun anymore.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Not James, but I'm still playing although not nearly as much. I maxed out my toads at 9999, finished all the pink coins, most of the purple and some of the black coins. All the spaces in my kingdom are full, and I've gotten almost every available thing you can buy. But I've hit a wall and can't seem to finish any more which has frustrated me to no end. Rally is the only thing that seems like fun anymore.
Good to know. I never went in with the IAP because it didn't seem like a game I'd play long term. I've dropped that much on other games (mostly Madden because I'm addicted) so it wasn't the money. Thanks for the input!