I've been playing Super Mario Run a fair bit now, and am curious, how do YOU prefer to play the game? On your iPhone or iPad?

I have to admit, for some quick/easy gaming during the day, the iPhone experience is hard to beat. Game can be played one-handed with ease, and my phone is always on me.

That said, in the evening while relaxing (or even in bed), I do much prefer the iPad experience. Display is bigger, the sound is better, and I don't mind holding the iPad with one hand while the other makes Mario jump jump jump through each level.

Thoughts?
    12-17-2016 09:55 AM
    Haven't played it on iPad (just my 6) but your post got me wondering if it was available on Apple TV... but it isn't, which is too bad.

I think you're right though - the iPad would be a nice change of pace for relaxing. Does it feel "slower" on the big screen?
    G.4 likes this.
    12-17-2016 10:07 AM
    Playing via Apple TV would be tons of fun, good point!

It doesn't actually feel slower on the bigger display of the iPad at all. Of course, I'm on an iPad mini so do keep that in mind.

I know the game is getting dumped on quite a lot, and while I agree I was expecting a more robust, LONGER gaming experience... I still enjoy it quite a bit.
    G.4 likes this.
    12-19-2016 03:58 PM
    I have it on both my 7 Plus and my iPad Pro (9.7"). I like it either way, but I've found that I gravitate more to my phone for that game. Reason being is you don't really get much extra stuff on the screen. Now if you could play the game in landscape on the iPad, then it would be a whole different story altogether. Come to think of it, I pretty much only play "landscape oriented" games on iPad and all vertical ones on iPhone
    12-21-2016 09:23 AM
    Playing via Apple TV would be tons of fun, good point!

It doesn't actually feel slower on the bigger display of the iPad at all. Of course, I'm on an iPad mini so do keep that in mind.

I know the game is getting dumped on quite a lot, and while I agree I was expecting a more robust, LONGER gaming experience... I still enjoy it quite a bit.
    I think if it worked on the Apple TV I could probably almost justify the cost for me. That would mean my family could take turns playing around the TV. That'd be pretty fun.
    12-21-2016 12:12 PM
    I think if it worked on the Apple TV I could probably almost justify the cost for me. That would mean my family could take turns playing around the TV. That'd be pretty fun.
    Easily!
    12-22-2016 05:09 AM
    play on iPhone
    04-19-2018 09:25 AM