Do you prefer playing Super Mario Run on iPhone or iPad?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I've been playing Super Mario Run a fair bit now, and am curious, how do YOU prefer to play the game? On your iPhone or iPad?

I have to admit, for some quick/easy gaming during the day, the iPhone experience is hard to beat. Game can be played one-handed with ease, and my phone is always on me.

That said, in the evening while relaxing (or even in bed), I do much prefer the iPad experience. Display is bigger, the sound is better, and I don't mind holding the iPad with one hand while the other makes Mario jump jump jump through each level.

Thoughts?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Haven't played it on iPad (just my 6) but your post got me wondering if it was available on Apple TV... but it isn't, which is too bad.

I think you're right though - the iPad would be a nice change of pace for relaxing. Does it feel "slower" on the big screen?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Playing via Apple TV would be tons of fun, good point!

It doesn't actually feel slower on the bigger display of the iPad at all. Of course, I'm on an iPad mini so do keep that in mind.

I know the game is getting dumped on quite a lot, and while I agree I was expecting a more robust, LONGER gaming experience... I still enjoy it quite a bit.

G.4

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I have it on both my 7 Plus and my iPad Pro (9.7"). I like it either way, but I've found that I gravitate more to my phone for that game. Reason being is you don't really get much extra stuff on the screen. Now if you could play the game in landscape on the iPad, then it would be a whole different story altogether. Come to think of it, I pretty much only play "landscape oriented" games on iPad and all vertical ones on iPhone

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Playing via Apple TV would be tons of fun, good point!

It doesn't actually feel slower on the bigger display of the iPad at all. Of course, I'm on an iPad mini so do keep that in mind.

I know the game is getting dumped on quite a lot, and while I agree I was expecting a more robust, LONGER gaming experience... I still enjoy it quite a bit.

I think if it worked on the Apple TV I could probably almost justify the cost for me. That would mean my family could take turns playing around the TV. That'd be pretty fun.

B_Ross

Jul 31, 2018
Visit site
I tried on my iPad but found the device to be too large to use such an app on, I prefer using it on my phone as I find my phone screen to certainly be large enough to view everything in game as it's meant to be. And still allows me to play the game without moving my hands around so much and stretching my fingers to tap on the screen.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711