Super curious to hear first impressions of Super Mario Run! Does the game bring back a lot of memories for you, for all of the 'vintage' gamers out there? Or if you're a younger gamer, how does the game perform for you when comparing to your 3DS, Wii, or Wii U experience? Is it all you hoped it'd be, and more?
    12-15-2016 12:29 PM
    It reminds me very much of the original Super Mario Brothers with the graphics of some of the newer versions of the game. I'm having a blast so far!
    Spencerdl and nikkisharif like this.
    12-15-2016 12:31 PM
    Terrible, since mine keeps on crashing and I can't play it lol.
    12-15-2016 12:37 PM
    Pretty good fun, Rally is good but a little annoying haha lost a load of toads 😡

Had it crash twice trying to link Facebook.
    12-15-2016 12:45 PM
    I'm having a ball. Brings me right back to the good ol' days.....when life was FUN!!!
    No crashes yet. Game play is great.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    12-15-2016 03:22 PM
    I'm in love, I been playing since it was released and haven't had any problems.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    12-15-2016 03:43 PM
    I'm in love, I been playing since it was released and haven't had any problems.
    12-15-2016 04:10 PM
    Does ok on my 6s Plus. Looks nice. But $9.99? Not yet. We'll see. Not sure I like it THAT much.
    nappalonia likes this.
    12-15-2016 04:36 PM
    Could help it, Mario on my iPad Pro 12" it's crazy, but awkward to play haha

Super Mario Run First Impressions!-imoreappimg_20161215_224955.jpg
    Chemy JMHT likes this.
    12-15-2016 04:50 PM
    ...oddly enough, since I saw a social media video by @Bla1ze earlier, I've not tried it yet. A bit like the Apple Watch latest update. I'll wait a few days, and then maybe I'll try it.
    12-15-2016 05:48 PM
    Downloaded it yesterday, but didn't get around to actually playing it until today. I think it's a great game, and pretty much what I expected it to be based on the pre release video. I do think I would like it better if it was not a runner, but it is what it is. It's worth the $10 for me, and I hope that Nintendo releases more games in the future.

On a final note, I think it is ridiculous and sad to see so many people leave one star rating for this game on the App Store because of the price. If you don't like the price, fine. Or, if there are things you don't like about the game, fine. But there is no way that this is one star material.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    12-16-2016 07:26 PM
    Works like a charm on my iPad mini 3. Fun game and if your a Nintendo fan from way back like I am, it's well worth the ten dollars!
    12-16-2016 11:00 PM
    I'm yet to get on it! Sounds good though!
    12-17-2016 04:44 AM
    Works like a charm on my iPad mini 3. Fun game and if your a Nintendo fan from way back like I am, it's well worth the ten dollars!
    Agreed. I know Nintendo has been taking a lot of flack. I agree that they priced it perhaps a bit too high. For the $10 I would have expected more levels and deeper gameplay. But still, no regrets on buying it. Beat the game already but there's still plenty of challenges to finish!
    nikkisharif likes this.
    12-20-2016 10:24 AM
    I am really enjoying it but haven't purchased the full version. Although I think I will, my biggest hesitation is that the PvP (Rally) portion of the game seems too difficult to earn tickets. Where other mobile games refresh PvP every 2 hours (as an example) this one does not.

James, any thoughts since you beat it already? Are you still earning enough tickets to make the rally playable post-win?

Thanks!
    12-29-2016 02:57 PM
    I am really enjoying it but haven't purchased the full version. Although I think I will, my biggest hesitation is that the PvP (Rally) portion of the game seems too difficult to earn tickets. Where other mobile games refresh PvP every 2 hours (as an example) this one does not.

James, any thoughts since you beat it already? Are you still earning enough tickets to make the rally playable post-win?

Thanks!
    You get a bunch of tickets when you purchase the game. I think it was 40 tix with purchase. Haven't had much time this week to play but still fun trying to collect more colored coins!
    12-31-2016 12:00 AM

Thanks!
    @bbclare - actually, I am still most certainly enjoying the game. Some thoughts:

I definitely have enough tickets to enjoy as many rallies as I like. I don't play the game a LOT, but I'll often open it up daily to play bonus games and collect tickets any way I can. I usually have between 70 to the max 99 tickets on hand, so rallies are always available.

Collecting coins has become a bit of an obsession. While I'm not doing as often as I used to, collecting all of the pink, purple and black coins is a fun way to keep playing the game too. I've completed each color coin on world one, and have finished the pink coins on most other levels.

Bottom line (for me at least) is I'm still enjoying the game. I suspect for most though, new worlds or challenges coming from Nintendo's side would be appreciated (i'd love that too).
    12-31-2016 09:50 AM
    Thx for the thoughts you two. I did end up purchasing it and am still enjoying it too. I found that using coins for those yellow ? Blocks helps too. I have 2 blocks already and sometimes get 5 tix per day from each.

Seems like there is enough to keep me busy with it for a little while 😊👍
    01-07-2017 12:00 PM
    Hope they will launch for android also soon
    01-12-2017 11:09 AM
    Me too. The more Mario Run, the better!!
    01-12-2017 11:18 AM
    My initial impression is I'm very disappointed. I'm an old school gamer. I've owned so many consoles but the NES and Super Mario Bros will always be my favorite. I found that Nintendo was lazy and also a bit stupid with this game. Personally I think they have lost their way and lost sight of the market. You can play the game with one hand since the game moves for you all you have to do is tap to jump. The reason I say they are lazy is because they didn't have to do the endless runner. They could have easily put a forward and backward sort of virtual half D-pad on the left side. It would enable players to go back and explore the world instead of being pushed forward and rushed through the stage. The joy of the original Mario game was discovering things. It was finding out that if I jump at this spot between two bushes there's a hidden block that gives me a mushroom/fire flower, breaking through the blocks in a section you will hit a block with multiple gold coins as you keep hitting it, etc. You lose all that becasue the game just keeps pushing you and you have to quickly try and complete the objectives of the level. I think it's a shame too because the graphics and the movements of the game are so nice that it would have been a welcomed update to an old favorite. Then they hampered it even more by requiring a constant internet connection?!? Seriously what is the deal with that in mobile games? Ugh maybe I'm just a console/computer gamer but I find that sooooo annoying. The fact that this is my fav game just multiplies that a million times more. I don't have an unlimited data plan and perhaps I'm in the minority. I just don't see the point of having the requirement. It's not like the game pushes the hardware so much that it needs to be doing behind the scenes processing or something. This was such a major let down I played it twice and I was just so bummed I deleted it.
    01-16-2017 01:57 PM
    @Ipheuria - love the strong opinions here. All I'll add is while I agree with you on most points actually, give it some time. After I beat the game I was somewhat disappointed. But then you discover the fun in it via rallies, collecting all the coin types, and other challenges. I play it daily now (at least once), and my initial disappointment is long gone.

I of course am still hoping (wishing) for more levels, but I'm not sure if we'll ever see that.
    01-16-2017 02:11 PM
    @Ipheuria - love the strong opinions here. All I'll add is while I agree with you on most points actually, give it some time. After I beat the game I was somewhat disappointed. But then you discover the fun in it via rallies, collecting all the coin types, and other challenges. I play it daily now (at least once), and my initial disappointment is long gone.

I of course am still hoping (wishing) for more levels, but I'm not sure if we'll ever see that.
    I think there will definitely be users who love it. Users who grew up with endless runners and enjoy the rapid rush and the skill it takes to get all the coins etc. There will always be skill and users who are on another level no matter how the game is put together. Look at Flappy Bird, the graphics weren't slick, the physics and gameplay was monumentally hard but there were still users who could get to higher levels than anyone else. I'm just not one of those users who likes Mario Run. It was the first Mario game to hit iOS after years of fakes and emulators. I think a lot of people like me made the mistake of thinking it would be an updated Super Mario Bros. They were smart to give it a different name because it is a different game. I've played endless runners before but with Mario Run I think it burns me because I expect more. It's like how we hold Apple to a higher standard than other manufacturers. I hold Nintendo to a higher standard than the indie devs and companies that come out with endless runners. The internet connection is also an instant kill for me. I can't get into a game by playing it while at home. I have a 3 year old and my Playstation and XBox are collecting dust. There is no way I'm going to find time to play. Super Mario Run. I do have an hour to and from work where I sit on the train but gasp, I don't have unlimited data so that makes the game useless. The whole thing about it being because of piracy is lame and IMO a cop out. I'm not saying it's not the reason I'm just saying it's not a good reason.
    I've seen a couple people complaining about the 1 star reviews based on the $10 price. Normally I would agree because I think people are cheap and $10 in the app store is nothing. However in this case the negative reviews might make Nintendo actually take notice because I think those users just can't explain themselves. They are putting down the 10 bucks as the reason but underneath it's more that they don't see value in the game to equate to the $10. I have no problem paying $10 on the app store and if this game played like I could envision it playing I would pay that in a heartbeat. How it is now, well I deleted it so that is pretty obvious I wouldn't pay the $10.
    01-18-2017 07:35 AM