Super Mario Run in app purchases

I

iMore Question

Anyone know if Super Mario Run will have in app purchases and upgrades?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! Super Mario Run will cost $9.99 up front. No in-app purchases from what I've heard.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! Super Mario Run will cost $9.99 up front. No in-app purchases from what I've heard.

Not sure if this is what you meant but it will actually be $9.99 purchased within the app. First 3 levels are free. The rest are unlocked by paying that 9.99 within the app. Don't know if that counts as an IAP or not. I don't believe there are any costs aside from that though.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if this is what you meant but it will actually be $9.99 purchased within the app. First 3 levels are free. The rest are unlocked by paying that 9.99 within the app. Don't know if that counts as an IAP or not. I don't believe there are any costs aside from that though.

Sorry, I should have been more specific. Yes, that is what I meant in my response.

Skipdawg02

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Anyone know if this purchase will share across family? I have 3 kids with their own iPads and I really don't feel like shelling out $50 to Nintendo so the whole family can play.

giampierod

Dec 14, 2016
Visit site
@SwitchBeach That's what I was worried about.

When I logged in with my Nintendo account it said it could restore my purchases. I wonder if that is how you can reuse it on another device.

rudedog68

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
It' says it's Family Sharing on the App Store. I tried it last night but it didn't have a restore in app purchases option? Wonder if you need a Nintendo account like the post below says?

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
It' says it's Family Sharing on the App Store. I tried it last night but it didn't have a restore in app purchases option? Wonder if you need a Nintendo account like the post below says?

Family sharing works when you buy a game upfront in the app store, not for in app purchases. Since you pay to unlock the whole game from within the game, it is not part of family sharing. There may be a work around if you sign into your Nintendo account on multiple devices, but then you won't be able to play against each other. At least this seems to be the case. I bought the unlock for both myself and my son yesterday so that we can both play and compete against each other.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
My wife is signed in to iTunes with my credentials. We've done it that way for over 2 years. Her iCloud and all else is hers. We can share in app purchases without paying for 2. It works fine for only 2 people.

rudedog68

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
Family sharing works when you buy a game upfront in the app store, not for in app purchases. Since you pay to unlock the whole game from within the game, it is not part of family sharing. There may be a work around if you sign into your Nintendo account on multiple devices, but then you won't be able to play against each other. At least this seems to be the case. I bought the unlock for both myself and my son yesterday so that we can both play and compete against each other.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
My wife is signed in to iTunes with my credentials. We've done it that way for over 2 years. Her iCloud and all else is hers. We can share in app purchases without paying for 2. It works fine for only 2 people.

My wife and I did the same for a few years. It worked fine for us as well. We switched to family sharing when the kids started getting iPads and then iPhones. It works great too. We don't do much "in app" purchasing so this game is a little unusual for us.

rudedog68

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site

Sorry about that first reply, I hit post by accident. Anyway, you're probably right and I'll just have to bite the bullet for $40 since my whole family wants to play. I've paid for more on PS4 so be it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox